Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

View Poll Results: Your equation with car insurance?
Yes, self-insurance would be cheaper. But I'll buy comprehensive coverage anyway 74 72.55%
Yes, self-insurance would be cheaper. I'll consider it (or am already on it) 18 17.65%
No, self-insurance would be more expensive for me. My claims > insurance premiums 7 6.86%
Other (please specify in your post) 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27th February 2016, 18:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Insurance premiums vs claims - Would 'Self Insurance' be cheaper for you?

Is it possible to collect your comprehensive insurance ncb certificate and keep it for a later date to transfer to a new car? If yes, what would be the time period for which such a certificate shall be valid? During the interim can I continue to insure the existing car with the third party insurance?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 15:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Insurance premiums vs claims - Would 'Self Insurance' be cheaper for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Is it possible to collect your comprehensive insurance ncb certificate and keep it for a later date to transfer to a new car? If yes, what would be the time period for which such a certificate shall be valid? During the interim can I continue to insure the existing car with the third party insurance?
Most of the Insurance co hand over the NCB certificate when you confirm that the car is sold. In other cases, they would mention the NCB applicable on the application form which you would request. The NCB accumulated can be used on new car purchases within 3 yrs of the certificate issue.

You can continue using the TPL only insurance on your car on which you have accumulated the NCB.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote