Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 14:43   #106
BHPian
 
ajay2233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 10 Times
Default @Nishant

Yes , you are right,you will only get the green coupons.
I heard it has a validity period too .
I donot know how tata expects a person to get his engine decarbed 3 times in a year!!

I made a personal visit to TA office to find out what the coupons really were and found that they were service discounts!

Dont shift to BA bow as it will consume time and money.
TA does a good job in claim disbursal. to make out the 9000 loss get every thing possible done on insurance and shift ur policy to BA next year
these companies dont share databases so not to worry

Get your dents removed at a TA cashless center and ennjoy your coupons also to the max!
also get ur beauty 3 free waxes in a year!!
ajay2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 12:21   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 192
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Reliance

How is the feedback on Reliance Insurance? I am getting the best deal from them, but not very sure about their service and claim approval process.
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 15:59   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
How is the feedback on Reliance Insurance? I am getting the best deal from them, but not very sure about their service and claim approval process.
If you have any other option then try that first. Otherwise...

1. Check your policy/quote well.
2. Make sure your R.C. book information and policy information is same.
3. There is no extra Excess in the policy.

Remember none of the insurance company is bad in the market, every one has there own way of working. These are the general thing's which I told you to check in the policy.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 18:16   #109
BHPian
 
rkavthekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 201
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Any Feedback on HDFC Ergo Auto Insurance?

takecare and drive safely
rkavthekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 10:18   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Any Feedback on HDFC Ergo Auto Insurance?

takecare and drive safely
They have now Tie up with ERGO. I hope to get good service from them.

You have to see that, where you service your car, do insurance company has a tie up? If answer is yes I believe that's the best insurance company for you.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:29   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 192
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Thanks for the response.

What I realized was that you can stick to whatever insurance company you want to; Just share the deal offer you have and they will beat that price. You can actually do this multiple times to get the best possible deal.

Need to ensure that you start the process @15-20 days in advance of the expiry dat so that you have time to play around...

In my case, Bajaj Allianz did match the deail from Reliance, infact beat it by quite a margin and I am more than happy to stick to BA due to their proven track record (in my experience).
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 16:25   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Thanks for the response.

What I realized was that you can stick to whatever insurance company you want to; Just share the deal offer you have and they will beat that price. You can actually do this multiple times to get the best possible deal.

Need to ensure that you start the process @15-20 days in advance of the expiry dat so that you have time to play around...

In my case, Bajaj Allianz did match the deail from Reliance, infact beat it by quite a margin and I am more than happy to stick to BA due to their proven track record (in my experience).
Sirji that's called "Bargain Business"
I am really happy for you. Happy motoring.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 21:27   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: Once
Default Reliance,Chola, Bajaj

Hi,
I am renewing my car insurance and the lowest quote is from Reliance and Chola. Next is Bajaj Allianz and then Royal Sundaram...This is on NCB of 25%. Any advice on and for not going for the cheapest?
Swaroop77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 09:34   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop77 View Post
Hi,
I am renewing my car insurance and the lowest quote is from Reliance and Chola. Next is Bajaj Allianz and then Royal Sundaram...This is on NCB of 25%. Any advice on and for not going for the cheapest?
Go for Chola they have a good list of tie up garages in Mumbai. Please check with your garage.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:55   #115
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Renewing insurance

I would be renewing my car insurance tata indica DLG, till now my car was insured with TATA AIG. the car is of feb 2005 model and the break up is ;

IDV value : Rs. 2,00,000
Third Party(including PD, if opted) : 800
Own Damage : 5,909
Personal Accident : 125
PA Coverage for Owner-Driver : 100
Bonus or Loading/ Imposed Excess : 25% Bonus / 0
Amount payable : 7,791

The total premium amount is coming to be : Rs 7791/-

I have also taken the quotation from Reliance and their premium is coming out to be only Rs 5382 /-. I wonder how can that be possible ? Both of them has taken the IDV value to be the same. Only diff that I see is that reliance has given some 20% additional OD discount, what's that ?

I want to know how is the reputation of Reliance, how is there claim settlement process, is it trouble free. Earlier I had gone twice with TATA AIG insurance claims and that was hassle free and very smooth. Would like to get the opinion about Reliance and how is this Bajaj Alainz ?
usrivpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:38   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrivpx View Post
I would be renewing my car insurance tata indica DLG, till now my car was insured with TATA AIG. the car is of feb 2005 model and the break up is ;

IDV value : Rs. 2,00,000
Third Party(including PD, if opted) : 800
Own Damage : 5,909
Personal Accident : 125
PA Coverage for Owner-Driver : 100
Bonus or Loading/ Imposed Excess : 25% Bonus / 0
Amount payable : 7,791

The total premium amount is coming to be : Rs 7791/-

I have also taken the quotation from Reliance and their premium is coming out to be only Rs 5382 /-. I wonder how can that be possible ? Both of them has taken the IDV value to be the same. Only diff that I see is that reliance has given some 20% additional OD discount, what's that ?

I want to know how is the reputation of Reliance, how is there claim settlement process, is it trouble free. Earlier I had gone twice with TATA AIG insurance claims and that was hassle free and very smooth. Would like to get the opinion about Reliance and how is this Bajaj Alainz ?
Bajaj is doing very good in mumbai, I hope in your place too.

Ask Bajaj to give you quote an show them your Reliance quote too. There premium might be less then the reliance also.

This OD discount is a discount which is given by insurance company to their clients. This legal too.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 08:00   #117
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I checked with Bajaj and sadly there quote is coming to be the same as Tata, also now there are no free coupons for car wash, discount on spares etc ... I don't seems to trust this reliance ... I had horrible experiences with their mobile connection and their other products... If anybody has had any experiences with reliance (good or bad) then please share it me. I will be able to take a decision ..

Thanx
usrivpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 08:54   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrivpx View Post
I checked with Bajaj and sadly there quote is coming to be the same as Tata, also now there are no free coupons for car wash, discount on spares etc ... I don't seems to trust this reliance ... I had horrible experiences with their mobile connection and their other products... If anybody has had any experiences with reliance (good or bad) then please share it me. I will be able to take a decision ..

Thanx
I know lot of people who had bad one!!!
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 10:57   #119
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrivpx View Post
I checked with Bajaj and sadly there quote is coming to be the same as Tata, also now there are no free coupons for car wash, discount on spares etc ... I don't seems to trust this reliance ... I had horrible experiences with their mobile connection and their other products... If anybody has had any experiences with reliance (good or bad) then please share it me. I will be able to take a decision ..

Thanx
Since its Indica stick with Tata AIG. Difficult to get free stuff from Bajaj and also they charge loading or additional excess on Tata cars like Sumo, Indica, Indigo.

I would say stick to Tata AIG.

Last edited by F50 : 24th February 2009 at 10:58.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 23:36   #120
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
also they charge loading or additional excess on Tata cars like Sumo, Indica, Indigo.
hmm .. loading charges .. as I know in the premium break-up it should get clear if they are charging any. Also are you sure that Bajaj does that for Tata cars .. but why would that be only for Tata ?
usrivpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection? Rehaan Gadgets, Computers & Software 943 11th July 2017 10:04
Best Life Insurance provider anonymous Shifting gears 380 28th February 2017 09:19
Am I being cheated by my mobile service provider?? Rotorhead Shifting gears 33 19th July 2009 20:21
Which is the better Car Insurance provider sydras Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3 2nd April 2008 15:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks