Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 28th June 2017, 16:15   #361
BHPian

Default Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Hi all!

My Zest XTA insurance expires on this 9 July.
So i was checking for Quotes.

My car is of July 2015.

I didnt opt for Insurance Aggregators, fearing their continuous calls, and directly checked on the websites of Bajaj Allianz, Tata AIG.

Got the following quotes
Bajaj Allianz - 23835 with IDV of 6.6lakhs
Tata AIG - 13742 with IDV of 6.6lakhs
TATA AiG - 13925 with IDV of 7lakhs

Existing Royal Sundaram quote is Rs.23422
IDV 6laks
😳
However couldn't see both those words - "cashless" and "zero dep" in Tata AiG quote.

Bajaj Allianz called me and said Rs.21k is their best quote with Zero Dep, Engine protect, and cashless facility.

Will now wait for TaTa AiG representatives to call.

Also checked ICICI Lombard website for a Quite, but the Quote query is stuck at "ex show room price" and does not take a figure. So abandoned that.

Please also suggest any other insurer I should check with.

Thanks in advance.
yogesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 08:07   #362
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesa View Post
Please also suggest any other insurer I should check with.
I would suggest, calculate the correct IDV in the first place. The IDV you quoted is more than last year's which means you are over insuring your vehicle and paying extra money in the premium. Next check out the Insurance co with which the Tata workshop has a cashless tie up. Get quotes from those Insurance co on their official websites and then compare. Since you are in the third year of ownership, opt for zero dep add on cover.

Check how much does the premium come down to with Bajaj Allianz if you drop the engine protect add on?

You need to do a bit of homework before you start the process of Insurance renewal.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote