Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 15th February 2011, 15:31   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

Sorry to hear about your experience HMK. If I were you, I'd stick to Chowgule / Sai Service for a Maruti. Do write your experience in written to Pune mirror. They are always interested in such news.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 15:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

Total foul play!
I feel that this car was ordered for someone else. They have rejected it and now they are trying to palm it off to you.
Good thing that you are getting your money back.
Book from a more reliable dealer like sai service or chowgule.
Good luck at the new dealer.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 16:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this HMK.

MyCar has so lost a customer (you) and probably 10 through word of mouth.

I would suggest that you stick to Sai Service / Choughule for MS cars. They have been around in Pune for ages and both have been good till now.

As far as writing a letter to MUL, please do so and make clear in stern words that, if no action is taken, this might be leaked to the media. You could address it to the Marketing Head and send it to the following address. (Got it from Google). Its their head office in Delhi.

Addresses Head Office
Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi-110070
Board no.46781000
Fax : 46150275 and 46150276
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 23:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sorry to hear about this HMK.

MyCar has so lost a customer (you) and probably 10 through word of mouth.

I would suggest that you stick to Sai Service / Choughule for MS cars. They have been around in Pune for ages and both have been good till now.

As far as writing a letter to MUL, please do so and make clear in stern words that, if no action is taken, this might be leaked to the media. You could address it to the Marketing Head and send it to the following address. (Got it from Google). Its their head office in Delhi.

Addresses Head Office
Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi-110070
Board no.46781000
Fax : 46150275 and 46150276
Thanks a lot for looking up this info, Swanand .. I went to the Maruti Suzuki website and found a page with the contact details of all regional offices -
Contact Us

I will be sending a written complaint (a link to this thread) to the Pune regional office sometime this week. I'll keep everyone here posted on the progress of this escalation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience HMK. If I were you, I'd stick to Chowgule / Sai Service for a Maruti. Do write your experience in written to Pune mirror. They are always interested in such news.
That's not a bad idea either .. Thanks moral.
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 00:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Fairly common experience that happens in almost all dealerships. (Unfortunately). Most buyers arent as informed and discerning, thats all.

Trying to pass it off as a new car, one which has been used as TD/Display/both vehicle. Where they erred I think is in informing the OP that this was a vehicle previously ordered for some other person/purpose, but not able to deliver for some reason and would he like to have it for a delicious discount.
Also, the OP mentioned it had MH14 plates on it, which clearly would have made him the second owner , even if the first one was the dealer himself.

I can vouch for Chowgule, their service is top notch, and they do have a pretty big inventory of vehicles. Found Sai on JM road to be indifferent.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 09:46   #36
Team-BHP Support

@etchemkay- I wouldn't advise the media route because frankly you *didn't* get swindled. But MSIL should definitely know about this, and they will be more sympathetic to your cause if you didn't go around bandying their name about in public. Get what I'm saying? Send in a nicely worded yet firm complaint to MSIL higher-ups and wait for their response. Maybe an apology is the best they can do, but if te dealer knows that consumer complaints are taken seriosuly, it may stop him from pulling this kind of stunt in future.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 12:28   #37
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

Complaining to the higher ups at Maruti should ensure that the dealer will not try this stunt in the near future. Companies try to be as customer friendly as possible but often their intentions fall apart at the last mile. I am pretty sure Maruti will take this seriously.

Just yesterday a Fiat dealership tried to dump a year old Punto on me by saying it was a 2 month old car because there was a delay in getting the 2011 Punto variant I had booked. I have taken it up with their ASM and complained to their customer care representatives. Will be sending out an email today.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 12:50   #38
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

This is no surprise. the owner of the MyCar is having strong political connections. And it is very common at MyCar.
wartikars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 15:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
This is no surprise. the owner of the MyCar is having strong political connections. And it is very common at MyCar.
That may be the case but I think one can always contact Maruti and register the compliant. They can cancel the dealership as their brand value is at threat here.

P.S: IMO, Its not so difficult to have political connection, you show them the money, they will do what you want.

@etchemkay: If you need email id/ details of Maruti customer team, please let me know. I shall ping you the same, one of my friend used to work in the CRM team of Maruti.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 17:34   #40
BHPian

Add another one to the list !!

You are not the first and won't be the last who MyCar has tried to cheat. MyCar will NEVER improve. Drop the dealer and go to Sai or Chowgule (not that they are completely clean either but if MyCar is a robber : Sai & Chowgule are pick pocketers)

There are numerous people in my office who were cheated by MyCar. Since my office is close the showroom : most of my colleagues went to MyCar and their buying experience turned out to be a disaster.

His favourite trick is to throw in number of freebies/accessories and promise early delivery. That is where most customers are foxed.

Dump him and move on.

OT :
Quote:
The other ZXi car (with DDiS badge, body kit and MH-14 registration) was nowhere to be found.
A ZXi cannot come with a DDiS badge. Seems to be some disconnect / typo there.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 01:05   #41
BHPian

There is no DDiS SX4. i.e SX4 in diesel avatar.
All the best for your experience with new Maruti dealers. Hopefully you will have a pleasant experience with them.
I had taken my swift to mycar when i was in Pune. My left left halogen bulb was not working. Since I was close by, and had a long travel planned, I went to this showroom. They looked at it, and said the bulb needs to be replaced. And then they even replaced it. However, I was close to my vehicle, when I saw the disposed bulb, and it was in excellent condition. I picked it up and said, there must be problem with wiring and not the bulb. Finally they then put the bulb back without much fuss and fixed the wiring. Luckily they did not charge me for such small issue.
But thankfully that was the first and last time I had visited their showroom especially after listening to your story. During the couple of months I had my swift in Pune, I used to take to the service center in Kondhwa where I had quite a good experience although my interaction with them was limited.

Again, congrats for your future purchase and wish you many happy miles with your beauty.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 18th February 2011 at 01:06.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 09:34   #42
BHPian

Knowing the way Maruti dealers operate, I am sure the car (with body kit) was suppose to be a demo car (All SX4 demo cars i have seen in Kerala has body kit) and probably registered in My Car's name. But when you enquired about the particular color they might have tried to cancel the registration stating wrong chassis no: or something (or contacts)

I have done this personally for a Zen Estilo in Wadakanchery, Kerala where the chassis no: was typed mistakenly in the RTO form & we received the Regn card with wrong chassis no:

All documents including outpass from factory etc + a small gift to *MV* resulted in the regn being cancelled & re-allotted with the new no:

The insurance was done at the dealer's end and it helped a lot to simplify the process.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER, IN ANY CASE.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 17:07   #43

I went through a similar experience while buying by RS in 2005 from Skoda Autobahn in Mumbai. I had to fight with the Manager and then with Skoda in Aurangabad to get a new car delivered after a month directly to be picked up from the stockyard. All these dealers are con jobs and think they can get away with anything. I had almost taken delivery of the demo car when i realized the vin number was the same as the one i had seen in the showroom a few days ago.
sam5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 17:20   #44
BHPian

@etchemkay I had a similar experience with mycar when i booked my wagon r vxi through them in sept 2007. At that time immobilizer had started coming in all the models of maruti and I had opted for that. my car delivered me the car within 2 weeks after all the loan formalities. I am very particular about car features and was quite curious about what an immobilizer does? So i called up Maruti helpline to know more. They told me that when you start your car there is a yellow light which should glow(besides odometer) in case the car is fitted with immobilizer(not sure if this works now in newer models). I went to try that and no yellow light came on. Then i called up Maruti again to confirm. They asked me my chassis number and next day sent a representative from the regional office to inspect. He said my car didn't have that immobilizer and he confirmed that my car sold me an older make.

Along with him I went to My Car to clarify this. Seeing the maruti representative the sales rep and his manager were sweating already. The representative straightaway told them to take the car back. Their team lead said its already registered and started arguing . I told him I care a damn. Ill go to media if you don't. He started offering me freebies but I sticked to my decision of giving it back. In the end he had to take it back and bear all the losses. Gave me a new car again in 3 weeks time.

BTW the representative was non other than the regional head of maruti . I came to know about it later.

So call the maruti helpline and register your complaint they will surely help. Do call them as this will prevent my car to dupe other customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Thanks a lot for looking up this info, Swanand .. I went to the Maruti Suzuki website and found a page with the contact details of all regional offices -
Contact Us

I will be sending a written complaint (a link to this thread) to the Pune regional office sometime this week. I'll keep everyone here posted on the progress of this escalation.

That's not a bad idea either .. Thanks moral.
footloose15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 18:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Add another one to the list !!

OT :

A ZXi cannot come with a DDiS badge. Seems to be some disconnect / typo there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
There is no DDiS SX4. i.e SX4 in diesel avatar.
Trust me guys, I know what I saw (wish I had taken photographs) .. it was definitely a petrol ZXi, albeit with DDiS badging. It may have been a manufacturing/assembly defect or something else, but that's what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
@etchemkay: If you need email id/ details of Maruti customer team, please let me know. I shall ping you the same, one of my friend used to work in the CRM team of Maruti.
Thanks. Have PMed you ..

Thanks everyone for adding all your bad experiences inside this thread. I will be pointing to this thread in the communication I do with Maruti folks and looking at these example may evoke stricter action against MyCar, as they duly deserve.

Last edited by etchemkay : 18th February 2011 at 18:12.
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote