Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st March 2011, 21:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

Hi, You guys may be having BAD experience with Maruti Dealers, but my experience is WORST one with the MARUTI themselves.

Since yesterday I am trying to contact someone in the Maruti Udyog Regional Office at Bandra Kurla Complex, who can guide me in detecting the car I have booked with a dealer in mumbai yesterday will be
of year 2011 manufectured and not of year.2010.

It is just because I got suspisious of the sales guy who visited me at my office agreed to install following items free apart from Rs. 12000/- discount, in my car without a hitch that too on a ALTO K10 car.Items included sun film,music system,matting,steering cover,tefelon coating,mudflaps,etc.

When I spoke to him and told him that I would go to their Stock Yard to see my Car before it is registered, he was little hesitant and told me that "Sir you will have to go to Vasai to see the car, same guy told me later that car will be at Panvel and asked me Sir will you go to panvel?

I told him I will go to Kashmir also if need arises.

After all this I remembered one of our friends was about to be palmed off with Test Drive old car,I thought enough is enough and lets ask Maruti themself.

My ordeal started now, I saw their regional office at Mumbai tele no.02226590478 at Bandra Kurla Complex and dailed the number , This is how it works ,First there is a welcome nessage with a female voice then a male voice says that extentioin I am trying is busy at the moment Pls wait , and it goes on and on and finnally it is disconnected after 3 minutes without any message and appology(typical mentality ) Yesterday and today altogather I have made about 87calls to them.without speaking to any one.

Then I asked ASK ME they gave me a Delhi mobile no of Maruti Udyog, which I dailed and I heared a female with typical north indian accent of hindi with a mixture of dilli language and commonly used words in delhi like Koi DIKKAT nahi hogi, I asked about my solution to my problem of identifying the year of maufecture of the car You know what reply I got from them 'You can take a workshop guy with you and he will identify the year of manufecture very easily.Idisconnected the like after hearing all Faltu suggestions.

Now it is 9.38PM and all offices are closed even now same message is being played and the extentions are busy.

Will some of our friends help me in solving this situation. Because that sales guy becomes nervouse when I tell him that I want my car of Manufectured in year 2011. My documents are in the bank for Loan finalisation.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 1st March 2011 at 21:41.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 21:48   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

IQBAL: If you just want to be sure about the car manufacturing year be 2011, please refer to the TBHP thread on VIN numbers:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

Look for Manufacturer: Maruti - Suzuki

It is fairly straightforward and you dont need a mechanic or anyone else for that matter

all the best
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 21:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
IQBAL: If you just want to be sure about the car manufacturing year be 2011, please refer to the TBHP thread on VIN numbers:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

Look for Manufacturer: Maruti - Suzuki

It is fairly straightforward and you dont need a mechanic or anyone else for that matter

all the best
narayanang76
Narayan ji, thanks a million but what to do with this unprofessional behaviour of Maruti.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
But what to do with this unprofessional behaviour of Maruti.
I guess is such a situation it is best to change the dealer, Tell the current dealer to satisfy your queries or else Give the other dealers a chance.
Zappex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:32   #65
DNM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I guess is such a situation it is best to change the dealer, Tell the current dealer to satisfy your queries or else Give the other dealers a chance.
No, i think you should write to the Maruti email id.
They always respond back if we have any problem with their services or have any queries!
Even, when i experienced problems with my WagonR Primea, I contacted them by sending them an email. They reverted back within 2/3 days with an apology and also communicated with the nearby service center for resolve the problem.
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:21   #66
BHPian

In your case, just ask them to tell you (in writing) the Chassis number before the registration happens. If the VIN-decoding method tells you it is a 2011 car, you're set to go as far as year of manufacture is concerned. If you want to inspect the car to see if the particular piece has no manufacturing defects/body damage/etc., then you will have to visit the stockyard yourself.

The reason why they can tell you the chassis number even before the car reaches their showroom from Maruti factory is because the status of every booking/purchase is entered/tracked within a centralized, online system right from the point the car leaves Maruti to the point of creation of the invoice when you make the final payment. They can very easily tell you the detqails if they want to be transparent with you.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi, You guys may be having BAD experience with Maruti Dealers, but my experience is WORST one with the MARUTI themselves.

Since yesterday I am trying to contact someone in the Maruti Udyog Regional Office at Bandra Kurla Complex, who can guide me in detecting the car I have booked with a dealer in mumbai yesterday will be
of year 2011 manufectured and not of year.2010.

It is just because I got suspisious of the sales guy who visited me at my office agreed to install following items free apart from Rs. 12000/- discount, in my car without a hitch that too on a ALTO K10 car.Items included sun film,music system,matting,steering cover,tefelon coating,mudflaps,etc.

When I spoke to him and told him that I would go to their Stock Yard to see my Car before it is registered, he was little hesitant and told me that "Sir you will have to go to Vasai to see the car, same guy told me later that car will be at Panvel and asked me Sir will you go to panvel?

I told him I will go to Kashmir also if need arises.

After all this I remembered one of our friends was about to be palmed off with Test Drive old car,I thought enough is enough and lets ask Maruti themself.

My ordeal started now, I saw their regional office at Mumbai tele no.02226590478 at Bandra Kurla Complex and dailed the number , This is how it works ,First there is a welcome nessage with a female voice then a male voice says that extentioin I am trying is busy at the moment Pls wait , and it goes on and on and finnally it is disconnected after 3 minutes without any message and appology(typical mentality ) Yesterday and today altogather I have made about 87calls to them.without speaking to any one.

Then I asked ASK ME they gave me a Delhi mobile no of Maruti Udyog, which I dailed and I heared a female with typical north indian accent of hindi with a mixture of dilli language and commonly used words in delhi like Koi DIKKAT nahi hogi, I asked about my solution to my problem of identifying the year of maufecture of the car You know what reply I got from them 'You can take a workshop guy with you and he will identify the year of manufecture very easily.Idisconnected the like after hearing all Faltu suggestions.

Now it is 9.38PM and all offices are closed even now same message is being played and the extentions are busy.

Will some of our friends help me in solving this situation. Because that sales guy becomes nervouse when I tell him that I want my car of Manufectured in year 2011. My documents are in the bank for Loan finalisation.
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 19:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sorry to hear about this HMK.

MyCar has so lost a customer (you) and probably 10 through word of mouth.

I would suggest that you stick to Sai Service / Choughule for MS cars. They have been around in Pune for ages and both have been good till now.

As far as writing a letter to MUL, please do so and make clear in stern words that, if no action is taken, this might be leaked to the media. You could address it to the Marketing Head and send it to the following address. (Got it from Google). Its their head office in Delhi.

Addresses Head Office
Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi-110070
Board no.46781000
Fax : 46150275 and 46150276
No use boss the MARUTI H O also has shameless people employed, they dont reply your emails, and phonecalls are not reaching right concerened people and the receptionwants to ends the call of suffering or frustrating customers there and then.

I had a bad experience with my vehicle delivery , according to dealer car in their truck left for mumbai on 9th March 2011,and at the time of payment being made I was told it takes 5 to 6 days time today it is 11th day and still the car not reached stockyard.

The manager says it takes not 5 to 6 days but 10 to 11 days ,it looks like they push the cars from Gurgaon to mumbai .
As of today evening there is no report of my car arrival at stockyard.

Our TBH brothers can you give me some IDEA what has to be done. Regards....
Old 4th October 2014, 01:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
This is an account of the horrible experience I've had the displeasure of experiencing while purchasing a SX4 ZXi VVT from MyCar Wakad (Pune).

Some background:
I sold my 4.5 years old Fiat Palio 1.2 NV ELX (Grey) to a friend 15 days back. In the meanwhile, after much research, I finalized on the SX4 ZXi as a viable upgrade to my faithful Itialian beauty. Spoke to 3-4 dealers in Pune (MyCar, Mahalaxmi, Ace Kudale, Sai Service, etc.) and inquired about availability of an Azure Grey ZXi (MT) piece of 2011 make - I was kind of adamant about the 2011 make. The general response that I got from most dealers was that a 2011 make vehicle could be delivered only around a month later. Mycar, on the other hand, promised a delivery as soon as my finance paperwork was done (17th Feb was my preference because it was an auspicious day according to my mother). Since I wanted to take the car for a holiday with friends planned for the 19th, it fit perfectly into my plans and I decided to go with MyCar.

Now for the real story:
Being a t-bhp member and learning from all the useful threads here, I obviously asked to inspect the car in the stockyard before I signed any papers related to registration, insurance or finance.

Thursday, Feb 10th: I went to the MyCar showroom with my wife and mother to show them the car, get their inputs regarding the color (there was a battle between French Eclair(wife's choice) and Azure Grey(mine) which I won in the end ). After their nod in the positive regarding the car and after final bit of haggling regarding accessories (I was promised 15K worth of accessories free from the dealer), I paid a booking amount of Rs.10000/-. I was told that a new shipment of cars was to be delivered that evening and that the car allotted to me was in that shipment. Yippee!

Saturday, Feb 12th: My wife and I went to the stockyard with the MyCar sales rep (Swapnil Kulkarni) to take our first look at the car. Needless to say, we were very excited. I had done my homework by preparing the checklist of points to consider while inspecting a car (thanks to some great t-bhp articles). After reaching the stockyard, all 3 of us started looking around to locate the car. We could find no Azure Grey SX4 ZXi MT in there. There were only 2 Azure grey SX4s there - 1 VXi and one (what we thought was a) ZDi with the body kit. Obviously, we were bummed. After waiting another 15-20 minutes, the sales rep returned with chassis and engine numbers written on a piece of paper. He called out to us that he had found the car and showed us the same car with the body kit and said - "yeh aapki gaadi hai sir". I got pissed off for a few reasons -
  1. The car had a body kit already attached which was wierd because I thought that such kits were fitted at the dealership, not by Maruti
  2. Second, and more shocking, the car clearly had the sticker marks of a DDiS badge having been removed from under the side indicators in the front. When I pointed out the obvious, he remained adamant that this was the car allotted to me.
  3. The inside of the car obviously looked used - transparent matting already installed, seats without plastic wrapping, bits of snacks littered all over the floor, empty water bottles in front seat pockets, etc.
  4. Fourth, and even more shocking, the car was ALREADY REGISTERED and had a proper (black lettering on white) MH-14 numberplate on both front and back sides.
  5. Supposedly, the car had been delivered to the stockyard just 2 days back. Yet, with the amount of dust settled on the car, one could easily make out that it had been standing there at least 2 weeks, if not a month.
After I pointed out all these things to the salesman, he had no answer and he went off to speak to his "team leader". After a while, he came back, apologized, and said that there was some mixup in the delivery and that my car was sent to the Mahalunge stockyard instead. I asked him if we can go to that other stockyard and he said that it is very far (25kms). The sales rep (and his team leader) promised that the car would be brought to the Wakad stockyard the following day. My wife and I were bummed, smelled something fishy, but gave him the benefit of doubt and decided to follow up on Sunday.

Sunday, Feb 13th:
I called up on Sunday and was told that the correct car had been brought down from the Mahalunge stockyard that morning. I again went to the stockyard with the sales rep hoping to see a gleaming new ZXi waiting for me to plonk my money down. But, alas .. The car that the sales rep points to and says, again, "yeh aapki gaadi hai sir" also has the body kit on it. Obviouly, there's a big red flag waving in my mind. The flag started waving even more frantically after I noticed the following -
  1. The body kit was already installed. It also had a different, bigger exhaust tip (not sure if it comes as part of the body kit)
  2. There was no VVT badge anywhere on the car.
  3. The seats did not have plastic covers on them. Although the matting was missing (so was the usual brown paper), one could make out that this was a recently cleaned up car. The seat pockets obviously looked used and had dirt marks on them,
  4. The car already had dark films on the side windows
  5. On close inspection, I could make out that the area around the front numberplate had several, distinct marks from someone trying to yank the numberplate out with a screwdriver. There were sticker marks from a double-sided industrial-strength tape.
  6. I saw 2 tickets (similar to parking tickets) in the car which had Maruti logo on them and looked like stockyard entry/exit tickets. The date on them said 10th Jan and 4th Jan. It did not mention any information on the location though.
  7. The other ZXi car (with DDiS badge, body kit and MH-14 registration) was nowhere to be found.
I concluded from all of the above that this was the same car that I saw the day before, just cleaned up. I went ballistic on the sales rep after I heard his answers for these questions -
  • Q:Why is the body kit already installed when I didn't even ask for it?
    A:Sir, this is how Maruti sent us the car.
  • Q:What will you do with the body kit since I don't want it?
    A:Sir, we will give it to you.
  • Q:For free ?!
    A:< no answer >
  • Q:Why is there no VVT badge on the car?
    A: Sir, I had it removed so that we could polish the car before you take delivery
  • Q:Please get the keys - I want to see the odo reading.
    A: Sir, all keys are stored in the stockyard office - no keys are allowed inside
  • Q:Can you show me ANY other car in this stockyard which does not have the keys inside it?
    A: Ok sir, I will get the keys. (The odo reading was 63 kms.)
  • Q:When was this car brought to this stockyard?
    A: Sir, I drove it down from Mahalunge myself, last night.
  • Q:How far is that from Wakad?
    A: Very far sir, it is at least 25 kms. (I looked it up on Google maps just now and found that it is more like 5 kms)
  • Q:Can you show me any documentation proving that this car was brought into this stockyard last night like you mentioned?
    A: < no answer >
  • Q:Where is the other ZXi car that we saw the other day?
  • Q:Can you show me any documentation to show that the car we saw the other day has been removed from this stockyard since yesterday?
I went back to the showroom where I spoke to the Sales Manager (Mr. Deepak Salunkhe) who listened to all the evidence I had collected (I took snaps of everything) and promised that he would do a root-cause-analysis and find out what went wrong. I ignored all his promises and asked him to cancel my booking with immediate effect. I also threatened to escalate this (with evidence) to higher authorities in Maruti if I was not given a complete analysis of why this happened before Tuesday EOD. I took his business card, wrote down all my questions to him, asked him not to call me at all to try to persuade me into keeping the booking and left the showroom.

This was a shocking experience for me and I understand now the extent to which sales people can give you blatant lie after blatant lie just to get your business.

I will update this thread once I hear back from MyCar regarding this.
I have a doubt regarding this topic. I apologise for the long post but I need some advise on this matter immediately. I have booked a Maruti Celerio VXI CNG silver colour with SK Wheels at Turbhe Navi Mumbai on 6th of September 2014. The celerio cng is a relatively new car (if am not mistaking it was announced towards the end of May 2014). The sales representative Mr. Awadesh Kumar said they dont have this particular vehicle in stock and they have to get it from the factory. It will take a month's time atleast. was not in a hurry and I gave him 2 colour option - silky silver (1st preference) and glistening grey (2nd preference). I paid a booking amount of Rs. 10,000/- and also applied for a car loan at HDFC (I had a pre-approved loan sitting in my account). The on-road price has come to Rs. 5.48 L without any accessories and discount.

The loan was approved within a day. Howver, the sales rep said they will get the loan disbursement done only when the car availability is confirmed and they are able to book the car. On enquiring from where the car will be brought, he told me it is manufactured in Manesar plant and will be shipped from there. The sales rep said he will try his best to deliver the car on Dusshera (3rd October 2014). I did not insist on Dusshera day as I dint have any specific date in mind and I was in no hurry at all. I just told him it will be great if he can deliver on that day.

After a week and half (I think it was 21st September 2014 sunday) I went to the dealership (I was returning from some place and decided to hop in for enquiring about the status of the car delivery). Mr. Awadesh Kumar was not in showroom and I spoke to his team leader (dont remember his name). He said they have been able to locate 1 silver colour vxi cng which will be leaving factory the next day (monday 22nd september 2014) and they are trying to book that car for me. He said he will be able to confirm this by 11am on monday and let me know by 2-3pm on monday. The next day (monday) afternoon I called up the dealership and Mr. Awadesh Kumar said he will update me as soon as the booking is confirmed. Next day (tuesday) I received a call from the dealership confirming that the car has been booked and is on the way in transit. They asked me to visit their showroom to complete bank loan disbursement and RTO formalities. I went to the dealership on thursday (25th september 2014) and signed all loan documents and gave photocopies of all documents required for RTO registration. I enquired in detail with the sales rep and I came to know that we will not be able to register the car by 3rd october s the RTO will remain closed for almost a week during that time owing to dusshera, weekend and eid all coming together. He said I can take delivery on the auspicious day with temporary number plate and the RTO registration can be done once the RTO office is working after holidays. That day I oslo made another payment of Rs. 1L (part down payment). I have receipts for all payments. On this day I told him to inform me once the car reaches their showroom s I would like to do a PDI before taking delivery and RTO registration. He said that is absolutely fine.

On 30th september 2014, on enquiring with the sales rep, he said the car will reach their stockyard the next day i.e. 1st october (he said their stockyard is in panvel which is roughly about 22 kms). So on 2nd they will bring the car to the showroom. I told him that I wish to take delivery on 4th october instead of 3rd and he said that is fine as it is there will be lot of rush on dusshera day on 3rd october.

On 2nd october evening I again called him and he said the car hs reched their showroom and I can check it on 3rd (the next day) before taking delivery on 4th october. Today on 3rd october I went to the dealership at around 12 noon to see the car. There was a huge queue of cars waiting for delivery. The sales rep was very busy and showed me the car. He asked me to check the car while he was attending another customer who had a delivery that time. He said he will join me soon. I had read the Team BHP PDI checklist and did a visual survey inside the cabin. Everything inside the car seemed alright. I the meantime the sales rep came with RTO and insurance forms. He said the RTO papers and insurance papers need to be signed. I dont know how on earth he missed out on this for so long?!! Anyways, I signed those and we checked the car. The keys were inside the car. I asked him the reason and he said the battery was disconnected. Thus I could not check the km reading on the odo. I asked the sales rep to connect the battery and he said the mechanic/electrician wa quite busy and not available at that time. I asked for the PDI guy and he went looking for him. He came back saying the PDI guy was with another customer and I would need to wait for long as they were flooded with deliveries that day. Then I noticed on the rear screen (i dont know if it is called rear windsheild) a sticker of 'The Kothari Wheels' was present. I asked him what is this sticker doing here and how it came on this car which supposedly is being brought from the factory in Manesar?! The sales rep tells me that they have swapped this car from kothari wheels for another car which they hd with them (he did not mention which car they gave and I dint ask him yet). On asking why they did so, he said the car in transit from factory was not reaching before 3rd october so they did a dealer swap (dealer trade). I asked him where was kothari wheels located and he dint know! I felt that was strange!! or maybe he dint want to say. I asked him to remove the kothari wheels sticker and install all the accessories that were to be fitted (including a pioneer double din music system). He said I can call him tomorrow on 4th october and take delivery in the afternoon. One of the biggest and most important point I missed today was checking the VIN number! I did a survey of the car and found no signs of damages, abuse or dirt anywhere except that on the driver seat, the plastic cover of only the seat (not the backrest) was folded so as to expose the seat fabric. Maybe the driver who drove from stockyard did so but I dont know if they do that before handing over to customer. It was quite busy there and nobody had time to attend so I left the showroom with some doubts in mind.

I came home and googled and found a kothari wheels maruti dealer based in viman nagar pune. Read some relly bd and negative reviews regarding them (I think one was on Team BHP regarding they selling a one year old A star automatic as new). I am thining of going to the dealership tomorow and first check the VIN no. to see the month and year of manufacture (hope year hs to be 2014 s it is a brand new model launched for the first time just 4 months back). I have the following queries:

1. Does anyone sense any foul play in this entire episode of dealer swapping buisiness?

2. Should I expect the car to be manufactured in september or august (as I had made booking on 6th september 2014)? I am thinking of not taking delivery if I find out that this car is manufctured in august and I shall insist on a september manufactured car instead.

3. Is it possible that this car was used by kothari wheels as a demo car? Or is it possible that this car was alloted by kothari wheels to someone else and he dint take it as it might be defective? Any way that I can find this out?

4. How could my dealership (sk wheels) find a car lying with kothari wheels in pune when the sales rep himself said this car is in huge demand and commands a long waiting period? Then how come it was lying in kothari wheels stockyard?

I am confused whether I should go ahead and take this car or ask for a one straight from the factory. Any suggestions and advice wuld be really helpful!
ar.abc is online now   Reply With Quote