Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 8th April 2013, 11:29   #31
BHPian

Default Re: TATA AIG not issuing Insurance Policy after payment

My experience with TATA AIG has always been an unpleasant one

History

I had my car with the company through car lease program. I transferred the ownership to my own name and Insurance was transferred on 13-Mar-13. My insurance was due to expire 31-Mar-13.

The disconnect

16-Mar I receive a copy of the renewed insurance but with the owner being listed as the first owner. Raised an objection. Promptly TATA AIG sends the corrected cover note.

So what is the problem ??

It was a hand edited one

And since then the systems have been slow, FY ending has other reports to be generated.

Trust me the folks are worse than PSU insurance companies

Now why did I have to do with TATA AIG -

There wasn't enough time left for me to look at other insurance options

And I know that the folks back at my company just received their cover note today..

Future General seems to be prompt..

Will keep my fingers crossed

csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 16:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
My insurance is with TATA AIG.
Insurance expired on 2nd April 2013

I renewed my Insurance by paying cash on the 18th of March by going to the TATA AIG office in cunning ham road. They issued me a cover note and promised me that I will get the insurance within 7 working days.

Now its been allmost 3 weeks and nothing!
I went to their office this Monday asking for an explanation. The manger promised me a resolution with 48 hours. Today is Sunday and I still have nothing.
I have the original cover note which they tell me is valid for 60 days.
On calling up the customer care number they tell me that my insurance hasn't been renewed yet and they cant see it in their system.
They gave me a complaint no and told me the issue will be resolved in 7 working days

Now what do I do ?
Write to their customer service department, escalate the issue, and ask them you are making it public as this looks like another cover note scam.

I renewed my car's insurance (online) from a leading private company on march 22nd since the policy was running out by April 3rd. I made the payment online on March 22nd itself and the agent promised the policy within 3 to 5 days, post payment there were no communication from their end and i didn't get the policy or the cover note within the specified period of 5 days. So i contacted the agent via email and he sent me a cover note. I wasn't satisfied with the cover note, i asked him for the policy document and he said they were facing some network issues! I called up their customer care and like your case the CC executive couldn't find the insurance details on the system. I made an issue via phone and email (the only option available at that time) and told i will cancel this policy and make this public and warn prospective customers if i don't get policy before April 3rd. I mailed their customer care and the next level up and on 3rd i got the soft copy of the policy emailed to me.

PS: One CC executive was honest and told me that the delay was because of the year end closing. Might be the same in your case too.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 18:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Captail Slow

The cover note is valid for 60 days, you should be getting the Insurance copy mailed to your address. Any particular reason why you didnt renew the Insurance online, would have saved you the hassles of waiting for the Insurance copy.

All you can do now is wait for the issue to be resolved. Drop in a word again after couple of days to check if things are moving.
I had done it online the first time everything was smooth. Got the soft copy in less than 48 hours! This time had some issue with my CC so opted for a direct payment and tried to deal with the branch.

And I thought online was more trouble some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
One thing you could do Captain is to visit their site and raise a complaint giving all details. I trust you have the receipt number and cover note number etc.

As an aside - hope they are not talking your handle too seriously...and thinking that you'd be very offended if they do anything fast for you.
Sorry couldn't resist that !

Arunshek - By now you should have received the original hard copy of the policy along with the policy holder etc. If not talk to your Associate concerned and get it. Also check on their site whether your policy is registered.
First time online butter smooth second with this direct payment and things go slowwww like my handle here
Yup I have a valid cover note with all the numbers and signature of the "HERO" (working with tata aig) who took the money from me. I made several copies of this just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

P.S: Call the agent whom you had paid the premium. Also ask him to send a soft copy.

P.P.S: System showing insurance not renewed is something to worry about.
There was no agent involved! This was directly from the AIG office in Bangalore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Write to their customer service department, escalate the issue, and ask them you are making it public as this looks like another cover note scam.

PS: One CC executive was honest and told me that the delay was because of the year end closing. Might be the same in your case too.
Thanks Sankar, I will have to try this.
Today will be the 7th working day after my official complaint to the CC regarding this issue.
They told me that they needed 7 working days to sort this out.
Unlike the others and what you went through my dealing was with the company directly no agent was involved! I thought that will be easier.
Bah I was soo wrong about this
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 18:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

On calling AIG today I was told they will take 7-10 days to resolve the issue but the lady at the other end was kind enough to tell me that she will escalate the matter to her higher ups.
Old 9th April 2013, 19:00   #35
BHPian

I am in the same boat too.
I renewed mine on 13-March and still waiting for the policy documents.

Was unable to get speak to customer care in my last 2 attempts. Something is fishy with TATA AIG.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 09:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I am in the same boat too.
I renewed mine on 13-March and still waiting for the policy documents.

Was unable to get speak to customer care in my last 2 attempts. Something is fishy with TATA AIG.
how did you pay and did you directly get the issuance from TATA or an agent?
Old 10th April 2013, 09:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
how did you pay and did you directly get the issuance from TATA or an agent?
Cheque. Got it through agent as mine was transfer from Company name to my name. Spoke to the call center yesterday. They said they do not have any information about my application in system. Need to trace the agent.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 13:47   #38
BHPian

Default Re: *SCAM* Cover Note Issued, No Insurance Policy Yet!!

I got my policy documents (soft copy) after speaking to the agent. He mentioned server problems could be the reason for delay in processing.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 01:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I got my policy documents (soft copy) after speaking to the agent. He mentioned server problems could be the reason for delay in processing.
After Complaining to the higher ups and making 4-5 calls I finally managed to get a soft copy from a higher up from Mumbai!

No Reason given for the delay.
Email mentioned that the hard copy will reach me in 5-7 working days.
Old 6th May 2013, 18:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Finally Got the Hard copy. After all the yelling and complaints They sent 2 hard copies