Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd January 2011, 10:15   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Booking of Manza and VIN issue

Hello good morning and HAPPy NEW YEAR
As mentioned earlier (on 31 Dec) I cancelled the booking for old car (July manufactured) in the morning. By evening (on 31 Dec) Dealer alloted me new car (they say it is December 2010 make). The VIN for new car is, MAT613281ALP****. I have asked wildon to decode this for me (since for TATA car for december the code mentioned everywhere is 'M' and not 'P'). However thanks to Pandit people that they could change it (the car) very fast since if they alloted me the car on 1st January instead of 31st then I was not able to avail the TATA offer (Rs.10000/-discount).
enthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Enthu,

Good to hear that. Usual tactics at Pandit. Its funny how they still deploy them to pressurize customers. I don't know how they can hope that we will never think why a single car with our specifications is not rolling out of the production line for so many days...

Interesting just a cancellation can change things so much. IMO, don't be too burdened feeling they have done a favour to you. The new car was always there and they had to allocate it to you fast as otherwise they'd lose their customer and margins. If you happen to visit the Pandit stock-yard, you'd be shocked to see the number of Manzas with your required specs there.

I can imagine and understand that they have to sell those older cars some way or the other. Nothing wrong in it. But the way they are trying it is foolish. Better give some more discounts on them, cut back on your margins a bit and sell them off without cheating the customer.

Strange VIN. Let's wait for Wildon's reply. I'm keen to see that too!

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd January 2011 at 12:52. Reason: typo.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Enthu, thanks to this community you were able to make an informed choice.
Manza is a pretty fast moving car, I cannot believe it was lying in the dealer's stockyard for no apparent reason. An acquaintance of mine had a similar experience while trying to buy the new dual tone interior Vista Aura QJD from Pandit. A bit of threatening ensured that he got a new Vista. This happened last month.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:01   #19
BHPian

@Reinhard,
Wildon says that 'P' may stand for December 2010 manufactured car since other user (sheelz) purchased Safari in November and in his VIN alphabet 'N' has been used. This gives impression that 'P' stands for December. Anyways I have asked Pandit to provide me copy of form-22 which will clearify all the doubts.

@sajo,
Thanks for sharing an experience. Customer should be always alert while going for any purchase (for that matter) and we are really thankful to members of Team-BHP forum who help each other.

Last edited by enthu : 3rd January 2011 at 15:06.
enthu is offline   Reply With Quote