Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 15:49   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeet View Post
Actually the check is already issued but the insurrance will not kick in until 1 june, also just now I discovered that TATA AIG has no cashless facility, so am I screwed coz I dont know if there are any horror stories of TATA AIG with the no cashless facility
You should have checked this prior to issuing a cheque. but don't worry about the story's, Tata is not a bad company at all. Remember it next time.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 21:59   #152
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 17
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeet View Post
My father recently renewed our civics insurrance with Tata AIG, the previous one was United India. We have an Indigo also which also needed renewal. We were getting a discount with renewing the insurrance with both the cars. I live in Pune and my question is that in the service station list provided by the provider all of them are for TATA, will there be any problem with the CIVIC.
Tata AIG has got tie up garages for almost all makes. Pls check with the insurance co. They are good in claim settlement.
Rohini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 11:00   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

My cars insurance is due for renewal tomorrow, Presently have "Royal Sundaram" am confused whether to stick on with "RS" or try reliance?

I need to get it renewed byt tomorrow so need to make the call today..

So folks need your suggestion

FYi i own a Palio Adventure.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 11:20   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
My cars insurance is due for renewal tomorrow, Presently have "Royal Sundaram" am confused whether to stick on with "RS" or try reliance?

I need to get it renewed byt tomorrow so need to make the call today..

So folks need your suggestion

FYi i own a Palio Adventure.
Don't go to Reliance, They are good only in claim's.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 11:34   #155
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Thanks rjvora,

Previously have had "Oriental" & "United India" Insurance...
are they better/safer?

now my options are:

1 stick on to Royal Sundaram
2 Go for United India or Oriental
3 Tata AIG


Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Don't go to Reliance, They are good only in claim's.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 11:45   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Don't go to Reliance, They are good only in claim's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Thanks rjvora,

Previously have had "Oriental" & "United India" Insurance...
are they better/safer?

now my options are:

1 stick on to Royal Sundaram
2 Go for United India or Oriental
3 Tata AIG
Sirji I am sorry!!!

What I mean to tell you was Ril is good only in Quotations and not in claim's.

Once again sorry...

I personally don't prefer to go to Government insurance company for motor insurance. RS and Tata both are good, Bajaj is the best in the business.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 12:32   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

rjvora, agree with you on the "government insurance co"

Am looking into Bajaj Allainz now, but must say that they have a site which dont function properly on firefox and chrome...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 12:33   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

I know agents who deal with Oriental and United India insurance, going through this agents does it help?
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 16:09   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
rjvora, agree with you on the "government insurance co"

Am looking into Bajaj Allainz now, but must say that they have a site which dont function properly on firefox and chrome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I know agents who deal with Oriental and United India insurance, going through this agents does it help?
If you can find the Bajaj agent nothing better like it...

Agent will always help you in case of any problem in claims, policy related issue. I my self use Firefox and don't have any issue related to Bajaj site.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 18:27   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Anyone dealing with Royal Sundaram be careful

As mentioned in my earlier posts, my car presently has RS insurance, though the renwal dat had come very close i dint receive any renewal notice from them looking at this attitude i was not keen to go back to them..

But when i called their customer support the premium amount what they quoted was much lesser to Oriental or Reliance this did attarct me but raise some suspicion... when enquired they had reduced the "IDV" value by about 65% and as far as i know the depreciative value is 10% every year??

At this rate my car value would b peanuts in a year or 2...

When i asked on how did they come to this figure they told based on the market value...

Anyways i feel this is just the tip of the iceberg and am sure at the time of claim their might be 100s of other issues..

What i feel is to go for any insurance through a trusted agent...

Last edited by lohithrao : 9th June 2009 at 18:30.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 09:24   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
As mentioned in my earlier posts, my car presently has RS insurance, though the renwal dat had come very close i dint receive any renewal notice from them looking at this attitude i was not keen to go back to them..

But when i called their customer support the premium amount what they quoted was much lesser to Oriental or Reliance this did attarct me but raise some suspicion... when enquired they had reduced the "IDV" value by about 65% and as far as i know the depreciative value is 10% every year??

At this rate my car value would b peanuts in a year or 2...

When i asked on how did they come to this figure they told based on the market value...

Anyways i feel this is just the tip of the iceberg and am sure at the time of claim their might be 100s of other issues..

What i feel is to go for any insurance through a trusted agent...
I am surprised to know this... How can a insurance company reduce the IDV by 65% then last year?

This is really bad!!!
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 18:18   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,709
Thanked: 289 Times
Default

I just got the insurance policy for the car renewed online through the bajaj allianz website. It was a breeze, got the PDF instantly as well as the SMS.
Had some questions so tried their online chat support, was connected within 30 seconds. Very impressed.
Note: Please use only IE for transactions. Firefox doesnt work well with it.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 09:52   #163
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 679
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Any experiences with IFFCO ? Just heard that they are tooo good in claims aspect .

Thanks a lot
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 10:03   #164
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

rjvora, yea i was shocked to top its a lazy co, i got a call from them afetr the lapse of the insurance by then i had taken Oriental...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 10:31   #165
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Any experiences with IFFCO ? Just heard that they are tooo good in claims aspect.
Please check this with your work station that do they have a tie-up with them or not?
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection? Rehaan Gadgets, Computers & Software 943 11th July 2017 10:04
Best Life Insurance provider anonymous Shifting gears 380 28th February 2017 09:19
Am I being cheated by my mobile service provider?? Rotorhead Shifting gears 33 19th July 2009 20:21
Which is the better Car Insurance provider sydras Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3 2nd April 2008 15:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks