Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 25th August 2010, 16:01   #1
Default Cedia: Service issues: Raima motors

I had major service issues with Raima motors (mitsubishi, authorised dealer, Hyderabad). I hope this is not the only authorized service center in hyderabad. If yes, I would have to repent the buy due to very very poor service.

I bought a pre-owned cedia select. More details are here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...owned-car.html (Cedia Select: Pre-owned car))

After installing ICE. The left front and rear parking lights along with the lights on instrument cluster conked off. I asked the installer about this and he checked the fuses and asked me to replace the fuses.

I called up raima motors and they were reluctant to come to my place and change the fuses. One day I left my office early and went to raima motors. There were two electricians who came and opened the hood and the fuse box and found out the blown fuse. The put a copper wire to the fuse and then checked something. when I noticed fumes coming from the fuse box and told them. They stopped it and asked me if I have changed the stereo system. I said yes and they opened the entire dashboard panel and said that due to incorrect wiring by the ICE installer the wiring has burnt. They said that they will change the wire which is melted and in order to do that they have to open the entire dashboard and left fender to fix the wiring issue. They asked me to come next day. As I had to leave the car overnight and pick it up next afternoon - I have asked them to sort out the noise on suspension which was evident on either turning the steering to the extreme left or right. The technician who took a test drive said the strut-bearings are gone and have to be replaced. The service advisor said everything will be done by next day evening.

I agreed and left in a rickshaw and called the electrician in the noon next day. He said the job is over and the bearings have to be changed. I called the service advisor and he said that the wiring job is not completed and would need another day. When I said I spoke to the electrician - who has said the job is over. he gave some lame excuses. I told him I will get the strut-bearings replaced later and would pick up my car in the evening.

Based on the service advisor bluff I became suspicious about their (raima) service and enquired with maruti A.S.S regarding the wiring thing. I knew maruti A.S.S very well as I had trouble free service for 3.5 years on my old swift vdi. That person said the wiring must and will burn only if the fuses are bypassed. when I told him that the electrician has put a copper wire and made the blown fuse direct. the mass guy said only one thing. The wires were melted/burnt only because the fuses were bypassed. the fuses are there to protect any wrong wiring connections. I asked the electrician at raima he said some x y z reasons and said the wiring has melted only because of wrong connection.

not satisfied with the responses and blaming my luck. I paid 1600 and took my car. The issue was fixed but the raima motor guys have screwed my wiring and charged the amount on me.

Next weekend again went to their workshop and got the strut bearings replaced. The service advisor on last visit said I can be present on the floor when the job is going on. The technician was reluctant and when told him about the service advisor mentioning i can stand on the floor he refused. The SA was on leave that day. I went and sat in the waiting area. After one hour the technician came and showed the old bearings and said the job is done and he has replaced the bearings. When I took a test drive I asked him why the steering is making noise on bad stretches. he said this is common on cedia. When I asked the gear is notchy for the first 4-5 kms after a cold start. he again gave the same reason. There was no noise on the turning the steering towards left or right. Paid 2000 bucks and went off.

On my way back just before reaching home I noticed that the car is pulling towards right and there was the same noise while going over humps.

Called the service advisor next day and he asked me to get the vehicle back. couldnt find time and went after two weeks again on a weekend (21-aug-2010). Mean while in this two weeks I have noticed that the noise re-surfaced within 2 days. Now the steering was making noise on turning and on going over humps and pulling towards right.

I spoke to a friend of mine who asked me to visit bharat cars which are run by his friends who earlier worked with mitsubishi. My friend is the RM for sales for Mobil. Went to the workshop and asked them to check the tie-rod ends and ball joints. The opened and told me they are perfect. The noise is because of the strut-bearings. Regarding the pulling on right they asked me to get the alignment done. Got the alignment done at ashoka wheels and the toe issue was solved.

then called the service advisor and went to raima motors to inspect the noise. The technician took a test drive and told me he will fix it. I asked him what is the problem he said he will look and fix it and then went inside taking my car. I was surprised that they took the car inside without telling me what the problem was and what they are going to do. I called the service advisor and asked what is the problem and what fix they are going to do. he said that the strut-bearings are good but there is some noise from the springs.

This reason blew my fuse. I told him I had the same noise two weeks back and he replaced the bearings by charging me 2000 and how come the spring is the cause for same noise. He said the noise is not from strut-bearings. I told him that I have got this examinied at another service center and they asked me to change the bearings. He was adamant that the noise was not due to the bearings.

I told him give me my car back. He said OK. I told him that I will put this service issue on Team BHP and he said go ahead and do whatever you want.

1. My wiring got screwed
2. My time and money went waste on strut-bearings with issue back to square one
3. I asked the bharat car guys. he said if the bearing is gone within 2 days then the bearings may not be original. he also said there are bearings available for 150 instead of 750 charged by mitsubishi for one bearing. now I doubt if the bearings put on my car are original or the replicas.
4. am repenting my buy as there is no other authorised dealer. If this is the state of affairs i guess no body will come forward to buy their cars in hyderabad. I hope there is another authorised service center.

Such a lovely car with an equally lousy after service. Can anyone suggest any alternative place. or should i go to bharat cars?
srini.rtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 17:16   #2

Sad state of affairs. No wonder the cars are 'rare species' on the roads these days inspite of being great vehicles.

Pls look out for indepandant experienced mechanics / outside garages which are more open and fair in their dealing.

Wiring and suspension /strut fix is something which should be doable satisfactorily by any experienced mechanic.

Edit :

Here are two options already available.

Last edited by jigbarai : 25th August 2010 at 17:20.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 17:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear your case. I have faced a similar issue at Autonova Mitsubishi Ahmedabad on various occassions and have decided to go to non-authorized workshop.

Wonder What HM-Mitsubishi has been doing apart from sleeping.

We need to make this a dominant thread which can catch HM-Mitsu's eye since their products are well built but its the service and spares that is letting them down.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote