Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 18th September 2006, 01:53   #1
Team-BHP Support

Arrow Maruti-Suzuki Gift-A-Car NRI Programme

Browsing Maruti Udyog's website (Maruti Udyog), I came upon this special programme that they've introduced recently.

It seems like a useful option for NRIs as it offers certain incentives on Maruti-Suzuki cars bought by Indians located overseas, as a gift for their family back in India.

More details can be found here -> Maruti-Suzuki: Gift-A-Car NRI Programme.

The quoted price for a Maruti-Suzuki Swift, bought in Mumbai, comes out to be lower (not substantially though) than the list price, with a certain monthly payment (USD 99, as listed on the website, over a period of 5 years).

Anybody have any inputs regarding this, or similar, schemes offered by other car manufacturers in India?
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 02:06   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Sounds interesting but is there any real discount ?
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 21:04   #3
BHPian

i think the price for baleno lxi under tht program is 15k lesser thn the price thru dealers
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 21:45   #4
BHPian

I got my parents a WagonR last month. The NRI programme had a discount of 12K and when dealt directly the stealer bonus for trading in our old car was 10K. So there is not much difference. I had talked to my parents about the car, it was not going to be a surprise even if I had used the NRI programme. Unless you want to use your US credit history, and make monthly payments in US $s.
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 23:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If you have an NRI account, you can arrange this thro your bank and make payments here.

What I want is US interest rates, then maybe I'm interested.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 04:34   #6
Team-BHP Support

RJK - i'm going to contact Maruti and see what they have to say about it.

Mpower - what kind of difference between interest rates in India & here?
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2006, 19:59   #7
BHPian

some benefits under this offer are 10% off on accessories and free pickup n delivery of cars for service.here we are thinkin of takin a baleno via dil se program.
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 23:31   #8
BHPian

Does any one know if TATAs have a similar program? I tried Emailing TATA a few times and haven't got a reply. They atleast could say something, but looks like they're asleep at the wheel.

Even if one doesn't take any loan, the advantage of this program is that one can pay directly from a foreign account and also use credit card charge too.
THE-U- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 04:57   #9

Default are there any surpises

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
I got my parents a WagonR last month. The NRI programme had a discount of 12K and when dealt directly the stealer bonus for trading in our old car was 10K. So there is not much difference. I had talked to my parents about the car, it was not going to be a surprise even if I had used the NRI programme. Unless you want to use your US credit history, and make monthly payments in US $s.

Were there any surprises when u booked the car in terms of delivery and arranging insurance stuff like that . cause i hear horror stories of how dealers in India try to take money from people and not give delivery on time
california_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 12:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

This programme from Maruti has been around for a year and a half. Its only recently that they have started buying banner ad-spaces on typical NRI websites and news sites.

The discounts are pretty decent - upto Rs.23,000 on a Wagon R AX when I last inquired. However, when I mentioned this to a Hyundai Dealership they extended a similar discount on the Santro Auto.

Considering the costs they save on logistics, dealer commisison and various other things I think Maruti should be in a position to offer a better discount. Still, for those who want to do everything sitting at their locations abroad, this is perfect.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 00:02   #11

Default 23 G's below the price mentioned on the site ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This programme from Maruti has been around for a year and a half. Its only recently that they have started buying banner ad-spaces on typical NRI websites and news sites.

The discounts are pretty decent - upto Rs.23,000 on a Wagon R AX when I last inquired. However, when I mentioned this to a Hyundai Dealership they extended a similar discount on the Santro Auto.

Considering the costs they save on logistics, dealer commisison and various other things I think Maruti should be in a position to offer a better discount. Still, for those who want to do everything sitting at their locations abroad, this is perfect.
23 G's below the price mentioned on the site ?
california_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 22:11   #12
BHPian

hello, any similar sort of program with other companies as well... please help me out
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 03:58   #13
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti-Suzuki Gift-A-Car NRI Programme

Has anyone used this program recently ? If it is a streamlined process - then I think it is worth giving a shot.
deltheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:44   #14
BHPian

They seem to have gone into a shell. Our sx4 was purchased via maruti NRI programme and delivered in 2 days when it had a rather 3 months waiting at launch. I tried contacting them again for a maruti and guess what! It's been two weeks and no response. Guess they already have too many other things to do rather than responding to NRI queries.
hondacity is offline   Reply With Quote