Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 23rd October 2010, 10:28   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Cauvery Ford is back in Bangalore. New dealership at Binnyston Garden

Cauvery Ford was known as the better of the Ford dealers in Bangalore; However, in 2008, they had switched brands (to Honda). Remember this thread (Cauvery Ford Bangalore Shut down)? New Cauvery Ford dealership inaugurated at Binnyston Garden on Magadi Road yesterday.

I bet the Figo's success had Cauvery running to Ford.

Highpoints:

- Cauvery Ford, a brand new 3S (showroom, sales and service) dealership facility inaugurated in the city of Bengaluru. With this dealership, Ford now has expanded its reach in Bangalore to 4 showrooms and 6 service outlets.

- With this new facility, Ford India will have 169 dealership outlets in 98 cities.

- The dealership covers an area of 50,000 square feet. Cauvery Ford has a workforce of 85 personnel divided into sales and service staff. The service center has a capacity to service 80 cars in a day. The facility also offers 2 dedicated Quick Service bays providing an express 90-minute scheduled servicing option.

Cauvery Ford is back in Bangalore. New dealership at Binnyston Garden-cauvery-ford.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2010 at 10:30.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 08:09   #2
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

The Group now has Dealerships for Hyundai (Advaith), Honda (Magnum), MUL (Garuda) Ford (Cauvery), and Hino Trucks. They are known to be very aggressive (not necessarily discounts!). Customer service is taken by them very seriously.

Wish them all the very best. Ford India will start to gain with their re-entry into Bangalore.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 15:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bet the Figo's success had Cauvery running to Ford.
Not true actually. I hear that Ford had been wanting cauvery to stay with them but Cauvery decided to leave. Even after that, they still continued to service Ford cars at the same place because of the demand for Cauvery.

Of course, the success of the figo also convinced Cauvery to accept Ford's offer and get back with them.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 16:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

IIRC, Cauvery still was a Ford facility outside of Bangalore.

Either way, it definitely means a better option for us in Bangalore. After stories of Metro's billing and my own experiences at Lathangi (they dont seem to be able to keep up with the load) - I definitely wanted another alternative for Ford A.S.S in Bangalore.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 12:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

The only issue is they are too far off. You cannot reach them at the drop of a hat. (I thought they were on Kanakpura road. Correct me if I am wrong).

For that Metro is very conveniently located.

I have not been to Cauvery and hence cannot compare Cauvery and Metro services.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 12:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ampere, Cauvery Was on Kanakapura Road. They moved away from Ford & converted that facility to the Magnum Honda unit. At that time, Lathangi set up shop on Bannerghatta Road.

Apparently, Ford is trying to spread the facilities, and hence Cauvery will not be able to open a Ford A.S.S near Bannerghatta Rd / Kanakapura Rd.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 13:08   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome back, Cauvery Ford!
I had bought my car from them in 2006, and their customer service was excellent. I was sad when they gave up on the Ford sales and servicing, but am glad they are back.

However, their new location means that i cannot think of going back to them, even if i wanted to. That i have found the services of a FNG tilts the scales further away.

I wonder why Ford hasnt thought it necesary to open an outlet in East Bangalore. Sorely in need of one.

Lathangi Ford was ovrflowing with cars for service, and their service levels were going down as time progressed. I have never tried Metro Ford for service.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 15:33   #8
BHPian

Default Re: Cauvery Ford is back in Bangalore. New dealership at Binnyston Garden

Any recent service experience review at this place ?
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 22:50   #9
BHPian

Default Re: Cauvery Ford is back in Bangalore. New dealership at Binnyston Garden

Looks like Ford is expanding the showroom counts. Elite Motors is opening up in Maratahalli. Next to VIMS Hospital.
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 15:49   #10
BHPian

Hi Folks,
I am almost closing on Figo Diesel EXI being a 'value for money' proposition.
The story till now:
- Called up all 3 dealers (Metro, Cauvery, Lathangi) in Bangalore on 09-Nov. Metro and Cauvery guys were eager to meet me and also offered a door-step test drive of the vehicle. However, it was completely different experience with Lathangi. I had to personally push for a test drive (at my place) which the lady clearly denied saying 'Its better that you come to our showroom sir'. She also went on explaining me about the pricing, features, availability and so on, however my request was only for a test drive.
- Got a call this morning, and it was Cauvery this time. The guy fixed an appointment at 12:30PM and came with grey Titanium varient. The car felt like a 'Demo' car although it looked like a private car from exterior and no 'Demo' sticker as well.
- Ride was good, drove about 5Kms within Bangalore city.
Few observations:
# Some rattling noise on rough terrains (not sure from where it appeared, sales guy pointed the rear number plate and hopefully it will be fixed by two way tape)
# Adhoc Vibration and noise from engine (I think this comes when the AC belt is in motion and goes off in few seconds)
# Interiors were dull and plastics felt not up to the mark (perhaps its not the case with new vehicle)
# Some other known issues like: no rear power windows, rear window opens only 60%, bonnet opening lever on co-passanger side, no steering mounted audio controls, USB drive in glove box, rear wiper switch which is actually the flash in most of the cars.

-------------------

* Figo owners, please comment on above issues and also on Cavery Ford dealership (buying) experiance.
* Metro and Lathangi, yet to hear from them. Are they better then Cavery (read some horrifying stories)?
* Also would like to know what deals can I expect if I push them a bit (accessories, goodies, etc) considering its a year end.
* What are the prevaling loan rates in the market?
* Which bank offers least/best interest rates?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards, Sary
sary is offline   Reply With Quote