Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 4th November 2008, 15:54   #46
BHPian

Last Sunday, me. Sankar, redfire, and a couple of others went for a small ride on our bikes. We were stopped by the police and asked for the papers. We told them about the issue and they were happy to accept the photostat copy that Sankar had. They also said that the bank had no right to the RC book.

Next thing you know Sankar was asking them to write him a ticket saying that he was travelling without proper documentation. The SI looked startled and said that he could not do that since Sankar had the photostat copy.
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 18:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Next thing you know Sankar was asking them to write him a ticket saying that he was travelling without proper documentation. The SI looked startled and said that he could not do that since Sankar had the photostat copy.
Your wish could have been fullfilled with out asking in Bangalore specially in month end / begining when traffic police has to fullfill monthly quota , Yes each Traffic police thana has a monthly quota of legal fine collection
they usually try to complete that in month end/begining and do not accept any slightest irregularily and give you a ticket.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 08:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
specially in month end / begining when traffic police has to fullfill monthly quota , Yes each Traffic police thana has a monthly quota of legal fine collection
they usually try to complete that in month end/begining and do not accept any slightest irregularily and give you a ticket.
I agree, it works the same here too. anytime from 20th onwards till 5th or so is a great time to get stopped for anything silly!

Also, I should add, that most of the tickets given to us are fake!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 20:37   #49
BHPian

put in a mail to a senior executive of HDFC bank stating your problem. as far as i know HDFC does not keep RC books of customers with them. i think your loan must have been given to you by an Direct sales associate of HDFC.
f50xj13 is offline   Reply With Quote