Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:37   #1621
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,693
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
My insurance is for renewal by Oct 4th. I got quotes from tata-aif and bajaj allianz

tata aig
12082 for an IDV of 412131

bajaj alianz
14843 for an IDV of 460000
Are these quotes on the higher side?

I had made a claim in my current policy. So there is no NCB
What was your IDV last year?

Both premium are different because both companies have taken different IDVs and both have given about same discount.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:01   #1622
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 270
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Hi team,my swift has arrived at the dealer but due to pitru paksha I am taking delivery on 28th. I would be taking insurance on my own,as dealer is giving costlier. I am buying online from HDFC ergo, will the printout of the policy be good enough for registration purpose at the RTO?
Also besides engine no and chasis no what else do I need for purchasing insurance. The regn no will not be there at the time of taking the policy.
Do I have to first register and then take insurance or its the other way round.
Plz throw some light. I am stuck in a chicken and egg question
inder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:15   #1623
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
What was your IDV last year?

Both premium are different because both companies have taken different IDVs and both have given about same discount.
Quote from Tata Aig 13100 for IDV of 453000. Last years IDV was 460000
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:08   #1624
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,693
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Quote from Tata Aig 13100 for IDV of 453000. Last years IDV was 460000
Quote looks good. Ideally your IDV should be between 415,000 to 425,000.
Higher IDV will only help you at the time of claim or else you are just going to pay higher premium.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 11:43   #1625
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi team,my swift has arrived at the dealer but due to pitru paksha I am taking delivery on 28th. I would be taking insurance on my own,as dealer is giving costlier. I am buying online from HDFC ergo, will the printout of the policy be good enough for registration purpose at the RTO?
Also besides engine no and chasis no what else do I need for purchasing insurance. The regn no will not be there at the time of taking the policy.
Do I have to first register and then take insurance or its the other way round.
Plz throw some light. I am stuck in a chicken and egg question
@Inder
Yes, the printout of the premium receipt would be sufficient for registration and this has to be done before the vehicle goes for registration. For taking the Insurance online, you will need apart from the engine no and chassis no, the model variant and this should be in the database of the Insurance company. Many a times the database is not updated and the Cost of the vehicle shown in the website is different from what is the actual exshowroom cost. You need to change that in the wesbite to arrive at the correct IDV.

Hope this helps.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 12:03   #1626
BHPian
 
Skyline GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 594
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Hi, 1 specific question. A truck kissed my Figo's (4 months old) rear right mudguard yesterday. He paid rs 1000/- as compromise. Ford says it will be rs 2300/- for denting + painting.

Is it wise to claim insurance / put the balance 1300/- from my pocket & pay for the repair?

I plan to have full cover insurance for only 3 years.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 12:19   #1627
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Hi, 1 specific question. A truck kissed my Figo's (4 months old) rear right mudguard yesterday. He paid rs 1000/- as compromise. Ford says it will be rs 2300/- for denting + painting.

Is it wise to claim insurance / put the balance 1300/- from my pocket & pay for the repair?

I plan to have full cover insurance for only 3 years.
Better to not claim the insurance since you will be saving more than the 1300/- which you will pay extra for the damages in the NCB for the next year. Pay from the pocket and move on.

Surprising how the truck driver parted with some money.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 23:20   #1628
BHPian
 
Skyline GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 594
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Thanks ghodlur,

I will check & get it done at @ TVS workshop, supposedly they charge much less than Ford bodyshop.

OT: My car was parked. Truck driver would have paid more (i was insisiting on the 2000 + VAT :-) as informed by Ford Bodyshop SA) but some local drivers made a union, intervened & reduced the amount. Since i was alone, took the 1000 bucks & scooted from the scene before they made flags & sat around my car.
"CAUTION: Kerala"
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 08:56   #1629
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,169
Thanked: 2,939 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Hi guys. I would be taking the delivery of my new altis this month end and decided to get the 0% dep policy from tata aig as the dealer quoted insurance was priced way too high. I was looking at the 4 packages of Tata Aig and decided to go for the pearl package. The main difference between this and the top end platinum package is mainly the " Return to Invoice" feature. I wanted to seek some clarification on this and know where all does this actually apply? Does it apply also if my car gets stolen? Or applicable only when its an accidental case beyond repair?

If it includes returning to invoice in case of a theft then I will be willing to go for this. Otherwise Will buy pearl. Please advice.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 14:19   #1630
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 270
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Thanks Ghodlur, as you said many of the insurers have not updated the new swift in their database,so have to provide IDV on my own. Also HDFC ergo is quoting the least premium. Trying to buy online from them, but website is asking regn no. , and is not moving further. I have selected new vehicle option still regn no. box is not de-activated.
inder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 14:56   #1631
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

I suggest call up the HDFC Ergo toll free number on their website. They will help you out in this case.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:06   #1632
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 132
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Need the experts opinion on an insurance claim for my 4 year old Santro.

A speeding truck on the highway caused some loose gravel to fly and hit my windshield. The windshield now has 2 big cracks and I fear that the windshield might fall apart any moment.

My insurance is due for renewal this Dec. Should i avoid claiming insurance and spend from my pocket to get it fixed or do I claim for the insurance and lose the NCB..

Please suggest..

Last edited by s@tan2s@int : 26th September 2011 at 19:23.
s@tan2s@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 21:26   #1633
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,903
Thanked: 2,925 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int
Need the experts opinion on an insurance claim for my 4 year old Santro.

A speeding truck on the highway caused some loose gravel to fly and hit my windshield. The windshield now has 2 big cracks and I fear that the windshield might fall apart any moment.

My insurance is due for renewal this Dec. Should i avoid claiming insurance and spend from my pocket to get it fixed or do I claim for the insurance and lose the NCB..

Please suggest..
How much is the ncb?
i spent 3500 on my santros rear screen.
front should be approximately 1,2 k more?

if insurer is same,i dont think theyll do an inspection for renewal.
if you get my drift.

Last edited by mayankk : 26th September 2011 at 21:28.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 08:47   #1634
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Need the experts opinion on an insurance claim for my 4 year old Santro.

A speeding truck on the highway caused some loose gravel to fly and hit my windshield. The windshield now has 2 big cracks and I fear that the windshield might fall apart any moment.

My insurance is due for renewal this Dec. Should i avoid claiming insurance and spend from my pocket to get it fixed or do I claim for the insurance and lose the NCB..

Please suggest..
If the cost of the windshield repairs is less than the NCB amount which you can save during the next renewal, then pay from the pocket otherwise claim Insurance. Coz once you claim Insurance anyways your premium is going to increase for the next year.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 12:18   #1635
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,693
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi guys. I would be taking the delivery of my new altis this month end and decided to get the 0% dep policy from tata aig as the dealer quoted insurance was priced way too high. I was looking at the 4 packages of Tata Aig and decided to go for the pearl package. The main difference between this and the top end platinum package is mainly the " Return to Invoice" feature. I wanted to seek some clarification on this and know where all does this actually apply? Does it apply also if my car gets stolen? Or applicable only when its an accidental case beyond repair?

If it includes returning to invoice in case of a theft then I will be willing to go for this. Otherwise Will buy pearl. Please advice.
From what I read, the policy wordings doesn't mention theft. It mentions Total Loss or Constructive Total Loss. So i am assuming theft is not covered.

You should also look at Bajaj Allianz and Future Generali as they offer engine cover as well which Tata doesn't offer.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health insurance queries? Ask me! Haste Shifting gears 350 22nd November 2016 19:29
Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section rocksterraghu In-Car Entertainment 695 9th August 2016 07:54
Automobile Insurance - FAQ rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 71 28th October 2015 18:28
P-150 classic for sale .What can i ask for jango Motorbikes 1 31st March 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks