Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 21st October 2010, 16:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour

Ever seen a parking lot dominated by Fiats in a Tata Fiat showroom?
Well, this gave me a pleasant surprise at a newly opened showroom of the said brand at Noida, just next to Rohan motors maruti showroom somewhere in sector 2.
I finalized today as the date to take a long test drive of the t-jet which I took, of course.

Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour-dsc00001.jpg

But before that, I made a point to call and fix an appointment with the concerned salesperson, Mr. rehman in this case. He promised me a TD on Tuesday, but the cars had not arrived, then Wednesday, again cars not arrived and now today the demo car is here. Total dool maal? Isn't it?

Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour-dsc00004.jpg

But again, little did knew the surprise (or should I say shock?) that was in store for me. I called this guy and told him that I will be coming to the showroom post lunch by 2:30 pm. He said OK and the car is ready for the TD. I reach by 2:30 and look for him..He's there and tells me," sir, the car does not have petrol and a can for the dealership is about to arrive soon. It will take about 10 minutes. meanwhile, he is on phone and goes here and there..donno why, meanwhile another person comes and explains me all the features of the car (tuscan wine on display on first floor).
Mr rehman then comes and takes my license and details and goes to organize the TD, as I am the first person to drive the t-jet today. He runs around here and there...and says..abhi petrol aa raha hai, abhi aa raha hai..10 minutes turn into 20, 20 into 30, and so on.

And then..I get a shock. I am sitting merrily upstairs waiting for half an hour that when the car will be available and when I will take her out for a long spin and experience the power to guarantee admiration...fiat sales people here and there have no clue as to where he is and when I go down, the car vanishes and is spotted at the workshop getting some entries for an approval to get petrol.

Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour-dsc00007.jpg

But, where is MR rehman? Nowhere, leaving me behind after committing a TD on person and on phone, he vanishes all of a sudden to sector 63 in a tata car for another TD. I felt like ROFLING but was having sympathy over the utter poor communication gap between the persons there.
Meanwhile, some people sit in a safari and go after saying a few words and on my query, I was told that these were guys from tata motors on a routine inspection and there goes my luck. I wanted to stop them and express this kind of pathetic attitude of Mr rehman.

Then the car comes and I was told..sir, abhi petrol dalwane jaa raha hoon. that was after I had to raise an alarm because one hour had passed and still no TD was organized, despite a lady coming again and taking my details on a TD form.

Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour-dsc00010.jpg

Sorrys here, there, everywhere...and they take me as a backseat passenger to a nearby petrol pump and fill 25 litres of 87 octane fuel..man the pickup is real amazing. The car comes back to the showroom and a young ladki sits and apologises and keeps murmuring about our false commitment and sorrys etc....finally, a good 20 minute TD has been done and the car puts a grin on my face as wide as a map of africa.

TD done, feedback form filled with a below average rating on all customer communication related parameters. there when I talk to the ladki about the quality of service, she begins about those old stories lke RSA, 175 outlets etc and tall promises and there a young linea owner litens to us and tells, "inse kuch service expect mat karna". The products are good on paper, but let down by bad QC and service issues. He talks about his linea's poor AC cooling issues and worn out front discs on a march 2010 model covered about 7500 kms (shows me the job card.)

Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour-dsc00014.jpg

Many service personal are from rama motors, srinathji motors and few from pearl honda as well. So, fiat buyers and customers, its your call on what to expect. Though the showroom and workshop are extremely well made with good layout. Poor communication remains a big weakness (also experinced on my first call on sunday where the lady promised to "give a call back" and never happened.)

Competition is intense and like umpteen times told and telling again, dealers better pull up your socks. Your arch rival Volkswagen is about to open a new showroom just bang in front of oberoi cars in about a month.

Last edited by sidindica : 21st October 2010 at 16:53.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 12:21   #2
BHPian

Default I agree Oberoi

I hate to make write email like this but I will still write this just to raise my point.

Rajesh is the best mechanic for FIAT cars in NCR; and I wanted to get my Palio GTX checked by him. since his mobile wasn't reachable, I called up Oberoi cars since 1 month back he probably joined that workshop.

The person on the phone was pathetically rude; on me asking whether Rajesh works here, he said your car will get allotted mechanic. take your car somewhere else if you want to see a particular mechanic.

is FIAT listening ? I wanted to say beautiful Desi words to him, but probably now I will probably visit the workshop and find that guy to royally treat him in his office.

Oberoi Motors is pathetic.
neosmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 11:27   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour

I recently got my Vista serviced at Oberoi motors and they were very professional. One of my power window's assembly had been malfunctioning and they didnt have part in stock. After the service completion they assured me of getting it replaced as soon as possible. And they stood by their words. The CRO kept on calling me and advising me time and again when part would arrive and finally one day she told me all parts have arrived and I can get it replaced. It took almost 2 weeks.

I told them I need a drop to my office, which they didnt oblige because they dont have a drop vehicle. Instead they picked my car from my home and promised me early delivery. And yes, within 3 hours I got their call mentioning everything has been fixed. needless to say that when I went to pick the car, the washing was impeccable.

Well - I am impressed with their service and professionalism. Yes - I would visit them again for future services.

Cheers !
anmolbedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 15:05   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour

I have a very good feedback about this dealership. Here is my story
I called them yesterday to inquire about Punto. I was asked to wait for the callback within 10 minutes which I did get within 10 minutes. I had a very detailed discussion about various versions and their features. The lady listened to me patiently and explained everything. She seemed to be in no hurry. Finally I asked for the test drive, she immediatly asked for my address for which I said that I would be visiting them tomorrow(Which is today)
So I walk in to the showroom, goes to reception and tell the receptionist that I want to meet the lady whom I talked yesterday.
She asks me to go upstairs. I reach on the first floor and this lady is busy with another customer whose Car Delivery is due today. She comes to me, greets me and asks me to go for the test drive while she is busy in the paperwork for other customer. Another guy comes in, takes my DL, fills up some form and asks me to come downstairs. He gives me the Key of Punto Dynamic, guides me through the area and finally we hit the road. I takes a very-very long test drive, checks the brakes, asks numerous questions during the test drive and get all the answers to my satisfaction. This guy talks in a way that makes me feel that he himself is Fiat Fan.
I drive the car for almost half an hour, revving it fully, braking it hard and come back to showroom with a smiling face. I take the quotation and leave the showroom with good memory.
Now I am doing some maths and hopefully by end of this month, I will be proud owner of Punto.
anonymous is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 20:20   #5
BHPian

Just to re visit this thread again to share some more with you guys.
I had to put my plan of buying Fiat on hold due to some personala committment for another 2/3 months. While I was doing doing my research, one of my friend who was looking out to buy a new car, asked for my suggestion.
His requirement was very clear
1 - Petrol Car
2 - Fun to Drive
3 - Good looking and not too common on the road
So Maruti was out and so was Hyundai and Tata. I suggested him to check out Punto and told him to visit the same Dealer.
We both went to Oberoi Motors but unfotunately they didn't have Petrol Punto available for test drive. My friend checked out interiors and finally made his mind that Punto 1.4 Emotion is going to be his new car but again the test drive was not done so we asked for it and we were told to wait for couple of days while they could arrange the vechicle.
Got a call on Monday that car was available for test drive. My friend asked me to come down to showroom as well and on my way, my humble indica stalled on the road, so I had to call the Service Center to have them pick up my car and while I was waiting for them, my friend came in the test vechicle Punto 1.4. It was a brand new car with temp registration (Not sure if this was meant for the test drive or not and I did raise this question to which I was told that this car was due to be delivered to another customer who cancelled the booking right at the last moment, still it wouldn't answer my question but never mind as I was busy driving the beauty. I and my friend both felt that the car was slightly underpowered and this point made him bit reluctant, I thought that it may be because of the car being brand new and had not been driven (Odo Reading 55 KM) so I said that the performance would improve after first service). He had lots of doubts about After sales service. I showed him the following thread and told him not to believe what others say who don't even own Fiat Cars and go by the facts.
Team-BHP - View Poll Results
Finally he got convinced and booked the car today. He has been told that car would be delivered within 10 days.
I am happy for him and hopefully his experience with Fiat will make him happy.
He is not a member of the forum so I will be updating this thread on his behalf.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 16:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
My Friend booked the car today. He has been told that car would be delivered within 10 days.
I am happy for him and hopefully his experience with Fiat will make him happy.
He is not a member of the forum so I will be updating this thread on his behalf.
So the saga goes on. My friend received a call from dealer that the car has been delivered as they have promised. My friend was out of town so he asked to wait till he comes back.
He came back on 23rd Jan and visited the showroom on 24th Jan. He paid the total amount of Rs. 3,20,000 and a cheque of an interest free loan of Rs 200000. He asked to deliver the car by thursday i.e. 27th. So we went to the showroom on the same day.
The car was getting ready, while we did some paperwork and everything finished within 1 hour. My friend was explained all the features etc, I did the PDI. Then a small pack of sweets and one click and off we are on the road.

Overall Experience - Highly Recommended, specially to Fiat Lovers.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:57   #7
BHPian

There was one unfortunate incident happened with my friend 3 days ago. He was standing on a traffic light when an auto vala kissed his Punto on the driver side. So the side mirror broke completely and some scratches on the one door. The pain was peeled off.
He earlier thought to claim insurance but dropped this idea later (Do not know why). He went to Oberoi Motors and he was given a quote of Rs. 4500 for complete dent paint job. He was told to get the car on 4th but he received a call today that the car was ready.
I didn't see the damage but saw the car today and it looked like nothing had happened to it.
The only thing I didn't like is the polishing of interior parts dashboard, doors plastic etc, thought it shining very bright but I felt that that original shine of the plastic would go away because of this. May be I am wrong but I asked him not to get it done again.
Old 9th June 2011, 01:54   #8

Hi I am shifting from bangalore to Noida and planning to buy a Punto soon. Do you think it will make sense to pick it from Oberoi cars or any other dealer in Noida. Also do you know of a good ealer in Delhi. I am really looking for some serous giudance.
mads2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 18:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mads2849 View Post
Hi I am shifting from bangalore to Noida and planning to buy a Punto soon. Do you think it will make sense to pick it from Oberoi cars or any other dealer in Noida. Also do you know of a good ealer in Delhi. I am really looking for some serous giudance.
Welcome to NCR Region buddy.
You must give a try to Oberoi Motors as I have found them more customer friendly than any other dealer in Noida.
Sorry but I have no idea about Delhi Dealers though.
If you need any help while dealing with Oberoi, please feel free to PM me.

Disclaimer - I have no association with this dealer.
anonymous is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 00:30   #10

Smile Re: Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour

Thank you so very much for your reply. This is a really help as am pretty new to Noida. How do I get in touch with you after I visit Oberoi Cars. I would relly want advice n giudance from a fellow BHPian..before I buy my Punto.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mads2849 View Post
Thank you so very much for your reply. This is a really help as am pretty new to Noida. How do I get in touch with you after I visit Oberoi Cars. I would relly want advice n giudance from a fellow BHPian..before I buy my Punto.
I am not an expert here but surely would love to meet and help you out. Please PM me your number and we will get in touch. I have few contacts in the dealerships which we can use to get the best deal for you
Old 21st June 2011, 00:12   #12

perfecto ! my number is 9535894894,its a bangalore number as i will change it once am there..u can msg me your number n will update you once I am there. so long hope to catch up before I finally buy my dream car :-)
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:28   #13
BHPian

Cool Re: Oberoi Motors, Tata-Fiat dealership, Noida: Good experience turned sour

Folks, the overall experience, from TD to booking to final delivery, I had with Oberoi Cars in Noida was in one word fantastic. The sales guys were very courteous, patient and helpful. Every promise they made to me was fulfilled and I indeed felt a sense of commitment in them. After delivery, there was a delay of about 30 minutes, wherein I was waiting for the gear lock installer to come to their dealership. During those 30 minutes, sales guys apologized to me multiple times for the wait and ordered McD burgers and soft drinks for me. All this was after I'd taken delivery (signed all papers and made full payment) and then decided to get the gear lock installed from the dealership only. Got it FOC too.

When the installer didn't arrive after 30 minutes, the sales guy again apologized profusely and told me that I get back home (as I'd to get the Pooja done), and they'll send the installer to my home only. On reaching home, I was told that the installer would be there latest by 6 PM and indeed he arrived at 5:50 PM. The sales guy again called up, at 6PM, to first apologize for the delay and then confirm if the installer has arrived.

I met the service manager and he too seemed to be a strict and committed fellow (was from Defense backgroup). Gave me some pointers for running in and told me to be worry free about servicing aspect of the car (am praying his words come true).

My 2 cents from the experience I had with them:

1. Committed folks who like to keep their promises. (I was promised delivery in 4-6 weeks and have the car with me in less than 5 weeks).

2. Sincere folks who really value customer satisfaction, big time. (A single frown/doubt on my face used to have the sales guy running around, getting clarifications until I felt satisfied about the point in contention). The sales manager told me; if we make one customer feel dissatisfied, we'll end up losing a few more. If we make one genuinly happy, we'll have a lot more potential customers.

3. Courteous folks who try to make the customer feel at ease all times. (I was almost treated like a VIP , with guys running around me offering tea/coffee every 5 minutes and was never left alone even for a minute, unless I asked for it.)

For the TD to delivery period, I don't have a single complaint that I can think of, and that surprises even me!

BTW, the car I've bought is Safari VX 4x4.
lordofgondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am going to Oberoi Cars for PDI of my friend's Manza later today, although delivery is tomorrow. Expect a review tomorrow!
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 02:44   #15

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2011 at 11:51.
mads2849 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction