Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 17th November 2010, 12:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post

There are several parts manufactured by ford in my 2003 mahindra scorpio. Few such parts are speedometer lighting console, power window switchs, cabin lamp assembly etc.

Infact the power window switches found in my brother's ikon tdci is similar to that in my scorpio.
Mahindra, if I'm not wrong, had tied-up with Ford earlier in 2002. Mahindra repeatedly went into the Ford parts bin for various bits that was later seen in the Scorpio earlier in '03. . You're right, the power-window switches and the instrumentation console were lifted-off the Ikon and were used in the earlier Scorpios. It's an observation I'd made back in 2003.

However, I don't think this has anything to do with the Ford bushes found in sushruthra's Honda.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 12:17   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
OT- Pathetic Honda spares
My silencer was scraping the road humps, went to Whitefiled Honda @ BLR, they told me to replace the Silencer rubber bushes, Replaced them there itself.
After 2 weeks once again silencer started scraping the road humps.
Went to a local garage to verify the issue.
Guess what Honda had put a FORD Rubber bush, which is of low quality and the bush lost it's tension and strated sagging soon.
Find the pic below
Attachment 454771

Whats wrong with Honda ??
Sushrutha, Now this is really bad on their part to put a Ford part (even if its a simple rubber bush) on a Honda Car. Really surprised at this and I am sure, if you had not visited the local mechanic you might have never known about the shocking reality at all and am glad that you did.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 12:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sushrutha, Now this is really bad on their part to put a Ford part (even if its a simple rubber bush) on a Honda Car. Really surprised at this and I am sure, if you had not visited the local mechanic you might have never known about the shocking reality at all and am glad that you did.
Yep I woudn't have had noticed If i hadn't taken it to a local garge to get the issue fixed.
This Ford bush is so weak, it can be stretch almost like a rubber band.
Original Honda bushes are great ones.
Now I have put a Local bush which is definetely better than the FORD bush which HONDA has put in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
However, I don't think this has anything to do with the Ford bushes found in sushruthra's Honda.
I agree with you Suhaas
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

tazmaan, with what another forum member has pointed out, refer to the car manual & if the AC service is not there you need not pay for that. Escalate the matter with Honda Cars India as well as the dealer (formally). If they do not respond within 30 days you have the liberty of going to the Consumer Court.

Regarding the Ford part used on Honda as sushrutha has mentioned in his post, I would like bring to your attention the fact that there is a major OEM manufacturer in Noida, which supplies these parts to few top rated companies, including Ford, Honda, Toyota & Tata. There could be few more of such parts supplier. Probably this is the case in sushrutha car.
BUT.... Look out for fake parts, which the dealer would be tempted to put to the car as it would bring big profits to the dealer (I have always maintained that these dealer do more harm to our cars than any good. Go to them to avoid breach of warranty, & find a good mechanic for other repairs & maintenance).
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 12:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
I dont think so. I guess some parts(plastic and rubber) are manufactured by various manufacturers and supplied to different clients.

There are several parts manufactured by ford in my 2003 mahindra scorpio. Few such parts are speedometer lighting console, power window switchs, cabin lamp assembly etc.

Infact the power window switches found in my brother's ikon tdci is similar to that in my scorpio.
IIRC Ford had some hand with the initial design of the Scorpio. I dont remember the bits properly, I remember reading this sort in team-bhp itself. There could be a few parts manufactured by other companies as practically it would be difficult to manufacture every single component of a car. Where as the bushes are concerned I have a gut feeling that Honda would be manufacturing them and not really Ford.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 13:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
When I refused to pay for the AC service...no sir its against company policy.
I would also agree to BBlost's point on checking the service manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Very simple. Check you service manual. If its not there and I am sure its not there, you don't need to do it.
I'm trying to think little a little different; probably the charge on your A/C compressor is low & might required to be charged. Under the terms, dealer should probably get your A/C charged under free of cost. So quite obvious, they want you to pay for it.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 13:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I would also agree to BBlost's point on checking the service manual

I'm trying to think little a little different; probably the charge on your A/C compressor is low & might required to be charged. Under the terms, dealer should probably get your A/C charged under free of cost. So quite obvious, they want you to pay for it.
The A/C is working fine and chills the car in less than 3 minutes. I was being told that its Honda Policy during the first service and now its become Solitaire Honda Policy after I took a stand that I am not paying for it! The car will be returned to me after oil change by afternoon.

Why do dealers think that all their customers who buy cars are dumb and have no knowledge about the cars and policies?

As I said my friend paid for it but why? because he is still not a member of team-bhp. Our forum gives us an edge and knowledge which is needed to tackle the dodgy dealers.

I have escalated this to Honda and mentioned this link lets see if it gets Honda to take corrective steps against such dealers.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 13:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have escalated this to Honda and mentioned this link lets see if it gets Honda to take corrective steps against such dealers.
You have done a great job by escalating this matter.

Honda should take some correcting action on the dealer on this, please do not forget to follow up on this if you do not get any reply from Honda.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 14:07   #24
BHPian

I wonder what's next. Replace all tyres during every visit to the service centre or warranty goes void! Its a shame to hear about the level to which some Honda dealers will drop to extort money from customers. Most Honda dealers in Mumbai seem to have this attitude. My experience with Linkway was equally bad.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 15:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I had bought a Honda Accord AT a month back from solitaire Honda Mumbai.

The car was due for 1st service today, when I went to the service center I was shocked to hear from the dealer that for the 1st service the AC needs to be serviced and recharged again. On asking if there is some problem with the AC I was told "No Sir" its company policy to do this during the 1st service. The charges for the same is Rs. 1000/-

I am not convinced that a brand new car which costs 22 lacs on road needs to get the AC recharged in the 1st month it self. Hell even the Alto which costs 10% of Accord doesn't require this.

When I refused to pay for the AC service I was warned that my Warranty will be Void. I asked the service representative to give me the same in writing. But as usual the answer was no sir its against company policy.

I want to ask my fellow BHPians is this true? Has anyone else faced this problem? Has Honda got desperate with NEGATIVE sales growth and resorted to cheating customers to make money?

I was going to buy Skoda but after hearing the horror stories I opted for Accord. The delivery experience of my car was the worst I can have and had to go twice to collect my car! Now at the first service I feel I am being looted.

People out there who think Skoda is bad please experience Honda, the rate at which their standards are falling they will beat Skoda in terms of BAD A.S.S.

I want to complain directly to Honda and I welcome any contact information.
Dear friend first of all I will clear your question about servicing the AC of your new Honda Accord in the first free service and that too on chargable basis when in actual every damn thing must be FREE exepy consumables.First and foremost had you noticed any lack of cooling in the AC before you handed over the car to them,if not then they have got no bloody right to do the service and charge you for the same.

In your complaint list in the first service had you mentioned anything about AC performance? if not then they cannot do the service without calling you back and asking your YES before starting the job.

My Honda Accord is six years old 45000kms and I got the AC serviced last month for the first time that too no gas charging, no overhauling of the compressor,no replacing any pipes,tubes,any components.The nice honest and hard working local mechanic opened the cooling coil cleaned it with light water pressure and soap,cleaned the blower motor and its fan, fins,cleaned the air vents,cleaned the condenssor in the front with water pressure,compressor belt tightened fixed everything in its places and charged me Rs.1200/-.you can ask me his contact I will give you he is at Mulund.
This Solitair Honda work shop at Andheri are habitual fleecers, I will give you my experience, I got my Accord clutch replaced by them.
First of all they said they dont have thje clutch assembly unit (Part) with them and will get it by next day, next day also they said they havent received it but told me to get the car next day without calling and asking about arrival of the clutch assembly part. Next day when I went to them they told me the part has not yet come ,but they started to open the clutch as they were sure to get it by evening ,in the afternoon they called me saying that the throttle body also neede service, I told them to go ahead and do it.
Next day I went to collect my car and they told me it will take 1 hr more as the throttle body is being serviced,Iwent inside the workshop and I saw that the mechanic who was working on my car ordered for a can to clean the throttle body, which he sprayed for few seconds on the throttle body to clean and kept almost full can in his tool box.
The car got ready and I was charged for the can Rs.300/- I asked the stupid service advisor about my can he said SAAB WOH TOH KHATAM HO GAYEE. I felt like giving the scoundrel a tight one on his face.

Itold him about the mechanics tool box, he went to the mechanic and asked for the can who smiled sheepishly and gave the almost full can to me.

Now came the bill payment I paid it in cash and along with the bill he gave me a slip to be filled about the service I got from them , I told him I am not interested in filling the slip because I will write all abuses in it.This service adviser told me it is compulsary to fill this slip.
Isaid I will speak to the customer care manager,who noted down all my complaints and said he will speak with the management about service adviser behaviour,along with mechanics attitude and come back to me,
it is now 3 months I have to get reply from that JOKER customer care manager.BIG ADVICE DONT DONT EVER GO TO SOLITAIR HONDA ANDHERI WORKSHOP
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 19:39   #26
BHPian

Default 1st Reply from Honda

I have got the first reply from Honda Customer relations Noida stating that they are sorry for the inconvience caused to me and some one from the DEALERSHIP will get in touch with me.

Also they have given me a complaint no. by SMS.

Lets see if a responsible person from dealership calls me.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 10:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got the first reply from Honda Customer relations Noida stating that they are sorry for the inconvience caused to me and some one from the DEALERSHIP will get in touch with me.

Thats a fast response from Honda. Good to hear that atleast Honda is trying to clear up the Mess created by Solitaire.
So whats the latest update ? Did anyone from Solitaire Call you ?
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 10:49   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thats a fast response from Honda. Good to hear that atleast Honda is trying to clear up the Mess created by Solitaire.
So whats the latest update ? Did anyone from Solitaire Call you ?
I'm guessing that the reply was just a formality that Honda follows when someone files a complaint at the customer-relations office. I'm not entirely sure if you'd receive a reply regarding the matter.

If you do, then well and good. But if you don't, I wouldn't be surprised.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 10:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

I really wonder if it was a response at all. I have seen way too many automated email responses for complaints by SMS and email. So, I think as of now just a complaint has been registered and no real response has been provided yet. If it was a genuine real response, its so far so good.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 11:47   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

If my experience (both Honda & Hyundai) is anything to go by, they will forward the complaint to the dealer for comments before proceeding further.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote