Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 24th January 2011, 12:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Awful experience at Chennai Ford

Is Ford starting to dig its own grave after the success of Figo?

My friend's experience with Chennai Ford when he had taken his car for a scheduled service.

Vehicle Info:
Ford Ikon (TN01X8331)

Quoted as written in the mail to Ford Customer Care!

Quote:
This write up is to share the horrendous and pathetic experience that one would expect from FORD INDIA, Chennai service center in Arumbakkam. I had taken my vehicle for fixing oil leakage issue and for general servicing. Later I received a call from the service center stating that the entire tool kit has to be changed and the bill would be priced for about INR 10k. After a day, I was told to pick the car from the service center stating that the vehicle has been serviced. Since I was at work, I requested them that I would take my car from the service center next day for which they told they would charge me an additional charges (INR250) for parking the vehicle in the campus. I agreed for the same also.

The next day I went to the service center and verified the vehicle myself. I found that neither the oil kit was changed nor the servicing was done. When inquired with the service staff over there pointed me towards another person (Mr.Babu) who I believe was the supervisor. The gentleman very diligently said may be a fault will verify and took the vehicle inside to the garage and returned back in half hour time. This time the entire tool kit was modified but the servicing of the vehicle was never done.

When asked if the work was not completed and if the car is not even serviced why I was told the work is completed and the charges were levied to me for a day's parking here? The gentleman ferociously responded "IF YOU WANT TO SERVICE YOUR CAR BRING IT HERE, ELSE THERE ARE PLACES WHERE THEY DO SERVICES BETTER AND TAKE YOUR CAR OVER THERE". After a heated up argument they agreed to do the service for which I was charged and which was not FREE. I also had issues with the key of car which was not functioning properly the guys in the service center replied stating "WE DO NOT SERVICE EXTERNAL PARTS" here and neither we know who does.

Finally, the bill came for only INR 5K which I was told would be INR 10k. The question here is FORD INDIA not bothered about customers? When the vehicle was to be serviced in about a hours time why take the car in to the garage for 3 days in the first case? Why state servicing is done when it was not even attended by the service personnel’s? Why should someone charge for parking when the vehicle is sent for servicing? if they cannot service for the keys of the car then who will? a local guy who creates duplicate keys is it? Why should FORD INDIA have a service center which does not want to help its customer and if they are not bothered? Isn't it a practice to do a water service if the car has been sent for general servicing? Is this the normal manner FORD INDIA service centers functions?

I think this is a major reason why other international brands are growing in the market today. As the brands who have established themselves are not bothered in providing customers service for which they are billed but yet they are treated callously manner.

Final words a service center should delight a customer for the services provided but here it was just AWFUL.

Regards,
Anand Kumar R
This is just one half of the experience. I will soon share a detailed report on my experience with Chennai Ford and the attitude of a few SAs who are making the experience totally awful!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 12:31   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Awful experience at Chennai Ford

Ford India is to be blamed for this. Why?
In a city which probably buys the maximum number of Ford cars,
they have allowed a dealer monopoly by allowing just 2 firms to have multiple service centres, showrooms.
Unless they follow strict practices like Maruti and discourage dealer monopoly i don't think the situation will improve.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 12:45   #3
BHPian

Sorry to hear this attitude continues. I have long moved away from Chennai and MPL ford. I go there if it is an absolute must with spare parts not available anywhere! Did your friend try to write to the email IDs listed in Welcome to CHENNAI FORD .com ? Also, submit this as a feedback in their site : Welcome to CHENNAI FORD .com
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 12:53   #4
BHPian

Really sad to see such a response from ford service, especially in chennai where they have a production unit!

Has ford india responded with a proper explanation to the mail yet?
or was it the standard "we have noted your query, we will get in touch with the dealer"?
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 17:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Really surprised and shocked at the behaviour. My freinds here in Pune are very happy with the service provided for their Fiesta. Might be an issue with that particular service centre in Chennai.

Do update the post with the response received from FORD India (if it is received). That would be an interesting read.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 18:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Awful experience at Chennai Ford

My experince with the Ford dealer in Thane is somewhat mixed. Could not argue much with them coz their usual rant was "We are new dealer".
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 14:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

The experience at Chennai Ford, Arumbakkam is usually bad because of the workforce there. The workshop is usually filled with cars because of its prime location in the city. It doesnt matter however rude they behave, they are sure to get more cars coming to their workshop.

To be more precise about my experience, my Fiesta's brakes had an issue and my vehicle was towed on a flat bed truck to the Chennai Ford dealership. The car was then released from the tow truck outside the Chennai Ford gate and my vehicle was pushed by the driver from the tow vehicle to the Chennai Ford gate, but the way was blocked by a Fiesta which was actually blocking the complete entrance. It was a gentleman, who was a Senior SA (not sure of his name) sitting inside the car waiting for someone. He was blocking the complete way to go inside the workshop or the sales counter and there were few more cars which started to line up outside the main road creating a bottleneck in the already narrow road.

I asked this SA, to give space for the vehicles to come in as he is blocking the way and also creating a bottleneck on the main road. His response was "He knows where to park cars in the dealership, if there is a traffic block on the road, its not his business and there are cops to take care of that". There was another person who came along with me who wanted to ask this stupid to move his car, both of us were shocked by his response. This stupid continued to wait there for a few more minutes with the AC on that car. I was already pissed with my car being towed on my way to work in the morning and I dint want to get into any heated discussions again with a irresponsible moron and spoil my mood further.

Now, I would be really interested to see how Ford reacts to issues like this. Ford should have more control over its dealerships, they are the people who represent a company like Ford. A bad experience at Chennai Ford/MPL Ford or any dealership simply means a bad experience with Ford. A customer/potential customer lost because of a moron who represents Ford.

Btw, the usual template response from Ford's Write2MD page for my friend's email!

Quote:
Dear Elizabeth,

Greetings.
Vehicle Reg. no would be TN.01.X.8331 under my sister's name "XXXXX".

I also do not want a situation where my sister or my family member visits the service center and face some issues after this. Especially the way you guys have been treating us. You may be sound too polite and gentle in your mailers but never when it comes to your service center staff. They are always rude and treat us inhumanly manner.

Hope this changes in the coming days.

Regards,
Anand Kumar R

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:28 AM, President's desk, From (.) <write2md@ford.com> wrote:
Dear Mr.Anand Kumar R,

Thank you for contacting Ford India.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. We have noted down the contents of your mail.

We kindly request you to provide your vehicle Reg. No or VIN No. / Contact No. / Vehicle Model for us to support you further.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks & Regards,
Elizabeth
Customer Relations
Ford India Pvt Ltd.
Old 25th January 2011, 15:43   #8
BHPian

You are doing the right thing. I insist that you should take it up seriously with Ford instead of the dealership.

Dealerships start taking their customers for granted. I've already mentioned in my post about Dakshin Honda dealership in Bangalore. Would like to mention is again here.

These managers and employee at dealership will move to other companies tomorrow. Hence they may not care about loosing few customers. But who is the looser here? It's the dealership and the customer. Dealership will loose a faithful customer and customer's will loose a good dealership.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hin-honda.html (Bad experience with Dakshin Honda)
arunksaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 21:18   #9
BHPian

This is not something new with Chennai Ford, they are known to provide awful experience for many of their customers, after all Chennai Ford is part of VST group which provides a similar experience to TATA customers.

Do take this up with FORD on a serious note and do not leave them until you see some actions around it.

Last edited by camchennai : 25th January 2011 at 21:19. Reason: Adding punctuation
camchennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 08:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anachronix - Any further response from Ford on this complaint?
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 09:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Is Ford starting to dig its own grave after the success of Figo?

My friend's experience with Chennai Ford when he had taken his car for a scheduled service.

Vehicle Info:
Ford Ikon (TN01X8331)
Consider the registration in the series, "TN01X", I assume the car has long been out of Warranty, so I suggest he get it serviced outside. My dad made the mistake of servicing our decade old M800 only at Maruti Dealers, and we've lost lots of money, and were dissatisfied with the service. We're planning to get it serviced at Bosch, Castrol or some other such place next. BTW, you should have given a mouthful to the SE in the Fiesta.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 11:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Last series of emails received from Ford India. However, Ford has not explained about the actions taken! My friend has decided to take the car to an independent garage from now on.

End of the day, another unhappy customer from Chennai Ford!

Quote:
Date: Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Subject: Reply From Ford India - 10132508
To: rrocker1405@gmail.com

Dear Mr.Anand Kumar R,

This is subsequent to our earlier mail & telecom we had with Mrs.Sangeetha Rajan regarding your vehicle bearing registration number TN01X8331

We apologise on behalf of our dealership for lapses if any. We wish to inform you that our service team along with our regional office has taken up this issue with our dealership on a serious note.Feedback such as yours allows us to examine our practices and policies to ensure that we meet or exceed the expectations of our customers in the future. We regret that you have not had a favourable experience, and appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

Please feel free to contact us for any other assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
Ganeshram
Customer Relations
Ford India Pvt Ltd

From: Elizabeth, Sagayamary (D.) On Behalf Of President's desk, From (.)
Sent: 25 January 2011 14:40
To: 'rrocker1405@gmail.com'
Subject: Reply From Ford India - 10132508

Dear Mr.Anand Kumar R,

Thank you for contacting Ford India. We are in receipt of your mail addressed to our Managing Director regarding your vehicle bearing the registration number TN01X8331. We have noted down the contents of your mail and have taken up the issue with the dealership concerned.

We would revert back to you after we receive relevant information from our dealership. Your concern number is 10132508

Thanks & Regards,
Elizabeth
Customer Relations
Ford India Pvt Ltd.
Old 4th February 2011, 11:57   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Last series of emails received from Ford India. However, Ford has not explained about the actions taken! My friend has decided to take the car to an independent garage from now on.

End of the day, another unhappy customer from Chennai Ford!
When will Ford learn . BTW, i get my car services at Raghav's garage your friend can try there.
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 12:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

^^ It will be Ignite for sure if its an independent garage!
Old 19th February 2011, 17:30   #15
BHPian

I think CHENNAI FORD and the service engineers are pathetic. Here is an incident the reinforces the same .... "One fine day the engine warning lamp had come on and the vehicle went to safe mode. After turning of and then switching on the vehicle the issue stopped. I took the vehicle immediately to the Arumbakkam service centre and informed one service engineer...but again i was shocked (though not surprised this time) that i could not leave the vehicle for service as i did not have an appointment. I explained that the warning light did not come on with an appointment so the engineer asked me to take the vehicle to the Ambattur service centre instead in spite of knowing the criticality of the issue. But this was the final blow and i decided that i would not step into this ford dealership.."

This is a part of the letter that i have shot off to FORD INDIA..and still waiting for the reply...
hothatch is offline   Reply With Quote