Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th July 2011, 12:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour

Did a PDI of my friends Manza Elan last Monday and he is taking delivery tomorrow. Spent two hours at the Oberoi Motors Noida showroom. Being a non-registered vehicle, we did not take it out of the showroom (my friend had paid only Rs 10,000 booking amount for it, so I could figure they didn't want the car damaged).

There was the usual hesitation to co-operate for a detailed PDI by customer. Incidentally my friend has been given a March 2011 manufactured vehicle (in July first week). It became even worse when we asked them to raise the car on a lift.

They: "What do you want to check, Sir?"
Us: "That you are not giving us a vehicle with manufacturing defect which is currently visible or a car damaged in transit!"
They: "Sir, Tata QC is excellent! They can't pass off a defective car!
(I wish Tsk1979 was standing with us at that point of time. )
The new car carriers are so good, there is no chance of damage!"

They: "Sir, the tyres are under warranty by Bridgestone! No problems!"
Us: "So you want to us to drive around with bulges till we have a blow-out and then claim warranty?"

Apart from this, things did move smoothly, I did not find any substantial difference in this dealership as compared to others. The salesmen talk too much, they don't know anything about cars (technically or even practically) and once you give them a few strong words, they immediately change their tone and say "We're just trying to learn from knowledgeable people like you".

The sales DGM (or something like that) bragged for a while that "he had converted a lot of Linea sales into Manza" (because I was there to PDI a Manza) without realising that both of us had gone to the showroom in a Palio. I cornered him and asked him what difference did it make to him whether Manzas sold more or Lineas. He continued (thinking I was a Manza buyer) on the same lines that the Manza was a far better, cheaper and more loaded car so it was his duty to make people "see sense". I left it at that, since I did not want an argument just when we were negotiating discounts. Clearly, the salespeople have no inkling as to what exactly is the difference between the Linea and the Manza, so they cannot be expected to highlight the USP of the Fiat cars in a Tata showroom.

In short, I am not sure how responsive they were with TD requests or in dealing with customers (my friend handled all that). They gave us the Manza QJD Elan at Rs 8.38 lakh on road (Noida Regn.).

Everything else is just the same. I asked the saleswoman about the Punto 90HP. She told me that the Emotion and Emotion+ variant on Puntos are the same except for the alloy wheels. She conveniently forgot (or did not find it worthwhile) to mention ABS, Airbags, Blue and Me.

I think the salespeople in my industry (building and interiors) know far more about their products than those in the car industry. As I have mentioned, they talk too much, know zilch about cars and think that only thing the customer bothers about it is some flashy features and discounts. I don't blame them for the last one, though. It's the customer's fault.

Last edited by architect : 9th July 2011 at 12:49.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 14:56   #17
BANNED

Default Re: Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour

i have a xeta that needs to be serviced (weak fuel pressure). have had sour experiences at sterling. is oberoi any better?
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 15:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
i have a xeta that needs to be serviced (weak fuel pressure). have had sour experiences at sterling. is oberoi any better?
@sainsinner: Look for a guy called "Kashmiri" at Oberoi. This guys was with Nawab for a long time and later with Pearl Honda. Last time I went to Pearl Honda for car service, the guys told me that he shifted to Oberoi. If Kashmiri is there make good repo with him, and all your problem would be attended on priority.
amitku is offline   Reply With Quote