Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 3rd March 2012, 22:20   #1816

Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Thanks folks for your advice. Royal Sundaram had erred on their part. They gave me a new quote for 24000 including the additional riders and I renewed my insurance.

Cheers
SanScorp
SanScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 14:37   #1817
BHPian

I am buying a Brio S-MT at ex-showroom price of Rs.4,35,000/- in Gurgaon.

Honda sales executive has given me 2 options:

* Zero depreciation insurance - Rs.16.141/-
* Normal insurance - Rs.13,119/-

Is this the right quot given by him?

Also, is it worth paying 3k more for zero depreciation insurance ?

Thanks.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 15:28   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Not sure if the quotes you are getting are fine but yes, do go in for the zero-dep policy. Definitely worth it.

Is this by Honda Assure?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 15:33   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

Not sure if the quotes you are getting are fine but yes, do go in for the zero-dep policy. Definitely worth it.

Is this by Honda Assure?
Yes. It is Honda Assure.
Old 5th March 2012, 15:33   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
I am buying a Brio S-MT at ex-showroom price of Rs.4,35,000/- in Gurgaon.

Is this the right quot given by him?

Thanks.
I feel the quotes are slightly on the higher side. For a new car with IDV of 4.3L, premium should not be more than 10-11K. If its a new car I suggest you should go in for the zero dep addon, definitley helps a lot in case of any claim.

BTW have you tried getting online quotes from Insurers websites since the dealers are known to fleece customers in paying a few thousands extra for the Insurance.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 15:39   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
BTW have you tried getting online quotes from Insurers websites since the dealers are known to fleece customers in paying a few thousands extra for the Insurance.
Thanks. I will get online quotes and compare.
Old 5th March 2012, 22:54   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I will get online quotes and compare.

I always suggest Honda Assure apparently thats the only one which Honda Dealers give cashless claims . So in case of Claim it is has less head aches , I had a bad experiance with National in claim processing, they dont even share the calculations to reach the final amount. Took almost a month after multiple follow ups to get the claim .. Yes ofcourse they offered the least amt premium for my City
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 23:10   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
Please call up the Bajaj Allianz helpline number and check with them regarding the claim limit in case of 0% dep insurance. I highly doubt that one can claim as many times as one wants and get the benefit of the 0% dep clause.

The policy documents usually mentions that the claim can be made only 1/2 times per year. Do not take the words of the Service Manager, check before you take the policy.

SD
I had a word with Bajaj Allianz about the Honda Assure Zero Dep policy and they did not have a clue about the limit with the zero dep claim.

Then I had a word with a GM in Ring Road Honda (Peeraghari), she said that it is indeed unlimited number of zero dep claims under Honda Assure.

Very surprising indeed as I could easily claim for every scratch I get on my car.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 13:50   #1824
BHPian

I am taking delivery of a Swift diesel from Pratham motors Bangalore. They have tie-ups with 3 companies, National, ICICI and Royal Sundaram.

I wanted the zero-depreciation policy, I think only TATA AIG and Bajaj Allianz provide this. Pratham motors claim that they do not have cashless tie-up with these providers, so I will have to take care of all the formalities for a claim if I go with them. Is this true?

My insurance amount is coming to around Rs.19xxx from the dealer for Swift ZDi (OTR 8.16). Does it sound right?

Last edited by jingaboysr : 7th March 2012 at 13:52.
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 14:50   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I am taking delivery of a Swift diesel from Pratham motors Bangalore. They have tie-ups with 3 companies, National, ICICI and Royal Sundaram.

I wanted the zero-depreciation policy, I think only TATA AIG and Bajaj Allianz provide this.
Royal Sundaram also has zero dep add on for the car insurance, refer the link
Royal Sundaram | Car Insurance | What is Covered-Coverages and Discounts available for your Car | Add-on Covers

Try to get an online quote on their website and compare with others. Before you take the policy pls do take some time to read the fine print and get any clarifications if required from the Insurer.
Old 7th March 2012, 15:21   #1826
BHPian

Just got off the phone with TATA-AIG. They claim to have cashless with the dealer, looking like the sales guy at Pratham was trying to take me for a ride.
I got a quotation of 19,500 from tata-aig, including zero-dep.

Let me check royal sundaram website.

Among TATA, BAJAJ and Royal Sundaram, which one should I prefer?

Last edited by jingaboysr : 7th March 2012 at 15:23.
Old 7th March 2012, 15:35   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Just got off the phone with TATA-AIG. They claim to have cashless with the dealer, looking like the sales guy at Pratham was trying to take me for a ride.
I got a quotation of 19,500 from tata-aig, including zero-dep.

Let me check royal sundaram website.

Among TATA, BAJAJ and Royal Sundaram, which one should I prefer?
Contact the workshop guys to get the first hand information about cashless claims or talk to the guy who deals with Insurance. The SA's generally are unaware of the Insurance process.

Amongst the three prefer the one who process the claims faster - again refer to the workshop guys. They will give you the clue.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:00   #1828
BHPian

I can't thank you enough Ghodlur!

I spoke to Royal Sundaram, and they quoted Rs.17000 for insurance with no claim bonus and other add-ons.

The funny part is, dealer quoted 19500 for normal insurance from Royal sundaram, but when I checked directly, it comes to only Rs13000. Rs.7000 difference!!! They really are taking customers for a ride!
Old 9th March 2012, 21:39   #1829
Senior - BHPian

My car insurance with royal sundaram(done through maruti) is expiring on 20th of April. However, I got a call from Bimal (maruti dealer) asking me to renew the insurance this month itself as there is a chance of increase in premium after the budget. Is this true? Should I renew the insurance this month itself to escape from the hike in premium?
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 00:33   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My car insurance with royal sundaram(done through maruti) is expiring on 20th of April. However, I got a call from Bimal (maruti dealer) asking me to renew the insurance this month itself as there is a chance of increase in premium after the budget. Is this true? Should I renew the insurance this month itself to escape from the hike in premium?
I don't know what truth there is to the premium-will-be-hiked-after-budget story; just out of curiosity, is it a diesel vehicle?

Anyway, even if you renew Insurance now, it will kick in only after the current policy expires. So, you don't lose anything apart from the interest on that amount.

Royal Sundaram allows policies to be renewed within a 15-day window prior to existing policy expire.

http://www.royalsundaram.in/insta-renew.aspx

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th March 2012 at 00:35.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote