Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 18th April 2012, 12:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Issues with Bajaj Allianz - Total Loss Vs Forced partial repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I think you should stop looking for scrap dealer, etc.
You are the customer that the insurance company have covered and they should do the job. Why are you taking a soft stand?

Hello Anand,

Mrinal has to look for the Scrap Buyer because the Insurance Surveyor has approved the Side panel Replacements & have denied the entire Body Shell Replacement. Also this approval was given only after 30 seconds of Car Inspection. While during the first survey, he was told that entire body Shell needs to be replaced.

There would be no point getting the Car repaired when he is not sure of Car's performance after repairs. Insurance companies do offer Constructive Total Loss where they pay you the Repair amount & You can keep / sell the Car as it is.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 12:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sad. Even our insurance is with BA. This might just make me think twice at the time of renewal...
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 11:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Thanks for supporting my views in this endeavor. I am in process of escalating the matter to next level in BA. I will definitely go to IRDA if it doesn't gets resolved.
Hello Mrinal,

Hope you are doing good.

So what is the latest update? Have you heard anything from the Insurance Company? Have you escalated the matter in Bajaj Alliance?

Also, what is the best scrap value you have received so far? Make sure that you do not arrive at any decision in a hurry. Incase of Total Loss scenario, Full IDV is your basic right. Also in case of repairs, your satisfaction & quality of work is most important.

Please update us with the latest development in your case.

Thanks,
Old 24th April 2012, 11:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Mrinal,

Hope you are doing good.

So what is the latest update? Have you heard anything from the Insurance Company? Have you escalated the matter in Bajaj Alliance?

Also, what is the best scrap value you have received so far? Make sure that you do not arrive at any decision in a hurry. Incase of Total Loss scenario, Full IDV is your basic right. Also in case of repairs, your satisfaction & quality of work is most important.

Please update us with the latest development in your case.

Thanks,
Hi Jignesh,

I am still awaiting the quotes for scrap value. Once the quote is in, I will post the information here. As of now, the development is nil. :(

Thanks for your support!
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 11:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Waiting to hear from you Mrinal.
Do update any progress with regards to your claim. As my insurance is also with BA, I am mighty concerned, more so because I have paid higher premium for higher IDV.
So am looking forward for a positive outcome in your case.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 13:17   #21
BHPian

No movement in there. The word is out to the scrap dealers about the current situation and they want to mince more money. The people who quoted 2.5 earlier now want to get the same car for 1.3L :(.

I am very determined not to have any future relation with BA, they have clearly said that they are not responsible for completeness of repair, they are worried about cheapest repair.

Sad situation to be in.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about this Mrinal.
I am keenly following your thread. My car is also insured with BA, as I said above.
What other action are you contemplating ?
Did you escalate it to the IRDA ? or are you planning to approach the consumer court?
Old 9th May 2012, 15:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No movement in there. The word is out to the scrap dealers about the current situation and they want to mince more money. The people who quoted 2.5 earlier now want to get the same car for 1.3L :(.
Sad situation to be in.
Hello Mrinal,

Surprising to hear that the same Scrap Dealers are now offering you 50% of the quoted amount. It is just their business tactics so that you lose hope & give away your car.

Where is the Car currently? At your place or at Service Center? If it is at Service Center then please negotiate about the parking charges. I have paid Rs. 5,000 for almost 45 days of parking my damaged Car at the Service Center (Chamunda Motors, Dahisar, Mumbai). There are threads on T-BHP where a Service Station in Pune demanded Rs. 300 per day as parking charge for damaged Car (which works out to Rs. 900 per month)

Also speak to a few authorized Service Centers, they have god contacts with Scrap Buyers & many times they too buy damaged cars.

Thanks,
Old 9th May 2012, 16:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Mrinal,

Surprising to hear that the same Scrap Dealers are now offering you 50% of the quoted amount. It is just their business tactics so that you lose hope & give away your car.

Where is the Car currently? At your place or at Service Center? If it is at Service Center then please negotiate about the parking charges. I have paid Rs. 5,000 for almost 45 days of parking my damaged Car at the Service Center (Chamunda Motors, Dahisar, Mumbai). There are threads on T-BHP where a Service Station in Pune demanded Rs. 300 per day as parking charge for damaged Car (which works out to Rs. 900 per month)

Also speak to a few authorized Service Centers, they have god contacts with Scrap Buyers & many times they too buy damaged cars.

Thanks,
Your are right. The price has reduced big time as they are waiting for me to budge down to such low price. I will rather keep the car in the same condition than sell to dirt cheap. Will keep you updated on whats happening.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your are right. The price has reduced big time as they are waiting for me to budge down to such low price. I will rather keep the car in the same condition than sell to dirt cheap. Will keep you updated on whats happening.
You will lose even more value if you keep waiting like this. Best is to take the legal recourse without losing any further time, if the insurance company is not budging.
Try escalating to the top levels in BA or put an online complaint on the IRDA website. Find out the recent highcourt judgement wherein the insurer has been asked to pay the IDV for a claim , take a printout and show it to the surveyor.
You have already waited for long now. Take few strong decisions now.
Keeping you car like this waiting for the correct price might just turn into junk.

Edit: You are conveniently located at Hyderabad. Visit IRDA personally at their Basheerbagh office.
http://www.irda.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cms/...No226&mid=14.3
Ask them for guidance OR if possible call the BA surveyor from there and make him speak to any IRDA officer.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 9th May 2012 at 16:55.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Mrinal,

You will have to move ahead in some direction. Because keeping the Car in current condition will only futher deteriorate its Condition. Also please keep in mind that Rains are approaching & the condition of the Car may be worsening. I have experienced this same situation where everyone (Insurance company, Service Center & Scrap Buyer) is happy in keeping you waiting.

Kindly speak to the Service Center or to someone in Bajaj Alliance & try to make some headway. Feel free to take guidance from this Forum as & when required.

Thanks,
Old 26th June 2012, 10:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hello Mrinal,

We are waiting fo updates from your side.

What is finally decided? Total loss or forced Repair? Hope things have worked in your benefit & satisfaction.

Request you to kindly post the final result of your negotiations with Bajaj Allianz & I hope you are happy with the outcome.

Thanks,
Old 15th October 2012, 16:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to bump old thread.
Mrinal, could you please update your case?

Many of us are waiting to know the result of your car.
IndigoXLGrandDi is online now   Reply With Quote