Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread

Old 29th August 2010, 13:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

This is really unfortunate. Of course in India, not a very uncommon thing to happen.

Here's another incident :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...up-driver.html (Horrible accident while test driving SX4 (Mob/dealer beat up the driver))
Old 29th August 2010, 13:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Manik, get a refund from Joshi, and take your business elsewhere. Write to Fiat India, the first to the CEO corner on the Fiat website, they usually are quite responsive. You can also use the numbers listed on: Fiat India

From my own experience, I've seen that they are quite quick to respond. Like Issigonis suggested, be mature about it, and it is bound to get results.

That being said, I'd say that the thread title is misleading. While pushing and shoving is extremely distasteful, saying that you paid Fiat India to "Beat to you up" is hyperbole. Kindly drop a note to the mods and change the thread title to something more appropriate.

OT: This is a malaise that is quite common in our forum, we tend to sensationalize the thread title(to pique member interest?). I have a sneaky feeling that this is indirectly responsible for many threads turning into brand bashing exercise.
Old 29th August 2010, 13:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Update

I went to the dealer today morning and with them i went to the dealers yard to get a new car as my dad forced me to do so

i went and checked the other available Punto's

all the car were rusting near the top at the rear after careful survey i narrowed done to a car and i with my driver with the dealer sales person got into the car.
He didn't apply heater to the car and that poor car which was standing in the lot for 3-4 weeks without even letting the car idle he just raced the car all through first three gears (brand new diesel car)
I simple had enough i got of the car when back to the dealer to get my money back

now the dealer is saying that i have three options
1 Get the punto active mjd of my choice
2 get a indica vista fully loaded
3 get my money back

i have till tomorrow to decide but my dad is not to keen on getting the money back, but hes slowly going toward the 3rd option
Old 29th August 2010, 14:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Get your money back and stop dealing with the rogues.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:03   #50
BHPian

Default Take your money back.

step 1. Please please please; take your money back. And trust be it won't be easy, as asking your money back will cause more nastier arguments.

step 2. Before step 1) Hire a lawyer (must have) and then File an FIR for physical assault & threats ; don't even think about going ahead to police without a trusted laywer.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:39   #51
BHPian

Please take your money back.

I am sure none of the bhpians are ever going to do any business with that dealer but just to be on the safer side, could you please share the VIN of the vehicle, you got, so that chances are less for even any friend or acquaintance of any bhpian to end up purchasing it.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Its funny you went to deal with them even after they manhandled you.

If I were you, I would not get the car for free from them.

Principle counts you know and it will take you long way further.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:18   #53
BHPian

Make your dad inclined towards some other brand, get things done at fast pace, or else these dealers will make a fun out of u.

My opinion: get a Swift LDI
Old 29th August 2010, 17:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
now the dealer is saying that i have three options
1 Get the punto active mjd of my choice
2 get a indica vista fully loaded
3 get my money back

i have till tomorrow to decide but my dad is not to keen on getting the money back, but hes slowly going toward the 3rd option

STOP playing around with your money, convince your dad about this. There are enough Fiat dealers in this part of the country who can deliver you a Punto in a far better condition than this(and ohh yes treat you in a better way).

No offense but why is your dad not keen on getting his money back.

Its high time FIAL does something, if they acknowledge that they are following this thread then how about some concrete action against the dealership to set an example Fiat India..?
Old 29th August 2010, 17:55   #55
BHPian

Get your money back and go to a reputed dealer - Punto is a good car but with these kind of dealers you do not want one.
Old 29th August 2010, 18:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

I have decide to get my money back asap i.e. tomorrow morning and my Dad is a lawyer and my Granddad is retire High court Judge, so the dealer can't even think of even keeping our money.

As for my next car i am booking a VW Polo TDI tomorrow only
Old 29th August 2010, 18:33   #57
BHPian

Get the money back. No need to deal with them anymore. You have alot more options in the industrial area to pick up a new car.
Old 29th August 2010, 18:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
As for my next car i am booking a VW Polo TDI tomorrow only
You have done the best thing to do i.e. boycott the brand and not only the dealer, since the brand is equally blamed for not intervening here to resolve things to your satisfaction.

If Fiat is reading this, then i hope and pray that they realize that this time to wake up and smell the coffee. Hope they take some steps to atleast make the other prospective buyers, here, feel safe.

In this forum we keep accusing Hyundai and Maruti for taking the Indian customer for granted and overpricing their cars. However, that IMO is a far better thing to do than what Fiat has done here. Overpricing is far more justifiable than putting customers through such ordeals, in terms of poor service etc.

I have always been a fan of Fiat, but ever since I have put 4.5 lacs of my hard earned/saved money on a (perhaps soon to arrive) Palio, i have been very aprehensive about the brands code of conduct. Further reasearch has only worsened things as nuber of poor experiences seem to be way higher than the pleasant ones.

God only knows if I am doing the right thing, still sticking to the Palio booking ! (Or perhaps, apart from God, some BHPians do, as well ! :-) Please share your opinions/suggestions)

Last edited by SilkDrive : 29th August 2010 at 18:43.
Old 29th August 2010, 19:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

1. Customer is always Right.

2. Whatever happened, if true in verbatim, then it is wrong thing to happen to a Customer

3. Commercial Disputes are better resolved by Discussion and Arbitration. Street Fights, Beating up Each other, Police involvement, Criminal cases in courts are just energy burners.

4. My personal view on this is prosecuting some one based on one version of the story is not right. Being symphathetic, and wishing earlier resolution of the dispute is what i can do now.

5. The brands involved need to be careful in selecting their business partners, distributors/dealers, service centers and their end staff. Brand Values should get translated into experience for the consumer. Such negative publicity is not good for the growth of the brand and the company in the short/medium term. More such incidences can really harm the brand/comapny.
Old 29th August 2010, 19:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so the people at fiat are watching the thread . and they have assured me that get the problem sorted out asap
This problem has only one solution. Refund. And that too, on road price. Not just the car price. Period.
Closed Thread