Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 17th April 2009, 18:24   #166
BHPian

Thanks for your reply Rupesh. I am inclined towards Bajaj but they are not offering any discounts. I will finalize and update on this in the coming week.
girish.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 11:09   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Thanks for your reply Rupesh. I am inclined towards Bajaj but they are not offering any discounts. I will finalize and update on this in the coming week.
But I think they have already given you the discount in the quote please ask them to give you quote in writing...

That will help you understand the quote better.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 14:27   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
My Palio Multijet's insurance expires in Jun and I have already got calls from Reliance with some quotes. The present one is TATA AIG and I paid about 15k when I bought the car and the IDV was 4.56L.
Now, Reliance called up and said they would offer me 30% discout + NCB if I renew with them. This looks attractive and I checked with my service station they have cashless with Royal Sundaram, Reliance, ICICI Lombard, Bajaj (coming soon) and some others.
I did checkout online quotes and Bajaj is quoting 10,445 and Royal Sundaram is quoting 8,547 which is quite low. They both mention approx 4L as IDV which is low I think.
My service station guys said that RS gives a better deal according to his experience with customers and also covers 100% for plastic parts too. He said Reliance is good too.
I have my bike insured with Bajaj and prefer to go with them going by the feedbacks from others they seem to be good but I don't have any personal experience since I haven't made a claim until now.

Guys what are your opinions
I got another offer, this one from HDFC-Ergo,
IDV:4,10,400
TP:925
Tax:10.3%
Premium:9343

This looks good too, any opinions of this provider?
Also how about insuring ICE? what are the rates?
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 17:15   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
But I think they have already given you the discount in the quote please ask them to give you quote in writing...

That will help you understand the quote better.
Yes Rupesh, the Bajaj offer is with 25% discount and Reliance/Bharati AXA are with 40% discount. However I havent received anything in written, all discussions going on over phone.
girish.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 18:44   #170
BHPian

Pls forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered. Pls do it one more time for me.

I have already bought a used Siena. It has insurance till March 2010. I m planning to buy a used Innova with has insurance till Arpil 2010.

Can i transfer the insurance to my name like i transfer name in the Car RTO book?
Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 09:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Pls forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered. Pls do it one more time for me.

I have already bought a used Siena. It has insurance till March 2010. I m planning to buy a used Innova with has insurance till Arpil 2010.

Can i transfer the insurance to my name like i transfer name in the Car RTO book?
Yes sir, by paying little amount you can get the insurance done in your name.
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:10   #172
BHPian

Just now spoke to an agent from Tata AIG regarding the renewal of my insurance. He was touting a new feature from them, that they were providing 6 months warranty for the parts changed during an insurance claimed.

I told him that that parts would be covered under my extended/normal warranty. But he claimed that this is not the case, normal/extended warranty covered only those parts not changed during accidental repair.

I could not agree with him, also had a argument earlier in the conversation when he said the standard for 1st year depreciation was 20%.
anandtheleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:48   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post

There is a form or a letter which need to be signed by seller to transfer the insurance to your name and you need a proof of sale which is RTA endorsment in the Registration certificate.
It is a simple process, and its best to do it at earliest.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Just now spoke to an agent from Tata AIG regarding the renewal of my insurance. He was touting a new feature from them, that they were providing 6 months warranty for the parts changed during an insurance claimed.

I told him that that parts would be covered under my extended/normal warranty. But he claimed that this is not the case, normal/extended warranty covered only those parts not changed during accidental repair.

I could not agree with him, also had a argument earlier in the conversation when he said the standard for 1st year depreciation was 20%.
This can not be true. The warranty is given by the Car company or the dealer and not by the insurance company. This is valid with all the insurance company including Chola, Hdfc and Bajaj too. - I had check with them.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:43   #175
BHPian

2007 Maruti ALTO

Renewal in May 2009

Current Provider: Cholamandalam

1) My Query: Should I stick to Chola or should I switch to Maruti Insurance (Bajaj Alliance / Royal Sundaram)?

There was no claim during the last 1 year. What are the discounts I should ask for?

2) Problem: After renewal the policy papers for 2008 were not sent to me by Cholamandalam. Since there was no claims made in the past one year I didnt bother to check. Now Cholamandalam Regional Office is telling me that they can't provide the policy documents for this year instead they'll send someone to renew the policy. Is it possible for me to get the policy papers for 2008 from Chola say if I want to switch providers.

Please help.

Last edited by sabret00the : 29th April 2009 at 12:01.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 15:43   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
2007 Maruti ALTO

Renewal in May 2009

Current Provider: Cholamandalam

1) My Query: Should I stick to Chola or should I switch to Maruti Insurance (Bajaj Alliance / Royal Sundaram)?

There was no claim during the last 1 year. What are the discounts I should ask for?

2) Problem: After renewal the policy papers for 2008 were not sent to me by Cholamandalam. Since there was no claims made in the past one year I didnt bother to check. Now Cholamandalam Regional Office is telling me that they can't provide the policy documents for this year instead they'll send someone to renew the policy. Is it possible for me to get the policy papers for 2008 from Chola say if I want to switch providers.

Please help.
Give me policy no. of Chola I can help on this.

If you are not happy working with chola I would advice you to shift to Bajaj they are good.

One more point :- At the time of claim Chola is deducting 8% salvage from the claim which is wrong according me. - It's better to shift.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Give me policy no. of Chola I can help on this.

If you are not happy working with chola I would advice you to shift to Bajaj they are good.

One more point :- At the time of claim Chola is deducting 8% salvage from the claim which is wrong according me. - It's better to shift.
Thanks a lot for your assistance Sir.

I dont want to give out my Policy number in public forum so is it anyways possible for me to pm or email the same to you?

Can you pm me your mobile number if that is possible?

Once again thanks for the help.
Old 30th April 2009, 00:18   #178
BHPian

@ rjvora_2000: Does it really help to have a Anti Theft Device (eg. Xenos Central Locking or Autocop) installed in the car with respect to Insurance Premium. Can one get additional discount on the premium amount if such a device is installed. Further, does one need to furnish the bill of the Anti Theft device to the insurance company to avail of the additional discount if any.
Old 30th April 2009, 21:15   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone ,

The insurance for my maruti 800 has expired about 3 years back. Havn't got around to getting it renewed.Now could you please tell me what should i do.Should i take a new policy from another insurance comapny or do i go back and tell them about it. Will any penalty apply?If yes then how much ? Please suggest
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 22:03   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
@ rjvora_2000: Does it really help to have a Anti Theft Device (eg. Xenos Central Locking or Autocop) installed in the car with respect to Insurance Premium. Can one get additional discount on the premium amount if such a device is installed. Further, does one need to furnish the bill of the Anti Theft device to the insurance company to avail of the additional discount if any.
Why not insure the Anti Theft Device too?
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote