Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 25th April 2014, 22:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Insurance premium higher for 'existing' customer than 'new'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This is true. Inspection is only done when the previous policy has lapsed before you get a new one, else no inspection is required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
That part about inspection is true. I have switched providers every year due to higher cost of renewals.
If your extra effort in filling up online forms is worth the savings, then go ahead.
A rupee saved is a rupee earned.
Thanks guys. Any feedback on which among the players are hassle-free in case of a claim? I wouldn't mind a marginal difference for someone who is less likely to make fuss in case a need arises.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 12:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Insurance premium higher for 'existing' customer than 'new'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Thanks guys. Any feedback on which among the players are hassle-free in case of a claim? I wouldn't mind a marginal difference for someone who is less likely to make fuss in case a need arises.

I have only had experience with Bajaj Allianze and Bharathi Axa and can comment on these two only. While Bajaj is expensive on the premium, I have found the service to be similar with both of them. I went with Bharathi for the most recent renewal of my car. Please check with your preferred garage about the insurance providers whom they have a tie up with and go for them as this would mean less hassles.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 09:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Insurance premium higher for 'existing' customer than 'new'

Have experienced the age old issue of charging existing customers more and offering new customers less. My current insurer Future Generali went a step ahead and gave me two quotations for renewal - one through website and one through agent and in both cases for all similar parameters there was a difference of 2K and 4.5K more than lowest offer received from Royal Sundaram. Why does FG believe that I will stick with them and conveyed the same when they called for the renewal cheque. They accepted my argument without any remorse.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote