Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd January 2011, 18:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Wheels World Gurgaon

This is one of the most unprofessional & pathetic tyre stores. They do everything wrong from selling "imported tyres" under warranty, to using bad outdated tyre changers (thereby damaging alloys & tyre beading)

I recently got my Octavia tyres changed from them. They took about 5 hours (no exaggeration) to dismount the old tyres & fit the new tyres. In the process damaging one alloy & one new tyre's beading.

Then they totally deny that it is there fault that the damage happened.

More later. One word STAY AWAY
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 20:28   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Wheels World Gurgaon

Wheels world eh? Where is this setup? Old-delhi road? 5 hours for an Octy's tyre change is outrageous. Had my Octy's footwear changed last year from Turanzas to Yokos. Job done in 45 mins flat in Delhi. Somehow none of the dealers in Gurgaon looked convincing and henceopted for Delhi.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 20:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Somehow none of the dealers in Gurgaon looked convincing and henceopted for Delhi.
+1. I have been to many shops in Gurgaon and all of them looked to be dealing with the customers the way they were dealing during old Gurgaon Days.
This is why I prefer to come to Delhi for all the jobs.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 20:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well the Wheels World fellow is from Karol Bagh originally (so he says). It is just that here in Gurgaon they think, it is either the well heeled (who in their opinion know nothing about cars / tyres & such "trivial things") or there is the local community with whom they deal with great "respect" or else there is the Chinese tyre market of the taxi drivers.

This guy was a little taken aback as I pointed his mistake out, ofcourse he was most interested to have me seated inside the shop & have tea etc...

In stark contrast is STAR WHEELS at Atul Kataria Chowk, Sector 14, Gurgaon. Mr. Deepak is a thorough gentleman & is knowledgeable & polite. Has an excellent set up. How I wish I had gone there in the first place. So now I only deal with STAR WHEELS for my requirements. This gentleman & his setup is HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 17:03   #5
BHPian

I went to Star wheels today for alignment. Deepak wasn't to be seen, probably busy with another customer who'd come to buy tyres.

I had never seen anyone use a thread but that's what they did. Two laser sensors and thread to measure alignment with rear tyre. Is this the thread method ? Maybe their machine wasn't working perfectly or it was their bad day but I wasn't very impressed.
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
In stark contrast is STAR WHEELS at Atul Kataria Chowk, Sector 14, Gurgaon. Mr. Deepak is a thorough gentleman & is knowledgeable & polite. Has an excellent set up. So now I only deal with STAR WHEELS for my requirements. This gentleman & his setup is HIGHLY RECOMENDED.Cheers
+1 to that. Thank you for the recommendation. There were issues in 2 of my tyres in my Verna and went straight to the shop i.e. Star Wheels. Mr. Deepak was nowhere to be seen, but I met someone named Rakesh. The very mention of Team-BHP was enough! I was allowed to choose what I wished, examine the compound, look at the tread pattern, given a rate card and everything possible under the sun. No effort made to upsell, allowing the customer (me) to choose as per my requirements. No unnecessary sales pitch unless they were asked for advice. Took the OEM 195/55/16 B250 Bridgestones and replaced the two which were damaged. Wheel balancing and alignment and nitrogen fill up and weights which were added was all done complimentary. The shop is fairly huge and they are now authorized dealers of the Momo brand as well. They stock Yoko's, Apollo, Bridgestone, Pirelli and a lot of other high end stuff as well. The entire exercise for removing the tyres, replacing them, doing the wheel balancing and alignment took all of 15 minutes. I took the luxury of browsing through the shop and their rate card for 45 minutes and was never once pressured to make a decision! Credit card / debit card usage will cost 1.7%. Typical tubeless tyres are in the range of ~ 7000/-. I paid 7200/- per tire for the Bridgestone's which I bought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I had never seen anyone use a thread but that's what they did. Two laser sensors and thread to measure alignment with rear tyre. Is this the thread method ? Maybe their machine wasn't working perfectly or it was their bad day but I wasn't very impressed.
I guess the machine was out of order, cos in my case, it was done on the machine.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd September 2015 at 10:36. Reason: Merged
TheBigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 20:48   #7
BHPian

I highly recommend Star Wheels. Visited them last week to get my Polo wheels upsized to Yoko. Mr. Deepak is a gentleman, a thorough professional. There was no hard selling. He offered to affix one tyre first helping me decide. Upsize was done in 30 minutes flat, workers are extremely professional, their tools are slick. They filled Nitrogen air in the tyres for free.

I have tried 3 tyre dealers in Gurgaon over the last 1 month including Wheels World. Star and Mr. Deepak are the only ones to whom I will go back to.
ipsanand is offline   Reply With Quote