Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 1st June 2009, 11:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

They checked the CMOS memory of a fried PC?!? Wow, that is a level of sophistication I did not expect to see.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 04:08   #32
BHPian

OT : -but i am really curious as to how only a Processor would be fried by a lightning and how did they check the clock speed w
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 11:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
OT : -but i am really curious as to how only a Processor would be fried by a lightning and how did they check the clock speed w
I didn't say only the processor was fried did i ? Eventually I'd to change the processor, smps, the mb and the ram. The smps was out completely (burnt smell). The motherboard was also out though i dunno how they managed to know i'd overclocked it.
Since the lightning found it's way through the LAN cable i reckon the mb must've busted easily before it killed the smps. When i sent it in, the tech guys had said that they can repair the mb though performance would be questionable. So i imagine the mb was still alive. The processor and ram had to be changed because they couldn't get a mb that supported the athlon64 2800+ processor which i had and the ram was DDR1, so they had to go as well. The HDD,cd drives, etc were unhurt. What do you make of it ? Me, i'm done with the topic and hope something like this doesn't ever come up with the car.
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote