Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 17th February 2009, 10:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

I added ICE to my insurance that was renewed last week.

Added 15k as value of "Accessories". Bills / Invoice from dealer was not required for insurance.

Not sure how much that added to insurance as doing insurance for the first time (Insurance was free on new car, I.e. charged only 1 Rupee).

Overall, I don't think buying Grey / Bill & Warranty has much impact on insurability.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 10:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

thanks for input.

so I believe the theft of sub, Amplifier and system can be claimed from the insurance company. Thats good.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 11:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

I asked my insurance folks to include ICE and was promptly asked for the bill which i do not have. What if i have lost the bill, what do I do then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
abhinav if somebody can break open the car he can definitely pull the release lever and open the boot too.
Or if he can break open into the car, he can also break into the boot.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 16:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Does inbuilt music systems are not covered in normal insurance. SX4 came with the company fitted music system. Do I need to take extra cover on the same? I think it should be covered in accessories section
Inbuilt music systems are covered by insurance company in the car value itself, not in accessories section.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 17:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I added ICE to my insurance that was renewed last week.

Added 15k as value of "Accessories". Bills / Invoice from dealer was not required for insurance.

Not sure how much that added to insurance as doing insurance for the first time (Insurance was free on new car, I.e. charged only 1 Rupee).

Overall, I don't think buying Grey / Bill & Warranty has much impact on insurability.
As it is rightly said by others for insurance bill is must and you have to deprecate the Music system also.

They might not ask for bill while taking the insurance but they will ask for the bill while paying the insurance claim.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote