Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 12th May 2006, 12:32   #1
BHPian

Default Insurance Q.

Hi, just this morning the glass on the passanger side mirror broke (of my fairly new fiat petra)-while I was trying to overtake an auto on anarrow road who did not move out of my way in time. I do not have much experience dealing with insurane. Can someone tell me how to get the mirror fixed and get the insurance to cover it.

thanks,

Shobha
shbhrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 12:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

If its just your wing mirror that broke, it would probably not be worth taking a claim for this small expense. Why? Because when you go to renew your insurance at the end of the year, you would have lost your no claim bonus which would be worth thousands because of this relatively minor claim.

If you want to save some money, buy the mirror from an independent shop and not from a dealer.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 13:03   #3
BHPian

Thanks Rtech for that prompt reply. But if I get the mirror fixed at an independent dealer will it not affect the warranty? Purcahsed the car last november.
shbhrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 13:11   #4
BHPian

what rtech said is right, it willl not help to claim for such a small mirror. as you would also have to pay some claim chardges which might be more than the actual cost of the mirror itself.

there wont be any problem with the warranty as mirror broken by accident and that does not come under warranty.

take care and drive safe

Regards

Shubbhi
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote