Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2017, 16:07   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,924
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Smile Re: Transfer Car insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
Is this kind of charge normal during insurance transfer?
It could be the NCB amount claimed by previous owner which will have to be returned back to the Insurance co and is on the pro rata basis. Pls confirm if this is the case.

Normal Insurance ownership transfer should not cost more than Rs 250/-.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 18:58   #32
BHPian
 
IcarusMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Transfer Car insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
It could be the NCB amount claimed by previous owner which will have to be returned back to the Insurance co and is on the pro rata basis. Pls confirm if this is the case.

Normal Insurance ownership transfer should not cost more than Rs 250/-.
Thanks Ghodlur, it's as you say. The RGI insurance agent called me back (maybe he read this thread ). Bulk of it is the NCB premium held by previous owner. He said otherwise the transfer fee is just Rs. 58 or something like that.
IcarusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 19:49   #33
Newbie
 
tp_dominator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Transfer Car insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
Thanks Ghodlur, it's as you say. The RGI insurance agent called me back (maybe he read this thread ). Bulk of it is the NCB premium held by previous owner. He said otherwise the transfer fee is just Rs. 58 or something like that.
Ghodlur is right. The amount might be due to the previous policy carrying NCB which you need to pay back to the company while transferring the policy on your name on a pro-rata basis. Otherwise, normal transfer charges for every company is Rs. 50 plus service tax of 15% which is roughly Rs. 58 total.

PSUs charge customers for pre-inspection also before transferring the insurance. In that case, one has to cough up the corresponding inspection charges.
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 20:54   #34
BHPian
 
IcarusMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Transfer Car insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Ghodlur is right. The amount might be due to the previous policy carrying NCB which you need to pay back to the company while transferring the policy on your name on a pro-rata basis. Otherwise, normal transfer charges for every company is Rs. 50 plus service tax of 15% which is roughly Rs. 58 total.

PSUs charge customers for pre-inspection also before transferring the insurance. In that case, one has to cough up the corresponding inspection charges.
I had to pay 200 bucks to the RGI guy who came to my place to inspect the car yesterday.

It'd be better if RGI had clearly spelled out the charges/fees in the emailed payment link instead of the bald direction to "pay Rs XXXX for changes requested in the policy through this payment link". Deliberate withholding of information to pre-empt those who'd be looking to transfer their NCB along with transfer of ownership? Sadly, very recently I had to file an insurance claim for broken windshield of my other car that I plan to sell off...
IcarusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unique case of insurance expiring in between ownership transfer carvoyeur Indian Car Loans & Insurance 24 10th August 2015 10:26
Beware of Fraud Insurance Agents - My experience with Reliance General Insurance panga007 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 4 17th February 2010 21:46
Bajaj Allianz car insurance without transfer pawan_pullarwar Indian Car Loans & Insurance 1 1st November 2007 14:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks