Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 17th November 2010, 10:44   #1
BHPian

Default Solitaire Honda (Mumbai) insists on paid AC service at 1000kms for a new Accord

Dear Friends,

I had bought a Honda Accord AT a month back from solitaire Honda Mumbai.

The car was due for 1st service today, when I went to the service center I was shocked to hear from the dealer that for the 1st service the AC needs to be serviced and recharged again. On asking if there is some problem with the AC I was told "No Sir" its company policy to do this during the 1st service. The charges for the same is Rs. 1000/-

I am not convinced that a brand new car which costs 22 lacs on road needs to get the AC recharged in the 1st month it self. Hell even the Alto which costs 10% of Accord doesn't require this.

When I refused to pay for the AC service I was warned that my Warranty will be Void. I asked the service representative to give me the same in writing. But as usual the answer was no sir its against company policy.

I want to ask my fellow BHPians is this true? Has anyone else faced this problem? Has Honda got desperate with NEGATIVE sales growth and resorted to cheating customers to make money?

I was going to buy Skoda but after hearing the horror stories I opted for Accord. The delivery experience of my car was the worst I can have and had to go twice to collect my car! Now at the first service I feel I am being looted.

People out there who think Skoda is bad please experience Honda, the rate at which their standards are falling they will beat Skoda in terms of BAD A.S.S.

I want to complain directly to Honda and I welcome any contact information.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 10:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Very simple. Check you service manual. If its not there and I am sure its not there, you don't need to do it.

Anything else the SA is telling you is nonsense.

Send an email to Honda and inform them.
Also send this link, so they can see the kind of negative publicity such stupid people cause to their brand.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 10:54   #3
BHPian

I am hearing for the first time that a car's AC needs servicing after a months of usage.

Did you check what activities are written on the first service coupon. Usually all the required activities for a service are written behind the coupon. If it is listed there then the dealer is saying the right thing.

Else just call honda customer care and check out why AC servicing is needed when it is not mentioned in the manual. They should be able to help you out.
visu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 10:58   #4
BANNED

Honda's are reliable cars. So this has to be a case of dealer cheating. Even the Goa dealer does this type of things. Brake discs replaced after 15K Kms? I don't think it's required. As for AC, recharging has to be done after 5 years usually. In your case it should be under warranty. Complain to Honda.

The thread title should be
"
Honda Dealer cheating customers and trying to make money the wrong way!"

Last edited by Live To Jive : 17th November 2010 at 11:03.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:01   #5
BHPian

I feel dealer is playing dirty here. But aren't the dealers appointed by Honda? Don't they represent Honda? Shouldn't Honda have control on them? Honda is responsible for their dealers!

I need info on where I can complain to Honda.

Last edited by tazmaan : 17th November 2010 at 11:12.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I feel dealer is playing dirty here. But aren't the dealers appointed by Honda? Don't they represent Honda? Shouldn't Honda have control on them?

I need info on where I can complain to Honda.
Yes dealer is taking you for a ride, if it's not mentioned in the service booklet, Don't pay him at all.
Check the below link to contact Honda
Honda India Com, Honda India Cars, Honda Cars India

Quote:
I am not convinced that a brand new car which costs 22 lacs on road needs to get the AC recharged in the 1st month it self. Hell even the Alto which costs 10% of Accord doesn't require this.
Well a new alto cost above 3.3L as of now, so definetely not 10% of Accord.

OT- Pathetic Honda spares
My silencer was scraping the road humps, went to Whitefiled Honda @ BLR, they told me to replace the Silencer rubber bushes, Replaced them there itself.
After 2 weeks once again silencer started scraping the road humps.
Went to a local garage to verify the issue.
Guess what Honda had put a FORD Rubber bush, which is of low quality and the bush lost it's tension and strated sagging soon.
Find the pic below
Solitaire Honda (Mumbai) insists on paid AC service at 1000kms for a new Accord-rubber.jpg

Whats wrong with Honda ??
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

AC servicing during 1st service is utter nonsense. They are trying to pull a fast one on you. Visit Honda website and their contact details and shoot off a mail to them.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

I am sure the dealer is trying to make a quick buck out of you. I dont think any AC, be it car or a home AC would need any kind of maintenance in a months time. As many suggested please do check the Service Manual and act accordingly. Honda putting a Ford part is ridiculous! How on earth can Honda do this?
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:41   #9
BHPian

This a clear case of cheating by the dealer , AC service is 1st service does not make any logical sense . If it is a serviceable part then the manufacturer will specify the details on the backside of the service coupon. More over since the dealer is not ready to give anything in writing citing company policy confirms there dubious intent.

Write to Honda directly and report this incidence, such dealers should be taken to task. Owners manual should have the email id of the concerned.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:44   #10
BHPian

I had called the 1800 number for customer service but was told to email on the following address customer_relations@hondacarindia.com.

Now with this being a general email I asked for a personal email for someone responsible to address my issue. But I was told this is the only email and this is the only option I have.

I have emailed on this address lets see what Honda does next and in how much time. I guess wait and watch, till then if any of you have faced this issue before let me know how you have tackled it or do as my friend did its only 1000 bucks man pay it!!
Old 17th November 2010, 11:45   #11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Please add the name of the Honda Dealer to the thread title.
BaldOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:46   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I had bought a Honda Accord AT a month back from solitaire Honda Mumbai.

The car was due for 1st service today, when I went to the service center I was shocked to hear from the dealer that for the 1st service the AC needs to be serviced and recharged again. On asking if there is some problem with the AC I was told "No Sir" its company policy to do this during the 1st service. The charges for the same is Rs. 1000/-
Honda cannot charge you for any kind of replacement within the warranty period. So they cannot charge you for the AC recharging or whatever. And they're saying that your warranty will be void if you don't do the necessary changes/payments?! This is absolute nonsense! Don't buy a single word of this, please!

And a word of advise. Make a note of the SA's name and designation at the service centre. Jot down the things that he's telling you and shoot a mail to the head honchos at Honda India; with this thread attached to the mail. Make sure that your service manual and other documents are at hand always; and make copies of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post

OT- Pathetic Honda spares
My silencer was scraping the road humps, went to Whitefiled Honda @ BLR, they told me to replace the Silencer rubber bushes, Replaced them there itself.
After 2 weeks once again silencer started scraping the road humps.
Went to a local garage to verify the issue.
Guess what Honda had put a FORD Rubber bush, which is of low quality and the bush lost it's tension and strated sagging soon.
Find the pic below
Attachment 454771

Whats wrong with Honda ??

I'm not able to digest this! Original Honda parts substituted by Ford parts? This is bad.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be another 'Harishv - Skoda' incident!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Honda needs to tighten the reigns on the Service Centers..

Good reputation take years to build and minutes to loose...

Last edited by AbhiJ : 17th November 2010 at 11:48.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:50   #14
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread has moved to right section.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 12:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Honda putting a Ford part is ridiculous! How on earth can Honda do this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm not able to digest this! Original Honda parts substituted by Ford parts? This is bad.
I dont think so. I guess some parts(plastic and rubber) are manufactured by various manufacturers and supplied to different clients.

There are several parts manufactured by ford in my 2003 mahindra scorpio. Few such parts are speedometer lighting console, power window switchs, cabin lamp assembly etc.

Infact the power window switches found in my brother's ikon tdci is similar to that in my scorpio.
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote