Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 28th October 2007, 13:06   #1
Default Insuring the vehicle passengers

By default, when the passenger vehicles are registered, the policy taken is Comprehensive.

The owner of the vehicle and the driver of the vehicle only are insured for a accident insurance coverage of Rs. 2 laks (this is only in case of an eventuality )

One can get the accidental insurance coverage done for the other passengers of the vehicle. It costs Rs. 50 per lak per passenger.
The maximum coverage that can be taken is Rs. 2 laks.
Hence the cost per passenger would be Rs. 100.

While buying the vehicle itself, this coverage can be taken or afterwards or while renewing the policy.

I have done this for my vehicles.

This was a tip given to me by my financial consultant.

iridium is offline   Reply With Quote