Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 25th September 2011, 11:18   #211
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Hi, I read in the beginning of this thread in a couple of posts that Sundaram was quite highly rated and responded well to claims and there were generally no hassles with them.
But that was back in 2008. Can anyone tell me if Sundaram is still good? I'm getting the best quotes from them.
I think they are still today one of the leading insurance companies and I have a car Insurance from them this year. Looking at the customer response RS had demonstarted to one of my office colleagues during claims was exceptionally good. This has prompted to continue with RS when my car Insurance is due for renewal in November.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 11:30   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys we just booked a Toyota altis diesel. The difference in insurance is between what the dealer is offering and whats available outside is huge. The SA told me they are tied up with only 4 companies and Toyota will honour cashless claims from only these: Iffco Tokyo, Icici lombard and 2 others. The dealer quoted the insurance for around 47k. I talked to an agent outside who handles tata aig and bajaj. He gave me a quote for 28k for the tata aig and 35 k for the bajaj( this one covers engine seizing issue too). All quotes are supposedly 0% Dep. Now I am totally confused as to what to opt for as the difference is quite a lot. The SA is not ready to bring down his figure and has apparently no issues with me getting the insurance done from outside.
There is no point in going for the Insurance from the dealer when you are getting it cheaper from outside. The alternate you can do is show the quote recd from other agent to the Toyota dealer and if still they stick to their quotes, take the Insurance from outside. Have you tried to match the agents quote with the online quotes available from the Insurance companies?
Before finalizing do take time to go through the policy document for those finer details, also confirm whether you are getting the zero % depreciation.
Old 25th September 2011, 11:48   #213
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Guys - what's the review on Future Generali insurance? They have a tie up with Fiat and the current offer include free 1st year insurance.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 25th September 2011 at 11:52.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 18:34   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There is no point in going for the Insurance from the dealer when you are getting it cheaper from outside. The alternate you can do is show the quote recd from other agent to the Toyota dealer and if still they stick to their quotes, take the Insurance from outside. Have you tried to match the agents quote with the online quotes available from the Insurance companies?
Before finalizing do take time to go through the policy document for those finer details, also confirm whether you are getting the zero % depreciation.
Yea I told the Dealer about the much lower quote and he did not reduce even a rupee from his quote. Toyota people are not ready to offer you any discount whatsoever. It is more of "take it or leave it" kind of attitude but the good thing was the SA wasn't pushy and didn't show any signs of displeasure even once. So I am mostly gonna go with Tata Aig from outside and get Vkool films and 3d mats from the money saved.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 22:46   #215
BHPian

Quote:
I think they are still today one of the leading insurance companies and I have a car Insurance from them this year. Looking at the customer response RS had demonstarted to one of my office colleagues during claims was exceptionally good. This has prompted to continue with RS when my car Insurance is due for renewal in November.
Thanks, but I already went ahead with New India Assurance. A search of Royal Sundaram on google gave too many results about cheating and non settlement of claims that I got scared away from it.

Anyway, happy to hear that you have had good experience with it.
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 16:31   #216
BHPian

Dont know if this is right thread to be posting this query, but I need help!

Renewed my existing Bajaj Allianz policy online, on Monday 27th December.

The transaction went through and the amount was debited from my account, but I did not receive any confirmation email or renewal confirmation/policy from Bajaj Allianz.

Called the Bajaj Allianz 1800 number and they said they will revert, sent numerous emails until today and I get the standard 'we will revert shortly' response email.

Now my existing policy expires midnight of 30th December, that is tomorrow, and I cannot buy another policy as I dont know who is at fault and where is my money.

Spoke to my bank and they say it will take 7 working days to investigate and resolve.

I have sent my bank account statement for the period to Bajaj Allianz customer care with all transaction details of the online payment as well, await their response.

Plz advise since my car will not be covered after tomorrow.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 17:02   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Yea I told the Dealer about the much lower quote and he did not reduce even a rupee from his quote. Toyota people are not ready to offer you any discount whatsoever. It is more of "take it or leave it" kind of attitude but the good thing was the SA wasn't pushy and didn't show any signs of displeasure even once. So I am mostly gonna go with Tata Aig from outside and get Vkool films and 3d mats from the money saved.
I do face same situation this week when I got to book my Liva in Kolkata and finally have to cancel the booking. I feel if they are so arrogant (they still have Liva diesel from December 2011 unsold) what problem I may face while in the service. They have clearly said that they will not provide cashless from any other Insurance providers. I am sure in this current competitive scenario this attitude really hurts both then as manufacturer and also as buyers.
Rup_Chatterjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 19:11   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rup_Chatterjee View Post
I do face same situation this week when I got to book my Liva in Kolkata and finally have to cancel the booking. I feel if they are so arrogant (they still have Liva diesel from December 2011 unsold) what problem I may face while in the service. They have clearly said that they will not provide cashless from any other Insurance providers. I am sure in this current competitive scenario this attitude really hurts both then as manufacturer and also as buyers.
Yea that kind of attitude sometimes ticks you off in the wrong way. But just want to tell you that the service part is totally good. These are just stupid gimmicks by the dealer but at the time of claim you should not face any problem. So if you are really keen on the Liva then call there bluff and go for it. Another way to go about it is if you can directly call Toyota customer care and get the clarification from them.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 20:30   #219
Senior - BHPian

Hello!!

My current car was insured by Maruti Showroom itself and the provider was national insurance. My current insurance is by Oriental. So the current company needs NCB certificate from the first.

So even after numerous reminders to their Delhi Office, they are mute on this. Any pointer how to go about this.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:14   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Yea that kind of attitude sometimes ticks you off in the wrong way. But just want to tell you that the service part is totally good. These are just stupid gimmicks by the dealer but at the time of claim you should not face any problem. So if you are really keen on the Liva then call there bluff and go for it. Another way to go about it is if you can directly call Toyota customer care and get the clarification from them.
Yeah I have called up the customer care and they have specifically told that insurance is dealt by the dealers and they do not have any hand in it. I have again called up their Sales Manager and they would not budge from their point. There are two showrooms for Toyota and both of them have same dealer principal. Hence I have to look for other options and I really liked Punto and booked it.
Rup_Chatterjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 14:09   #221
BHPian

Guys, need quick help.
Looking for second year insurance for my Tata Nano. National is quoting 4800 with IDV of 157000 with cashless facility at the garage where I go to for service. Iffco on the other hand is quoting Rs 4585 with IDV of 171000 but no cashless setup.
Which one should I go for? The existing insurance is with National.
avingodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 15:56   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Looking for second year insurance for my Tata Nano. National is quoting 4800 with IDV of 157000 with cashless facility at the garage where I go to for service. Iffco on the other hand is quoting Rs 4585 with IDV of 171000 but no cashless setup.
Which one should I go for? The existing insurance is with National.
I would suggest ask the workshop who else other than National do they have a cashless tie up with. You can do an online search too for the Insurer & the premiums quoted. PSU Insurers are a pain when it comes to claim settlement.
Old 15th October 2012, 00:15   #223
BHPian

Quote:
PSU Insurers are a pain when it comes to claim settlement.
i would disagree to the statement in that form.
mostly psu companies are serviced by agents. we had our old maruti insurance with new india assurance through an agent. we had a claim and it was settled very quickly and with minimum effort. the guy collected all documents from home and presented cheque at home within about a week.

if you have a known and trusted agent then PSU insurance is good. if you dont then stay away from psu as you will suffer the same fate as mussadi lal in 'office office'
guptavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 11:37   #224
BHPian

Was not sure which thread to add as there are lots of them already talking about motor insurance.

Saw this news today on increase in 3rd party insurance cost

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/18567844.cms
500ContyCruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 11:49   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The loss ratio in motor (TP) ranges between 120% and 200%, which implies for every Rs 100 premium collected payment ranges between Rs 120 and Rs 200. Sources close to the development said the maximum hike in premium price was proposed in the entry-level category because the accident rate is quite high in this segment. "The number of first-time owners is very high in this (below 1000CC) segment," a source said.
Here is the reason. What I am unable to understand is, every insurance, be it medical or vehicle, claims that they are in loss. Strange.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote