Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 11th December 2016, 20:33   #16

Default Re: Third party insurance claims

I feel need to revive this thread as the rules may have changed/become convenient. Recently I renewed my insurance and the same thought came into my mind that there are occasions where without my mistake I had to claim the damages on my own insurance losing no claim bonus and incurring minimum co-pay. If both parties agree on whose mistake it is, is there a way to claim third party insurance with same amount of ease as your own claim? Any of the forum members have tried this and can share their experiences?
kautilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2016, 18:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Third party insurance claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by kautilya View Post
I feel need to revive this thread as the rules may have changed/become convenient. Recently I renewed my insurance and the same thought came into my mind that there are occasions where without my mistake I had to claim the damages on my own insurance losing no claim bonus and incurring minimum co-pay. If both parties agree on whose mistake it is, is there a way to claim third party insurance with same amount of ease as your own claim? Any of the forum members have tried this and can share their experiences?
To claim third party insurance from the other guy's insurer, you need an FIR. No other option. That's what my understanding is.

If the other person agrees to his mistake, why not get the co-pay and NCB loss amount recovered from him. Would work out less than paying for entire damage surely.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote