Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 27th May 2015, 23:15   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Silly, arduous new procedure for Maruti Insurance renewals

That time of the year again when I have to renew my insurance. I see that the Maruti Insurance online renewal is no longer working - I keep getting a message that the site is under maintenance.
I think the dealers might have forced Maruti to close this channel - Speculation but reasons are obvious.
dj78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 07:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78 View Post
That time of the year again when I have to renew my insurance. I see that the Maruti Insurance online renewal is no longer working - I keep getting a message that the site is under maintenance.
I think the dealers might have forced Maruti to close this channel - Speculation but reasons are obvious.
Even if they have closed the site the dealers cannot eat that cake.

Here's why - You have the liberty to opt for any dealer and renew the insurance.

Not just that choice but when you approach a dealer too, they will log your request and you will get a call from NCR Region who will get an acknowledgement from you that you are renewing the insurance for the said vehicles at the dealer.

Apart from this you will be given a choice on which Insurance Service Provider you want to opt for - Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, Cholamandalam etc and its YOU gets to decide this.

The caller would also explain you the type of Policy, IDV of your vehicle and the renewal amount. After your nod, they will send a confirmation SMS to your number that the Policy will be ready at the dealership you are waiting at.

So, there is no way the dealer is forcing you to buy a Policy from them and neither can they get partial when it comes to choosing a service provider. It is all centralized and nothing works till you get a call from their Head Office and till you are explained everything about the renewal including your choice of Service Provider.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 10:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

I never renew online.

I get a call from various Maruti dealers with offers, when the renewal is due.

But I always go to MSM. I sign a form. I swipe my card. They deliver the policy as well as the free water wash + wheel alignment coupons (sometimes a wax polish coupon thrown in!) at my office the next day.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 10:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Renewing Maruti Insurance is not as simple as earlier, of late. One cannot walk into a dealership and take the policy in one go.
Maruti Insurance is definitely going to lose many a customers if the entire procedure is not streamlined and the unfriendly cog removed.
I have been going through this process for past 5 years now and for both my cars. Did not find it as irritating as you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Why take all that trouble while you could renew your insurance online just at the click of a button?
I found online insurance bit expensive than Maruti's. Moreover, not all insurance have cashless facility at all MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Just wondering what's so special about Maruti Insurance that everyone is so glued to it.

Do they give you super big discounts?

Is it the only insurance that provides cashless facility (Highly improbable tho') at Maruti Approved Garages?

Does Maruti extend a step motherly treatment to other insurance holder?
  1. They are at par, if not cheaper, than the cheapest insurance available in the market.
  2. Others do not have cashless facility at all authorized centers. Though most of them have cashless facility with at least one in each city.
  3. I have not experienced any step motherly treatment from Maruti when my insurance was with TATA AIG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
People who have insurance with Maruti, how do you rate them? Any claim settlement hassles?
In my experience, I faced no hassles whatsoever. They call you at least twice to confirm (as mentioned in the beginning of the thread) and then send someone to collect payment and deliver the hard copy. You can ask for soft copy any time later also.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2015, 16:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So, there is no way the dealer is forcing you to buy a Policy from them and neither can they get partial when it comes to choosing a service provider. It is all centralized and nothing works till you get a call from their Head Office and till you are explained everything about the renewal including your choice of Service Provider.
Dear Parag - Thanks for the perspective. However, more the number of available channels the more convenient it is for the customers.

Personally, I have been very busy at work and home for a few weeks and finding time to visit the dealer would be a challenge in the next few days. I must credit the dealer, however, for the fact that they offered to send someone to pick up the cheque - but I would be more comfortable if I purchase only after I have reviewed all the details.

I had really been counting on the online renewal option - But now the only option before me is to get it from a dealer.
dj78 is offline   Reply With Quote