Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 8th November 2010, 22:19   #16
BHPian

Tata customers are more motivated than Tata employees at their own service stations. They are probably under paid? ( But, I do feel they are under qualified and not self motivated! ) Ofcourse we do get a lot of morons working at all a s s Ive seen a few at maruti, Hyundai, etc etc. Tata does have a system, they call you up and verify. But, Nothing happens after that. They can work on the same problem manytimes and still it would exist, most likely because of the morons who just wanted a 'job'. I've heard of advicers complain about how good it is at hyundai. how they all leave home at 6:00pm and all that. from my experience Huyndai service experience always resulted on a huge bill, a washed car, a thank you on the floor mat, and the unresolved problem. I love my Indica(b) as much as I loved my Dads Amby. that does not happen often. Tata staff need motivation. or better still Tata needs a better breed of workers.
YaeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 22:47   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Cliffhanger, it's more or less same story with every car makers' a.s.s. Tata is no exception.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 18:45   #18
BHPian

Default Re: What is Tata Motors thinking?

Having no major complaints till 30k, my car had it's 3rd service in Tafe Reach, Chennai. At last, I got a chance to talk with a sensible SA. He was proactive, able to understand what I was trying to say and followed up whenever necessary. He even attended a few of the issues which I forgot to point out. Overall, after more than a year of owning a Punto, my car got the treatment it deserved.

Good Job Tafe Reach. I just hope Concorde Motors pull up their socks too!!
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 20:44   #19
BHPian

Concorde, Ambattur is overcrowed with Indica taxi's anytime during the day. Getting your car inside the service station itself is a nightmare.

Last time i went there, the usual SA was missing. He had quit and joined Ford. Attrition is very high among the SA's which is another problem apart from the lack of space inside the service centre despite the fact that Concorde Ambattur has the largest service facility in chennai.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 21:01   #20
BHPian

Were you informed about any plans on how they are going to combat this chaos?

Tata Motors lack the infrastructure to service even half their cars running on roads. They don't bother about that, but keep selling 20k units per month.

I've vowed not to buy a Tata Product ever in my life. With all those niggles their cars have and with such pathetic service, it's just night marish to own their products.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 21:11   #21
BHPian

1 year back they had plans to open one more service centre in Tambaram to ease congestion. No idea what happened to those plans.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 21:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

This state of affairs will soon affect all A.S.S unless more and more spacious and well equipped A.S.S are opened. Yeah, they are selling cars by the thousands every week, now Toyota, VW, Ford and Honda have all joined this bandwagon of FE centred low cost hatches. So every service centre will have this problem and more in the future. You simply cannot expect exemplary customer service, this will be just another supermarket/call centre experience. It is time we learnt how to do the basic service of our cars which is what has helped me avoid M.A.S.S.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 4th January 2011 at 21:52.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 22:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Cliffhanger, it's more or less same story with every car makers' a.s.s. Tata is no exception.
I never found any issues with MASS at 2 locations in Pune nor 2 locations in Banaglore. For my Lancer I found Southern Motor's Laxmikanth (Thanks to Viduth) and SVR Motors pretty good in handling customers. Both have gone beyond their call of duty in delivering cars back to my house. I guess Sagar motors Bangalore also has an option for ladies to have their cars picked up and dropped from and to their offices. I don't know if this is functional anymore.

My cousin in Pune who owns an Indica DLS never faced an issue in his Wakedewadi service centre, I forget the name.

Maybe I have been plain lucky.

I lost my white side indicators on the zen twice. I asked MASS to give me white indicator caps and they said it comes with the assembly not on a part basis. I asked them to fit the old orange ones on earlier zens and they did it with super glue and told me about it .

Last edited by prince_pervez : 4th January 2011 at 22:07.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 16:02   #24
BHPian

I was thinking of getting a Tata so I wanted to check if anyone on the forum had a positive experience with a T.A.S.S. in Hyderabad, India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The Varun Motors M.A.S.S. in Begumpet has offered me exceptional service in the past year, but I do agree that the workshop didn't offer the same kind of service a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
It is time we learnt how to do the basic service of our cars which is what has helped me avoid M.A.S.S.
There are independent workshops that can help you with most issues. An oil and filter change is the most basic need for all vehicles and I would imagine that independent workshops have enough experience with it to avoid fouling up the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I never found any issues with MASS at 2 locations in Pune nor 2 locations in Banaglore.

I asked MASS to give me white indicator caps and they said it comes with the assembly not on a part basis.
I had a good experience at the Varun Motors M.A.S.S. in Begumpet but a very negative experience with the Mithra Motors M.A.S.S. in Madhapur. Having said that, I have to add that the representatives from Maruti Ltd. did step in to handle the issue I had with Mithra Motors - another reason I recommend a Maruti.

BTW, I often experience the problem with the head lamp/tail lamp caps being available as a complete assembly too. I just pay the price and get a replacement for the entire assembly because I have no idea where to source the part from.
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote