Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 8th August 2012, 15:29   #2101
BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash.giri View Post
Dear All ...

I booked Skoda Rapid(Ambition, Diesel) and getting the car delivered on Monday.
I have decided to go for insurance from outside. I dont have any NCB.

I got the following quotes. IDV=875000, 0 depreciation
1. Royal Sundaram - 26900
2. Tata AIG(Pearl Plan) - 26800

Is this the best price I can get?
Has anyone negotiated a much better price?
Which insurance company should I go with?

Please advice.

Many Thanks.
--Yash
Check with Bajaj Allianz online - i found their rates to be the cheapest for renewal atleast.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 18:45   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Yash, RS and Tata are in the business for long now, hence they would not offer best prices. Go for the newer Insurance co like Future Generali or Bharati Axa, you will get better rates from them as they would be interested in getting business from you. Just check whether these new age Insurers have a tie up with the nearest Skoda workshop.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:27   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravank30

I will do that.

One more clarification.

Is it better to go through an agent, then buy the insurance online?
Will the agent be really able to help me with the paperwork & claim settlement in case of any claim ?
If so, any agents name you can recommend in Bangalore who has a tie up with HDFC Ergo or ICICI Lombard.

Thanks for advising
No agent will help you with paperwork or claim settlement. Agent will only approach you next year for renewal. If you get better discounts if purchased online then go for it. In Indian insurance industry agents are well known for mis selling.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:34   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Go for the newer Insurance co like Future Generali
I my experience i found future generali to have a charge a high premium for the same IDV.Try to avoid them if possible.For instance for my Civic for IDV of 5 lacs premium was 16.5K which any Civic owner would be able to say is on the higher side.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 8th August 2012 at 20:35.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 12:32   #2105
BHPian

Hello,

I am buying a Honda Jazz (S) at an ex-showroom price of Rs 5,92,000 /- in Navi Mumbai.

Honda sales executive has given me 2 options of Honda Assure:

* Normal insurance - Rs 17,610 /-
* Zero depreciation insurance - Rs 23,110 /-

Are these quotations competitive, or are they on the higher side? Also, is it advisable to do online insurance for a brand new car, as some people have advised me to stick to Honda Assure for the 1st year?

Please advise!
rkurup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 15:20   #2106
BHPian

I would suggest go ahead and get online quotes from good companies like Bajaj Allianz / TATA AIG / HDFC Ergo. There is absolutely no advantage in going for Honda Assure - only the dealer makes some money. All the big companies have cashless tieups with major garages so no difference to you.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:12   #2107
BHPian

Thank you. So far the cheapest bumper-to-bumper zero depreciation quote that I have got is from Royal Sundaram which shaves off a neat Rs 8,000 /- from the dealer quote for Honda Assure .

Will explore other options too. Many thanks once again.

Rahul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I would suggest go ahead and get online quotes from good companies like Bajaj Allianz / TATA AIG / HDFC Ergo. There is absolutely no advantage in going for Honda Assure - only the dealer makes some money. All the big companies have cashless tieups with major garages so no difference to you.
rkurup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 09:43   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I am planning to shift the NCB of my current car to my new car. My current car has a policy with HDFC ERGO. yesterday, I spoke with their call centre executive who told me that my NCB is 20% and I'll have to cancel my current policy after which they will issue me the NCB certificate which will be valid for 3 years. To do this, though, he mentioned that I would have to first pay 975/- (he arrived at this figure after some calculation) as the "differential" amount.

Can someone verify what this "differential" amount is and is it actually required to be paid or am I being fleeced? The way I see it is that the Insurance Co. is benefitting by me first buying the insurance for the entire year and then cancelling it midway. So why I do i then have to pay extra for it?
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 10:03   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Can someone verify what this "differential" amount is and is it actually required to be paid or am I being fleeced?
You are being fleeced. There is nothing called as differential amount which needs to be paid to the Insurance co when the complete Insurance amount is paid upfront for the policy year. You need to raise this issue with HDFC higher ups.

BTW did you sell your car to someone? In that case you can transfer the policy and buy a new one for your new car with the NCB applicable. Why would you want to cancel your current policy? The Insurance policy goes along with the car and not with the individual.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 11:01   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Thats right Ghodhlur. I am selling the car from which I am cancelling the policy. Thanks for confirming my doubt. Will raise it with HDFC.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 10:51   #2111
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Need your help with the insurance for new Laura Petrol (VRS) as a corporate purchase.

Dealer Insurance (from Bajaj Allianz) is very high and company is not willing to pay so high insurance.
I checked with multiple providers and insurance is substantially low (compared to dealer) and will have to select one of best deal instead of dealer.

Now my question is -
I am getting discount of 1.5L on this new Laura.
So should the insurance be based on original ex-showroom (as an IDV) or can I lower it based on the discount amount which will reduce the premium further?

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 18th August 2012 at 10:53.
vishaltanksale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 09:19   #2112
BHPian

Hi RJ_VORA,

Need your inputs, my car met with an accident yesterday and I have misplaced the insurance. Advise me on how to proceed.

I have a payment receipt from my Car showroom that shows the payment made towards insurance, will I face any issues with the claim. I do not have the privilege of PMing you...

Regards,

Cannon
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 15:52   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me how is HDFC ERGO insurance, as my current Royal is qouting higher for the same IDV than HDFC.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:38   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Hi RJ_VORA,

Need your inputs, my car met with an accident yesterday and I have misplaced the insurance. Advise me on how to proceed.

I have a payment receipt from my Car showroom that shows the payment made towards insurance, will I face any issues with the claim. I do not have the privilege of PMing you...

Regards,

Cannon
Not a problem if you misplace your insurance. Go to the insurance company nearest branch office and get a duplicate copy. Not a problem if you do not know the policy number. They can search based on your name , vehicle registration number , engine number , chassis number, etc. They might charge you a nominal fee of Rs 50. Then go ahead and register a claim.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 16:07   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Not a problem if you misplace your insurance. Go to the insurance company nearest branch office and get a duplicate copy. Not a problem if you do not know the policy number. They can search based on your name , vehicle registration number , engine number , chassis number, etc. They might charge you a nominal fee of Rs 50. Then go ahead and register a claim.

Hi Marlon,

Thanks for the information, the service adviser in the Car Showroom helped me with getting a copy of the insurance from their records.

Regards,

Cannon
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote