Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 18th February 2011, 20:16   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

Mercedes was sued for it. was in the papers few days back. they had to reimburse a few lacks tot he aggrieved customer. heard similar cases with Skoda too.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 22:29   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

I Dont understand how could they think of palming off a Diesel to you when you ordered for a Petrol?
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 11:18   #48
BHPian

I agree with you partially. Only if the seller is not a person with political connection, may be Maruti will act. One of my friend who was unhappy with one of the Car Showroom, he told the manager about his unsatisfaction. But the manager suprisingly after a heated debate told my friend to complain anywhere he wants to and the manager also added that he can give my friend even the customer care contacts. This happens only in India. We customers are least disorganised.

You need to have either or all .... money, power or contacts with powerful people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
That may be the case but I think one can always contact Maruti and register the compliant. They can cancel the dealership as their brand value is at threat here.

P.S: IMO, Its not so difficult to have political connection, you show them the money, they will do what you want.

@etchemkay: If you need email id/ details of Maruti customer team, please let me know. I shall ping you the same, one of my friend used to work in the CRM team of Maruti.
wartikars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:58   #49
BHPian

Hmm looks like MyCar will never improve. They have a great location and captive customers from Hinjewadi so they have no incentive to.

I have gone there twice - once when buying a ritz for my dad (we finally went with Sai Service) and then when buying for myself (went with Wonder Cars)

The attitude of the sales rep was the worst I have ever seen in any Maruti Showroom. They werent even interested in talking to the prospective customers let alone offer test drives.

etchemkay, advise you to try Wonder Cars in Pimpri - I had booked my Sx4 ZXi over there and had a pleasant experience. The sales rep kept all his promises and went out of the way to be extra helpful.

PM me and I can give you contact details of the sales rep if you are interested.
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

They do not have any incentive to change. They get a HUGE bunch of orders by just putting a desk inside large campuses of Wipro/Infy et el.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 21:58   #51
BHPian

Have had a similar expereince with Perfect Motors, but it took us nearly 2 and half years to find out. We bought a Sliver Swift ZXi from Perfect Motors, Junagadh in January 2007 after selling off our Accent GLX. We were in a hurry ro buy the car as the Accent deal had already come through. The sales rep and his team first said its difficult to get the color but then said they have one in stock. It didnt take long for the loan to come through, it was arranged through the dealer, and on the D-day we reached the showroom at the appointed time 5pm. To our horror the car was still jacked up in a very shabby condition. WE got a little suspicious but then brushed it aside. Finally the Show room manager(If i remember correctly his name was Amit Goswami), came out with the keys at 7 to show us the features. He turned on the ignition, and tried to switch on the A.C, but it just wouldnt turn on, even the headlights had problem. He apologised for the inconvenience and said the vehicle will be delivered the next day at our residence(Perfect Motors, Junagadh is located about 100kms from my town, Veraval).

The next day, the car was delivered to us in the evening in a very dirty conditon which was pointed out to the manager later. WHen we washed the car the next day we spotted two prominent rust spots on the vehicle on the driver's door. I called up the manager and gave him a piece of my mind and asked him to come down to check the car personally. But when the payment is already made and the customer says replace, the dealer says repair. We really didnt have the time to pursue this issue so we decided to let go of the issue and do with the repair.

If you think this was the tip of the iceberg, read this: When we wanted to sell the car, we came to know the car was a June 2006 make and for this reason the True Value dealership offered us nearly Rs. 50K less than the 2007 model. It was at this point that we understood we had been duped. Later on the story unfolded that this car had been lying at their warehouse as a damaged piece, the roof had been severely damaged in a warehouse accident.

I think this is typical to all dealers located in small towns. etchemkay write to all Maruti personnel concerned, the RO, the CC and keep this thread updated
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:06   #52
BHPian

Maruti will definitely take action against the erring personnel. in my case when this issue was raised with the RO, 3 peopl, one from the dealership in Junagadh, one form Rajkot and one person form the Ahmedabad showed up at my residence not once but twice apologising profusely. At that point the Swift DZire had a waiting of almost 2 months, the person offerd us the top end variant of the vehicle with immediate delivery with acolor of our choice. He had instructions from Maruti Suzuki motors to do everything to retain the customer but we had already zeroed in on the Hyundai i-20, (which is another story in itself, if interetsed you can look for Hyundai i-20: one year of rattled up ownership).

the point is if Maruti can do so much for a small town customer like me, it will definitely go miles ahead for a bigger place like Wakad
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
Have had a similar expereince with Perfect Motors, but it took us nearly 2 and half years to find out. We bought a Sliver Swift ZXi from Perfect Motors, Junagadh in January 2007 after selling off our Accent GLX.
And despite this you bought an i20? or was it from some other dealer in Junagadh, I dont remember. It does like you ar ehaving a rough time with Hyundai
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:33   #54
Team-BHP Support

^^ I think you're confusing him with skanchan95!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ I think you're confusing him with skanchan95!

skanchan95 is my brother
Old 26th February 2011, 13:43   #56
BHPian

Sad, sad experience. Few Dealerships never improve. I also went to My Car before buying my i10. They were just not bothered about the customer. The receptionist would call Sales Executives one by one and they simply refused to attend us.

I myself took a look at Ritz found it OK. Then went to Garve Hyundai and WOW the experience was superb, paid Rs. 50,000 and booked i10 Sports. Till date it has been a breeze dealing with them. I have decided not to move away from Hyundai, will just upgrade! So Verna is next!
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 10:11   #57
BHPian

@etchemkay,

Its sad to read about your experience with Maruti Dealearship for buying a SX4.

But let me assure you one thing based on my experience with Maruti dealership and Maruti directly.

Any issue you raise with Maruti about the dealership will be promptly taken care of. You sometimes wont get any call from Maruti directly, but when you see the dealership consistently following up with you about the issue, remember that its something got to do with the complaint you raised with Maruit Directly. The pictures that you have taken just take a print of them and post it to Maruit Gurgaon. They immediately take the dealership for a ride once they receive your detail letter with the pictures.

Maruti really doesnt care about the dealership but cares for the customer. However there are different ratings they have for the dealership. I just know one of them which is "Platinum" and that comes to a dealer who is really big at sales. And Maruti wont try to pester much to such a big dealer but would help you resolve your issue that you have raised.

Another peace of advise. Please do not mention much(or anything) about the issue you have with the first dealership with another dealer where you are buying your car from. These guys dont like educated customers like us and try to be at minimal with us if they come to know any such thing about the issue. I know I might sound a bit conservative here but then its my thought and please take it as a pinch of salt.

These dealer share a common office somewhere in Pune where all the customer care heads from respective Maruti dealerships come and discuss things. However dont know much about it. This all is my personal experience based on the issue I had experienced.

Now that you are searching for a new dealer, you might want some one in your Octroi boundary. I think Wakad comes under PCMC and its MH14 which will save you a lot of money if your vehicle registration is done in PCMC RTO. I think you would save anywhere between 8-12k.

Friends,

Who have recommended a few dealerships, have not had a mention of any from PCMC area, which apparantly would be nearer to etchemkay's location and would save him a few mullah in RTO registration of MH14 then of MH12.

Are good dealers only in Pune ?

Any reason guys ?

Note - The rating "Platinum" and the comman office shared by all the Maruti dealerships that I mentioned is not an affirmative info. I may be wrong. If anyone knows about it please share this information.

Last edited by tush : 27th February 2011 at 10:37.
tush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 12:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

@tush not to familiar with any of the dealers in pcmc, hence was not able to recommend any from that side. Ofcourse there are good dealers in pcmc area too. I bought my daewoo matiz from a showroom in pcmc. Also i service my civic from honda in pimpri even though the other workshop would be closer for me. Infact the service is so good at honda pimpri that i had even mentioned it on the honda maintainence thread. So definately there will be good dealers in pcmc.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 16:16   #59
BANNED

I went through this thread a few days back and it was really sad to hear about how a reputed automobile company can cheat their customers in such a way.
Anyways, my uncle in pune wanted to check out the kizashi and the grand vitara and he inquired about the same from many dealers. he was inclined towards Mycar as this dealership was offering some additional discounts. but then i instantly showed him this thread and how they tried to cheat their own customers.

He instantly changed his mind and dropped the idea of booking any car from this particular dealership. he ended up buying the cruze but that's a different story altogether.

This shows how team bhp can help members and others as well.
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 20:13   #60
DNM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
I went through this thread a few days back and it was really sad to hear about how a reputed automobile company can cheat their customers in such a way.
Anyways, my uncle in pune wanted to check out the kizashi and the grand vitara and he inquired about the same from many dealers. he was inclined towards Mycar as this dealership was offering some additional discounts. but then i instantly showed him this thread and how they tried to cheat their own customers.

He instantly changed his mind and dropped the idea of booking any car from this particular dealership. he ended up buying the cruze but that's a different story altogether.

This shows how team bhp can help members and others as well.
Very well said DMehta!!
I agree that Team BHP is truly one site that helps members know the truth in the car world..
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote