Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 30th June 2012, 22:53   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
If the accident is minor then you can go ahead with SBI after waiting for 2-3 days but if it is major accident involving FIR etc then you have no option except future generally.
A truck rammed into the rear door of my Civic and sped off.Nobody was hurt and i was not able to note the truck's no etc and have also not filed a FIR.I guess i wouldn't call it a major accident but the damage is to the tune of 20k.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 00:18   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
A truck rammed into the rear door of my Civic and sped off.Nobody was hurt and i was not able to note the truck's no etc and have also not filed a FIR.I guess i wouldn't call it a major accident but the damage is to the tune of 20k.
I too had an minor accident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2804122.

I waited for 3-4 days to notice any police activity and gave the car for insurance claim. I mentioned the date of accident same as the date of handling over the car to insurance guys. But I mentioned the same cause of accident/place. They will hardly read that, it's just a formality. In my case damage was around 11K. So you can go ahead the way you want.

Problem arises when there is any FIR/Hospital thingy etc.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 07:27   #2058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too had an minor accident http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2804122.

I waited for 3-4 days to notice any police activity and gave the car for insurance claim. I mentioned the date of accident same as the date of handling over the car to insurance guys. But I mentioned the same cause of accident/place. They will hardly read that, it's just a formality. In my case damage was around 11K. So you can go ahead the way you want.

Problem arises when there is any FIR/Hospital thingy etc.
thanks bluevolt 1 more query.If i were to make claim how much will my NCB will be deducted ? My premium is 10.8 K, so how much rise can i expect in my next renewal.For instance FG has a renewal premium of ~ 13.5 K but their renewal letter which was sent to me stated that incase of a claim i would have to shell out ~21.5K next time as permium. Would my SBI premium also increase to the same level ? My car was bought used and is a 2007 model.

thanks.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 1st July 2012 at 07:30.
Old 1st July 2012, 12:04   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks bluevolt 1 more query.If i were to make claim how much will my NCB will be deducted ? .
Sorry mate, No idea about NCB. I didn't asked about NCB thing from insurance guys but will let you know if I get any info about this.

Till then other members are requested to clear the doubt.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:39   #2060
BHPian

Default Maruti Insurance Via Chowgule

Hello Team,

I have a 2 year old Saruti Ritz due for insurance renewal. Wanted to know what insurance companies have tie up with Maruti Service centers. Does it make sense to go for Maruti's insurance or does it make sense to go with other private or govt insurance companies? Currently Maruti is quoting some 8500 while Bajaj and others are quoting 6000-8000 rs for a year.

Mod: Did not know where to post it. Please move this Q to appropriate forum if not correct.

S
nayaksrinivasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:43   #2061
Senior - BHPian

If the car insurance incorrectly wrote the variant and/or model of the car, whose mistake is that. At who should pay to correct it?

The rest of the details like Owners Name, Chassis #, and Engine # are all correct.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:19   #2062
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
If i were to make claim how much will my NCB will be deducted ? My premium is 10.8 K, so how much rise can i expect in my next renewal.For instance FG has a renewal premium of ~ 13.5 K but their renewal letter which was sent to me stated that incase of a claim i would have to shell out ~21.5K next time as permium. Would my SBI premium also increase to the same level ? My car was bought used and is a 2007 model.
Sumeet,
Regarding the NCB, in case of any claim made in an Insurance year you will lose the NCB for next year's renewal. This is applicable even if you have the highest NCB (55%) which will become zero. Your NCB will start again from Zero.
The rise in the premium is solely at the Insurer's discredition and depends on the calculations used to calculate the Own Damage(OD) premium. If you feel the renewal premium is high, then you can always approach the Insurers who will offer better deal.
Could not understand what you meant by the SBI premium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv View Post
I have a 2 year old Saruti Ritz due for insurance renewal. Wanted to know what insurance companies have tie up with Maruti Service centers. Does it make sense to go for Maruti's insurance or does it make sense to go with other private or govt insurance companies? Currently Maruti is quoting some 8500 while Bajaj and others are quoting 6000-8000 rs for a year.
Srinivas - Only Maruti Service centres can tell you with which Insurers they have a cashless tie up (If thats what you are intending for), approach them and get a list. By all means Maruti will try to pomote its own Insurance scheme, you need to evaluate what benefits would you get which is unavailable with other Insurers in terms of service, cost etc. You can also do on online comparison of the Insurance premiums and negotiate better with Maruti.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:23   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sumeet,
Could not understand what you meant by the SBI premium?
I have switched to SBI insurance from Future Generali as SBI offered better value.I wanted to know if even SBI would hike my premium to the extent of FG as in the case of FG the hike was pretty much high in case of a claim. ie 21.5K. So wanted to know if SBI whose premium is 10.8 K how much the premium would come out to in case of a claim.

thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:38   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
I have switched to SBI insurance from Future Generali as SBI offered better value.I wanted to know if even SBI would hike my premium to the extent of FG as in the case of FG the hike was pretty much high in case of a claim. ie 21.5K. So wanted to know if SBI whose premium is 10.8 K how much the premium would come out to in case of a claim.
If I have understood correctly, you have an Insurance from SBI presently and that if you make any Insurance claim during the Insurance year, would SBI increase the premium too for the next renewal? Absolutely SBI will increase the premium if there has been a claim and if you want to renew the Insurance with them. As I said earlier the amount of increase is calculated by SBI and mostly depends on the make/model of the car. Higher the value of the car, greater will the rise in renewal premiums (just my guess).
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:54   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Today I gave my car to Hans Hyundai, Delhi for repair job. The SA has estimated around 10-12K out of which around 2-3K will be paid by me.

The surveyor will come tomorrow and for the time being they have kept my license/car's RC/insurance policy. They will return my license after inspection hopefully tomorrow. Do they really keep license?

They don't have cashless facility and have asked me a cancelled cheque which I have given to them. The SA told me that I have to pay the complete amount and then the insurance company will deposit the settled amount to the bank account.

Estimated repair time is one week. Parts to be replaced - Rear bumper, right side fender, couple of miscellaneous parts behind the bumper. Front bumper will be repaired and repainted.

Guys please tell if the above procedure is OK as I have never claimed insurance etc.

photos here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2807631 (Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report.)
Bluevolt, has the insurance amount been credited to your account? if yes, how much time was taken? It has been two weeks since my claim was made, hence I just wanted to check if any extra follow up is required in this case.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:06   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Bluevolt, has the insurance amount been credited to your account? if yes, how much time was taken? It has been two weeks since my claim was made, hence I just wanted to check if any extra follow up is required in this case.
I have not received the amount till date and the insurance agent is not giving any clear answer. He told me that my file is forwarded and it will take around 15 days more!

PS - I will never get insurance done from government/semi-government insurance companies.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:35   #2067
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
If the car insurance incorrectly wrote the variant and/or model of the car, whose mistake is that. At who should pay to correct it?

The rest of the details like Owners Name, Chassis #, and Engine # are all correct.
Ask insurance company to correct it, they'll either pass and endorsement or just correct it. No charges for endorsement.

Variant doesn't matter much as long as name, address, engine and chassis number should match at the time of claim.

Quote:
I have not received the amount till date and the insurance agent is not giving any clear answer. He told me that my file is forwarded and it will take around 15 days more!

PS - I will never get insurance done from government/semi-government insurance companies.
What company is this? Even PSUs don't take much time if the claim is clean. I have seen New India settle the claim in 7 days.

Last edited by F50 : 4th July 2012 at 13:38.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 14:25   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
What company is this? Even PSUs don't take much time if the claim is clean. I have seen New India settle the claim in 7 days.
It's united India Insurance. No one is giving me confirmed time frame for payment - everyone is just quoting 7-21 days i.e. 1-3 weeks. And it's already 10 days since I forwarded my bills to insurance guy!
Old 4th July 2012, 14:55   #2069
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's united India Insurance. No one is giving me confirmed time frame for payment - everyone is just quoting 7-21 days i.e. 1-3 weeks. And it's already 10 days since I forwarded my bills to insurance guy!
PSUs are known to pay health claim at snail pace. They just don't work.

Ask the insurance guy to push the file as no one in the government companies ever take the file in their hand themselves.

Usko chai (not bribe) pilao aur file dikhao.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 20:13   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Ah! Even I'm stuck with United India. There seems to be no sign of the payment till date, and it's been around 2 weeks. The ASC manager said confidently that its done in a week's time. I think its time to get hold of the surveyor.

In my case, all the files were forwarded by the ASC to the insurance company, and there is no reference number of any sort with me. I guess I'll have to get the same from the ASC now.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote