Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 16th February 2008, 18:37   #1
Default Criteria for making an insurance claim?

My parked car (Indica Xeta GLS - Jul 06 purchase) got damaged with a medium sized dent on the front left door. The rubbing strip also got detached and stolen. I have comprehensive insurance, but has a Rs. 500 compulsary deductible, 50% depriciation on rubber/plastics and depriciation as applicable.

I wanted to know if making a claim is advisable. I have 2 considerations. If I make a claim, I pay a Rs. 500 deductible and other expenses due to depriciation. I would also miss the no-claim bonus for subsequent years. If I do not make the claim and repair it myself, I will have to pay the entire cost. What is the break even point between these two. What minimum amount of insurance claim should one have to make it worthwhile? Anyone can please advise?

Please send me a PM

Last edited by srh : 16th February 2008 at 18:43.
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 00:17   #2
Default Insurance claim process?

Someone scrapped my car yesterday in the parking lot. There are dents in the driver side doors. I want to know how to claim insurance for this. Someone told me I can go for self-claim or something and will not need to file an FIR. Is that correct, do we need FIR for making claims.
What should I take it forward?
markmytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 02:19   #3

Self claim should work. Just say you scraped the car while parking. No need for FIR.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote