Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st October 2010, 12:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Autonova - Mitsubishi dealer, Ahmedabad

Hello People,

I had been wanting to write on this for a long time but somehow it always missed my mind.
I will go in flashback a bit:

Jan 2008 : Dad informs me that we are in time to sell our 4 year old Indigo and update to a petrol sedan. Since we didnt drive much the need for diesel was eliminated right there and than. The options we considered were NHC & SX4. Maruti dealer was as usual, not so keen as they were already selling over capacity. so walked out in 20 mins. Next stop was Landmark Honda. Got a good treatment there. Took a test drive in city area and another one on the highway to get the feel of the car in both conditions.

Later that week a friend brought home his cedia to show to my dad as he wasnt too keen on Mitsubishi since there werent many on roads then. After seeing my friends car, dad agreed to visit the showroom.

Feb 2008 : First visit to Autonova.

We reached the showroom and the guard guided us to proper parking and showed us in. The moment we stepped in, we were greeted by the receptionist and a sales person was appointed to us. He took us around cedia's features and was very modest and honest about the pros and cons of the car. He didnt try to boast any non sense about the car over other cars we had tested. He took a pen and paper and made a rough comparison chart comparing cedia to SX4 & NHC ( since those were the only 2 cars we had tested then). after 30 mins of chit chatting in the showroom he got th Test drive car. One note here, the test drive car was actually a test drive car, no delivery car etc.

During the first leg of the drive, the sales person drove the car and had us experience the rear seat comfort and dad was completely convinced that this is the car he wants to take home with him. we drove well over 10 kms as passengers and than took over the wheel. We tested almost every driving pattern; city driving, high way, hard revving, breaking etc. Over all we rated the car 9/10.

The cedia may not have all the bells and whistles like other cars, but dad's priorities were simple and to the point. Airbags, Abs & simple interiors (the reason he rejected Civic as he found the the interiors too flashy for his liking). Since my mom wasnt around the sales person offered to send the test car home so we could show the car to my mom as well as test the parking ability in our garage. Next weekend the sales person came home on a sunday morning and we took mom out for a spin and she too was impressed by the car over all.

I know this review sounds more like a car ownership / selection thread but i am highlighting my experiences with the dealer. landmark honda refused to send the car home. "Against policy". During the test drive of NHC we were indicated atleast thrice "Sir, now lets take a U turn and head back" where as with Autonova not even once such an indication was given by the SP. Infact he was very patient and spoke of everything to us right from weather, politics, economy etc. Not once did he act pushy.

In the following week Autonova called us and checked if we have made a decision on the car. We visited the showroom that evening and decided to buy Cedia Select version. During the car selection process we wanted to see the Grey one before taking a final decision. The showroom didnt have a Grey cedia in stock and hence asked us for a couple of days. Surprisingly we got a call next morning that a customer's car has come for servicing and its in same Grey color that we want. Once we reached the service center we were well informed that we will not be allowed to test or drive that car but only see the color and check the interiors. That car had done well over 50k kms and must say it was a well maintained car.

Car : Select model selected
Color : Grey ( Dont remember what grey it is called)
Booking Date : End of feb 2008.
Delivery : Wanted the car by 22nd March 2008.

During the negotiations for the price and freebies we were introduced to the owner of the dealership. Mr. Patel. To my good luck we happened to have a common friend and things became a lot easier. I exactly dont remember the price break up, but we got home the Cedia at exactly INR 9.25L.

They were very supportive during the Loan process and Insurance process. All documentation was done at our office at our convenient time. Once the car had arrived at the dealer prior to the delivery we were called in for the PDI and were also given a choice to switch the color to White if we were not satisfied with the Grey. All looked good.

22 March 2008 :

The showroom was to remain closed for some reason ( some ceremony at the owners residence), my mom being too superstitious about the delivery date & time, 11 am was the suggested time for taking delivery. The SP agreed to have the delivery arranged as requested by my mom. That was something Autonova did for us which i believe wouldnt have been possible at other dealerships.

Ever since we have got the car we have had all sorts of communication from them. feedback, invitation to new car launch etc. During each of the service centre visits we have been attended professionally like we would expect. Once we had a small issue with the power window so enroute to office we took the car to them and they said it was a normal issue and they would require about 30 mins to sort it. During those 30 mins we waited there, we were shown around the new outlander. taken on a test drive. During the course of the test drive dad and me just happened to mention that a car like outlander would be difficult to fit in out garage. Again, we were offered for a Sunday morning home test drive. Which we politely let down as we had no plans to upgrade.

All service schedules have been followed from their side. Proper service reminder letters come to our address a week before the due service date followed by a call to book the service and car pick up if needed. They have been making every effort to keep the customer happy.

All in all we have been a Mitsubishi customer since March 2008 till date and would rate them (company + Dealer) 9/10 over all.

Lot of people gave me "WHY MITSUBISHI" looks when we got the Cedia home. most common comments were " You should have bought NHC, its the most successful car".
" 2000 cc car? what mileage will it give you? "

I don't disagree to that, but we bought what we liked. We bought the cedia for our comfort. We have driven her on several highway runs and city drive every day. We are 100% satisfied with the car.

Any ways, its been a long review (at least for me), if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

the car in discussion :
Autonova - Mitsubishi dealer, Ahmedabad-1.surat-bby.jpg
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 16:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddy, is any update, travelogues, experiences, reviews incidents, expenses - coming up?
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 18:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

That is an Ashton Grey, lovely colour. Do post more pictures especially of the interiors would like to see how it holds up after two years of regular use.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 13:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Hey buddy, is any update, travelogues, experiences, reviews incidents, expenses - coming up?
Hey,

travelogues already here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2077656 (15 days, 5 crazy travellers, 4000 kms.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That is an Ashton Grey, lovely colour. Do post more pictures especially of the interiors would like to see how it holds up after two years of regular use.
Will surely click some pics soon. and upload them here.
not sure on drafting a experience thread. but if you guys have any questions you can always ask me here or on my travelogue or PM me.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote