Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd October 2010, 18:11   #16
BHPian

Ideally what matters is the chassis No, as in the records the warranty No, make and Model would be for Vento (ask for such a copy if possible from the dealer).

As long as dealer ensures, there should be no worries.

What could be the reason for such a difference in handling customers (Honda Vs VW), Elite motors being from the same owner/Group as Dakshin Honda. Dakshin has a better may not be the horrible/worst as VW.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:05   #17
BHPian

I was handed over the keys at Lalit Ashok and took delivery on the same day. No mats and mudflaps. Asked what is going on considering it is the monsoon season. Their(VW Palace cross) reply was "Vento is a new model it will be coming soon" Any way I have purchased mats from a car accessories shop and waiting for the mud flaps. Now I have realised that I have not been given the warranty booklet and the tax paid receipt. The leather folder that has been given contains the service booklet and the owners manual. The manual is titled for both Polo and Vento which makes me think that VW india is cost cutting. There should be a exclusive manual for Vento alone. I now have to chase up the dealer for the tax receipt and the warranty booklet. Overall the dealerships are struggling to handle bookings and delivery in a professional way.
msd63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:30   #18
BHPian

Horrible experience at VW downtown(prabhadevi) today afternoon. Couldnt figure out who the sales executives were and who the customers were. They all were dressed casually and often shouting out to each other like they all belonged to some joint family that had come to see the vento.
Waited for 10 minutes, asked the lady for a test drive of the auto vento and she gave us some forms to fill. Attached my business card to the form, handed it over to her and was told to wait. Another 10-15 minutes later, theres no response.. walked over to the vento auto that was waiting outside with a customer in there and gave the representative in there a soft blasting.
He immediately got out, sent someone senior and we had our test drive. Disappointed with the condition of the car. Clearly dissuaded me for choosing this car. Went to the honda showroom next door, drove the auto and weve made our decision.
YSooSeriouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 15:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Ideally what matters is the chassis No, as in the records the warranty No, make and Model would be for Vento (ask for such a copy if possible from the dealer).
The warranty booklet issue is quite hilarious actually! (so long as we don't get hurt by it)

Firstly it is the only book that I received that is actually printed in India. One would think that they would get that right.

Secondly, I can understand VW giving a 1.2 booklet to Polo 1.6 and Vento owners. But 1.4? What were they smoking?

Anyway for me so long as VW honors their warranty and does not nitpick, I really don't care what the booklet says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
I was handed over the keys at Lalit Ashok and took delivery on the same day. No mats and mudflaps. Asked what is going on considering it is the monsoon season. Their(VW Palace cross) reply was "Vento is a new model it will be coming soon" Any way I have purchased mats from a car accessories shop and waiting for the mud flaps. Now I have realised that I have not been given the warranty booklet and the tax paid receipt. The leather folder that has been given contains the service booklet and the owners manual. The manual is titled for both Polo and Vento which makes me think that VW india is cost cutting. There should be a exclusive manual for Vento alone. I now have to chase up the dealer for the tax receipt and the warranty booklet. Overall the dealerships are struggling to handle bookings and delivery in a professional way.
I am not sure if there is a separate tax receipt these days. The Smart Card should record the tax paid similar to how it used to be on the RC books.

Chasing the dealer is something I have been doing before I got the Polo and since. Now it is for the reverse parking sensors and the Smart Card.

If VW Downtown were a little more proactive and actually called their customers when they received mud-flaps or sensors or what-not, imagine how much we will save in future medical bills.

To make matters worse, they will say "Sir, if you called yesterday I could have given you the _____ (fill this blank with item)!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
Horrible experience at VW downtown(prabhadevi) today afternoon.
Buddy, we are talking about a different downtown here.

Why not open a separate thread for the one in Mumbai? I hope the two share the name and nothing else.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 14:51   #20
BHPian

There is definitely something wrong with these VW dealers, here is my experience with Downtown Volkswagen, Bangalore. I mailed the entire story to their customer care as well, but no response from them too. If they are competing with Honda, then they need to treat the customers also at par with them.

I went to one of the dealers here in Bangalore, namely Downtown Volkswagen. Obviously before going to the showroom for the actual test drive and seeing the vehicle (Vento) I called up the sales guy on Monday and Tuesday and asked him if I can come on Saturday, I was very enthusiastic about the car, So I went to the showroom today and this is what happened

1) The sales guys there don't have much idea or probably they are not much interested in telling about the car

2) The test drive vehicles were not available

3) After my request one of the sales guys said that he has actually arranged for a petrol test drive vehicle, I told them earlier that I am interested in taking a test drive for Diesel as well as Petrol

4) All the guys disappeared and were somewhere on the reception / chatting with each other / talking to other customers

5) I kept waiting for some 15-20 min, with no response from their side, I again went to them to inquire about the status of the test drive, and this time I was told that the sales guys thought that I am not interested in taking the test drive right now so they have sent the car somewhere else, earlier they asked for my driving license which I showed to them and after this I guess they don't need any other proof that I am actually interested in the test drive.

6) I kept calm and requested them if I can have a look at any silver colored vehicle as that was the color I was planning to buy, I was asked to go to some section where the vehicles were parked, suddenly one of the security guards came shouting at me and my wife, and told us that we cannot go there as today is a holiday.

I have some questions here:

1) If it was a holiday then why was I promised on the phone that I can come down on Saturday and I would be given a test drive, I tried to take an appointment with the sales person, but I was told that I can come anytime. I dont know if the people at the Dealer network have a lot of time, but I definitely ended up wasting some 3-4 hrs of my day with no positive outcome

2) the person at the reception told me that they dont offer test drives on the weekend, now if that was the case why wasnt I informed in the first case.

3) Why do the people at the showroom think on their own that I am not interested in the test drive, I actually carried the cheque book to book the vehicle and now I am in double mind, if this is the way these people treat their customers then I guess I would rather go with Honda City

4) If they dont send the car to the homes of customers for test drives, which I was told, where were the vehicles absconding on that day ? Definitely its their property and they can send it anywhere, but due to this entire chaos I ended up wasting approximately 4 hours.

At the end the last thing I wanted was to get a scolding / shout from the security guy, please dont get me wrong, he was the only guy in the showroom doing his duty, what was lacking was the effort from the sales guys. At the end of the day, after wasting so much time and energy, I did not accomplish anything, apart from that I am feeling insulted after visiting the showroom, this is definitely not the way to treat a customer. I cant understand the reason behind their (Dealer's) arrogance.....

I have owned a Volkswagen POLO in the past when I was in Germany, I am a big fan of Volkswagen cars, that was the only reason I wanted to buy the Sedan (Vento) but there is something seriously lacking here. After this I went to the Honda showroom, they very enthusiastically offered a test drive, it was a holiday for them as well, they got the vehicle specially for me from the workshop. I guess one can see clearly where the customer is feeling like a king.
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 07:20   #21
BHPian

Had an entirely different experience at Volkswagen Palace Cross, Bangalore. The sales guy was very good, he took the pains and arranged for a TD on a Sunday, was informative and knew about the engine / car / features.

Booked the car right away!
Old 18th October 2010, 08:05   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY TERMS 'POLO' 1.4 ! When I quizzed the guy, he sheepishly tells me that they have not received the new Warranty Booklets for Vento from VW..says tht the this will hold gud as the Chassis No is mentioned inside. I ask - IS THIS ACCEPTABLE !
This is unpardonable blunder committed by VW. Will they do these sort of customer-unfriendly acts in Europe or the USA? These MNCs adopt double standards when they do their business in India. They literally and metaphorically take Indians for a big ride thanks to our corrupt and lethargic government machinery.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 08:20   #23
BHPian

I've been checking with Elite motors for a TD of Vento after the launch. I never went to the showroom, but called them on 3 consecutive Saturdays. They kept saying TD vehicle is not available today, blah blah blah.

I went to VW Palace cross on the next weekend. Initially, nobody came to ask me why I was there. I was just roaming around the showroom checking out the displayed Vento. I thought I was experiencing a horror visit as people have mentioned in the threads in this forum. But, when I went to the counter and asked for a test drive, the executive arranged one for me in less than ten minutes.

The problem I think, is that they're understaffed and untrained to handle the 'mass market'. With Passat/Jetta/Touareg, they might not have had a problem. But, with Polo and Vento scale, they're suddenly found unprepared. Hope they fix this before it's too late.
tachobells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 08:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
I went to VW Palace cross on the next weekend. Initially, nobody came to ask me why I was there. I was just roaming around the showroom checking out the displayed Vento. I thought I was experiencing a horror visit as people have mentioned in the threads in this forum. But, when I went to the counter and asked for a test drive, the executive arranged one for me in less than ten minutes.
I love that approach. Don't disturb the customer, let him take his time instead of following him and going bla bla bla about the car. If he wants let him ask and we will oblige.

Actually the same thing happened with Ajmat and myself when we went to VW palace cross. Noone bothered us at all. We saw the Vento in detail, then the Jetta and the Passat. Sat in all 3, compared the Jetta to the Vento and then went upto the counter asked for price list and TD info and walked out. We were there for more than 20mins fiddling around in the 3 cars but no interference from any sales guy.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 09:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

@tachobells, I too visited Palace cross VW yesterday (sunday). I liked their approach. They are quite good in responding to your queries. I was late yesterday and the guys still arranged the test drive within 5 minutes. I think its the same VST group that had various 2 wheeler dealerships.

I asked for the Vento and they asked me to go to the basement where I could check Jetta, Vento and Polo all at my will.

I like being let alone exploring the cars without anyone bothering your.

Last edited by srishiva : 18th October 2010 at 09:18.
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 10:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
I've been checking with Elite motors for a TD of Vento after the launch. I never went to the showroom, but called them on 3 consecutive Saturdays. They kept saying TD vehicle is not available today, blah blah blah.

The problem I think, is that they're understaffed and untrained to handle the 'mass market'. With Passat/Jetta/Touareg, they might not have had a problem. But, with Polo and Vento scale, they're suddenly found unprepared. Hope they fix this before it's too late.
I think this can be a reason, but then they have to gear up, this cannot go on... I had a good experience at VW Palace Cross, Bangalore ..
Old 9th March 2011, 13:46   #27
BHPian

Default Re: Vento Experience at VW Downtown (Elite Motors, Bangalore)

@ nowwhat?/chet1376/J.Ravi: There is nothing wrong in that booklet given by VW. No offense, but I find it to be a hilarious idea! But on a serious note, one ought to be criticizing the dealer for not being able to explain the reasoning behind the whole concept.

The booklet in question is not specifically meant for a Polo 1.4! It is just a common booklet provided for all Polos/Ventos. The Polo saloon is classified as the Vento only in India. In other markets, it's simply known as the Polo saloon. Therefore all Polos/Ventos share the same book. I hope I'm making sense here?

At the same time, the Passat and Jetta share the same warranty booklet although they are two different models, albeit with some common components. This booklet is a 1.3. Has anyone heard of a 1.3 litre Passat? I rest my case.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 17:53   #28
BHPian

Default Re: Vento Experience at VW Downtown (Elite Motors, Bangalore)

Finally VW woke up after 5.5 months and I got a call from their Mumbai head office for this issue today. They took my feedback on the complaint that I registered 5 months back....

Seems they really need to revamp their customer service department
Old 21st October 2011, 22:36   #29

Thumbs down VW Dealer - Elite Motors, Bangalore - unprofessional

Posting this feedback on behalf of a friend(Arnab Bandyopadhyay) who doesnt have a tem-bhp account yet, in his words:

Below Par services rendered
----------------------------
When going to take delivery of Polo Highline 1.6 from Elite Motors (Bangalore), I found that my name was misspelt; with each document having a different name and none of them spelt correctly. This is disappointing to the extent of an insult. Add to this, my name being misspelt in govt. documents like road tax receipt, for which I might be pulled up for not carrying proper documents, bringing further disrepute to me. After this being pointed out to the representatives, they failed to give me any credible answer and went ahead to tamper with the govt. issued receipt.

To add insult to injury, even after being apprised of gravity of the situation, the Sales Head did not show his face, citing his busy schedule.
We wasted about 3 hours at the showroom, not even knowing whom to approach and talk about the next step, hopelessly we had to leave without taking the delivery; hence writing this.

Is this what a customer should expect when walking into a Volkwagen Showroom?

Original post in facebook: Volkswagen India - Feedback | Facebook

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st October 2011 at 23:06. Reason: Only 3 smilies per post allowed, please read our board rules carefully before proceeding further, thanks
azmi.ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 23:59   #30
BHPian

Default Re: VW Dealer - Elite Motors, Bangalore - unprofessional

Is it Volkswagen Downtown Bangalore formerly known as Elite motors ?

They have their own set of rules
1. Customers are not allowed to get finance from outside
2. SE keeps changing too often etc..

Even i wasted more than 3hrs just to get a performa invoice and a receipt for cash payment.
Even i had a bad dealership experience there, eventually cancelled my booking of VentoTDi Highline.
f@lcon is offline   Reply With Quote