Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 16:31   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, it's good to know that good discounts on renewals are being given by some private companies. But how fast are they at settling claims?
This apart, claims are more hassle-free if one takes insurance through the dealer. Most dealers don't have Royal Sundaram on their list in Hyd for Ford and Maruti cars.
My opinion will differ a bit hear. It is better if you insure the car with agents rather then dealers. because they can help you more in case if you want to do the change of address or if you need a NCB certificate etc. It is important that the agent whom you are working with should be intelligent. who has a good contact in the insurance company.

Before renewal one thing more you can do is check with your dealer and ask him which company insurance he will give you cashless go for that company insurance but agent is must.

I personally will not prefer the dealer insurance because
1 Dealer don't have much contact in the insurance company. (other then claims)
2 I don't have any personal relation with dealer
3 He is not questionable even if he doesn't send me renewal notice or reminder.
4 He will never be like a professional insurance agent.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,264
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
My opinion will differ a bit hear. It is better if you insure the car with agents rather then dealers. because they can help you more in case if you want to do the change of address or if you need a NCB certificate etc. It is important that the agent whom you are working with should be intelligent. who has a good contact in the insurance company.

Before renewal one thing more you can do is check with your dealer and ask him which company insurance he will give you cashless go for that company insurance but agent is must.

I personally will not prefer the dealer insurance because
1 Dealer don't have much contact in the insurance company. (other then claims)
2 I don't have any personal relation with dealer
3 He is not questionable even if he doesn't send me renewal notice or reminder.
4 He will never be like a professional insurance agent.
You may be right about getting help from the agent for change of address and NCB. But my experience of taking ICICI Lombard from the Ford dealer proved to be good so far. On two occasions, I had to claim and both were cashless. I never had to visit the service centre when the surveyor went there.
I've always got renewal reminders from Ford as well as from Maruti for both my cars.
There was another thread about some poor bloke whose Honda Civic got water-logged and the trauma he had to go through. He too recommended taking insurance from the dealer to avoid the trauma he'd suffered.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 17:04   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You may be right about getting help from the agent for change of address and NCB. But my experience of taking ICICI Lombard from the Ford dealer proved to be good so far. On two occasions, I had to claim and both were cashless. I never had to visit the service centre when the surveyor went there.
I've always got renewal reminders from Ford as well as from Maruti for both my cars.
There was another thread about some poor bloke whose Honda Civic got water-logged and the trauma he had to go through. He too recommended taking insurance from the dealer to avoid the trauma he'd suffered.
hmmm... It is good that you are getting a good service. I am not against the dealer insurance at all, but what i am saying is 'it is better for you' that's it.

Your experience and my experience can differ. That's OK
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 13:57   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,402
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Psu

Please insure with PSU insurers.that way you can be sure that they will be around tomorrow!!!!
long live Public Sector
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 17:05   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Please insure with PSU insurers.that way you can be sure that they will be around tomorrow!!!!
long live Public Sector
this statement is....

But still to answer your request (As your statement starts with "Please") This is the condition of the PSU, people have to make a request to insure the property with them.

Just to give you a figure of August 2008.

Total general insurance premium growth (Compare to last year) is at 12.45% and private company growth is at 20.05% and PSU growth 7.53%.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 20:35   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My 2 bits:

1. Ensure that the agent is an authorised one. Ask for proof.
2. Calculate the premium yourself using any of the premia calculators on the Net.
3. Get everything in writing before handing over the cheque.
4. Check that none of the usual covers have been excluded.
5. Make sure they are maintaining an acceptable IDV. Some insurers lower the IDV and claim that there quote is much cheaper etc.
hit the nail right on the head friend,
this has happened to a friend of mine.
f50xj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:31   #37
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 728
Thanked: 589 Times
Default

An update:

Got my 3rd year Insurance Renewal from Bajaj Allianz. Got it transferred from Royal Sundaram.

35% discount on the Premium - Paid 6900/- (Double checked with Premium Calculators on the net). Also got a 2N/3D voucher from Travelport valid till Feb 2009. The hotels seem pretty ok for a weekend stay.

Thanks a ton Rupesh for all the advice!
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:39   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
An update:

Got my 3rd year Insurance Renewal from Bajaj Allianz. Got it transferred from Royal Sundaram.

35% discount on the Premium - Paid 6900/- (Double checked with Premium Calculators on the net). Also got a 2N/3D voucher from Travelport valid till Feb 2009. The hotels seem pretty ok for a weekend stay.

Thanks a ton Rupesh for all the advice!
Hi friend,

Please use this voucher and let me know (for my knowledge) because I have never believed in this voucher. How can company offer such a big discount on such a small premium.

cheers.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 00:28   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
I recently renewed my NHC insurance with Royal Sundaram and i got about 30% discount in addition to the 20% NCB. In fact, when RS sent the renewal notice, they gave a little discount %, but then i was also approached by another direct sales agent guy for RS and he got me additional discounts and i saved about rs.1500 through this sales guy.

The offering on headlights/tailights are quite nice and worth considering as well. Also, i have availing RS for many years now and its' been hassle free so far, touch wood.

Where did you get this calculator?
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 08:29   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Where did you get this calculator?
There are lot of website gives you quotation for free. Insurance companies website also has this calculation available for free.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 18th December 2008 at 08:35.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 14:53   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Yup, I've seen those calculators. This looked to be one from Royal Sundaram and I couldn't find it in their site.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 16:08   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Yup, I've seen those calculators. This looked to be one from Royal Sundaram and I couldn't find it in their site.
Have a look at this site Insurance India,Online Insurance,Insurance In India,Online Insurance India

Remember don't finalize with them. I think they are charging high but still you will get the tentative idea of them.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Experience with Royal Sundaram Insurance (Total Loss Case) Jignesh Indian Car Loans & Insurance 12 24th September 2012 14:22
My Worst Experience with Royal Sundaram and Maruti Dealer ForeRunner Indian Car Loans & Insurance 17 12th November 2011 21:45
Swift Dzrie Vdi Rightful Insurance claim denied - Beware of Royal Sundaram CHEATERS ! ThE_DoN Indian Car Loans & Insurance 152 4th May 2011 11:40
Honda giving corporate discount to our company. snaronikar The Indian Car Scene 27 9th October 2008 15:25
Manipal Motors Giving Free Insurance on Safari DICOR dadu Indian Car Dealerships 2 21st June 2007 13:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks