Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 30th August 2007, 19:19   #1

Default Pls guys!! Loan interest rates advise!!!

Dear Friends, i m very new here. but i m really amazed with kind of idea... well done moderators... it really helps any new car buyer...
within two days i m planning my new car as Honda Gxi, for which i m planning loan amt of 600000. and i've been offored rate of interest 9.29% deminishing & 4.77% flat. which makes my emi as 19027, total interest of 85933 for 36 months. no processing fees. preclosure panelty of 5%.. pls advise if the deal is worth signing or no. the guy is going to come tomorrow. pls help!!! and require your suggestion soon!!!!
rndsoft1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 19:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm the rate of interest sounds really good. And in fact at 9.29% monthly diminishing the EMI works out to 19161 and the interest paid should be 89793. So if your calculations are right you may very well be getting even less than 9.29% rate.

Only hitch is, I wonder whether the 5% pre-closure is not a tad too high. Nonetheless considering that you are anyhow going in for a 3 year loan and unless you seriously think you may want to foreclose it within 1.5 to 1.75 years (after that foreclosure is foolishness) there is no point in worrying about it.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 20:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rate is good, EMI is correct.
Usually they charge .1% as processing/administrative fee. In your case its comes to Rs 600. If possible, bargain and say you will pay the processing fee for zero pre-closure charges. In that case you can close the loan anytime you want without any hitch.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 20:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndsoft1 View Post
Dear Friends, i m very new here. but i m really amazed with kind of idea... well done moderators... it really helps any new car buyer...
within two days i m planning my new car as Honda Gxi, for which i m planning loan amt of 600000. and i've been offored rate of interest 9.29% deminishing & 4.77% flat. which makes my emi as 19027, total interest of 85933 for 36 months. no processing fees. preclosure panelty of 5%.. pls advise if the deal is worth signing or no. the guy is going to come tomorrow. pls help!!! and require your suggestion soon!!!!
hi sincere suggestion. why buy a new car and loose very heavily on interest and depreciation? why not a well maintained used vehicle? huge choices abound. think cooly. today, money saved is money earned!
nutmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 20:34   #5
BHPian

I think its a very good rate. Rates have increased from last April, so this is as good as the old rates.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 20:37   #6
BHPian

Those rates are good, go for it, 5% preclosure is a tad high, but all else is good. I really think it's a good deal at those rates.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 17:44   #7
BHPian

what bank is this ? the lowest rate here is 11.5%
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 18:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ok ! Have they asked you for 1 month prepayment of EMI?

Have you been offered any discount on the car. If not, the discount has probably been passed on to the financing bank and you would be getting a lesser rate of interest. Was this bank suggested by the dealer itself?

5% prepayment penalty is the norm. One of the reasons for giving lesser rate of interest is that you will pay the EMI for the entire tenure thus helping the bank make more money than when you preclose.

Find out if there is partial prepayment. Some banks have it, some don't.

Its also a good idea to directly approach other banks and see what kind of deal they have. Government banks sometimes have good deals except that the paperwork process and loan disbursement may take a tad longer.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 13:22   #9
BHPian

Please advise as to which bank is this? Looks like a steal!
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 15:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
coz if am not wrong it comes to 9.71% reducing balance. which i think is the best deal. try and negotioate to 9.00% which is the bank you have not mentioned.
How does thing work? Diminishing interest rates that is? Please elucidate...
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 16:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have another question related to this, do Loan rates vary based on the type of car you are buying ???

Does someone(who has already explored multiple banks) has a list of existing car loan rates compiled for various banks ???
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 16:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Loan rates vary based on the car you buy. If its a car with good resale value, the risk associated to the bank in case of non payment is less.

Next, there would be a tie up between the dealer and a bank. So the bank offers the best deals to the dealer who passes it on to the customer. Typically the dealer has a list of 3 banks that he has tie ups with.

There are a lot of hidden dealings that happen. The car dealer usually has a discount that he's ready to offer for a car. If you want very less interest rates he'll pass that discount on to the bank and the bank will give you a lesser rate of interest. Coz the bank already has some principal repaid !! This is not known.

Another is the pre-emi. You pay 1 emi right away. This they say will be fully deducted against the principal. Now obviously without any interest period you have repaid some amount of the principal. Therefore the interest rate offered to you is less.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 17:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

See this guy here got 4% off (3% cash payout + 1% EMI adjustment) out of the 14% car loan.
Old 26th September 2007, 12:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
See this guy here got 4% off (3% cash payout + 1% EMI adjustment) out of the 14% car loan.

All i can say is please check all fine prints before you go for it.
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 11:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

That should be done irrespective of the discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
All i can say is please check all fine prints before you go for it.