Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 13th February 2013, 17:08   #2341
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hi,

I have recently bought a pre worshipped 2003 Honda City EXi.
It has some rust formation and some scrape marks in the rear right side wheel arch due to collision from the pillar in parking lot.
I have Royal Sundaram insurance and it is also transferred in my name now.

My questions are:
Can I fix this body work through insurance?
If yes what is the percentage that will be refund.
Also the damage was done some 6 months ago. Will I still be able to obtain claim for that.
bullet-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 17:29   #2342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Hi,

It has some rust formation and some scrape marks in the rear right side wheel arch due to collision from the pillar in parking lot.

My questions are:
Also the damage was done some 6 months ago. Will I still be able to obtain claim for that.
Was the insurance fresh, or a renewal only?
Im asking because if it was fresh, and the marks were there during inspection, you wont be able to file.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 17:32   #2343
F50
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
Is there any time limit (starting from the date the damage occured) stipulated by the regulatory body within which an insurance claim can be made? Or do insurance companies set their own time limits? Does such a time limit even exist?
No is there no time limit but its best to inform them as soon as it happens.
Surveyors are pretty smart and would immediately come to know whether its a fresh accident or old.

Quote:
Hi,

My questions are:
You have make a claim out of it. Percentage depends upon what is your final repair bill looks like. Rubber, plastic, depreciation would be charged.
6 months old would be difficult to prove fresh.
F50 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 17:49   #2344
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Was the insurance fresh, or a renewal only?
Im asking because if it was fresh, and the marks were there during inspection, you wont be able to file.
Thanks guys. It was a renewal policy only.
bullet-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 19:29   #2345
BHPian

Has anybody here tried easyinsuranceindia dot com?
I am scouting for the lowest quote for a 2006 Indica Xeta and this is the only site which offered me a quote as low as 2744 from Oriental

Getting quotes for an Indica has always been a problem due to their high claims from call center cabs. All Pvt. insurers are quoting atleast 500-1000 bucks higher.

I have never claimed any vehicle insurance and just for the sake of checking out, tried looking at 3rd party insurance for this car and the quote came to 2744 again! Looked closely and it includes a personal accident policy for Rs. 5 lakh without which the policy won't be issued. So I guess it's better to stick to comprehensive for now.

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 13th February 2013 at 19:34.
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 21:39   #2346
BHPian

I got a quote from Bajaj Allianz today as I plan to switch from FG. Ones anybody know if Fiat has cashless with Bajaj?

They allowed me to increase the IDV from 5.80 L to 6.4 L. The premium quoted is 12K for normal and 18K for the zero depreciation plan.
Please let me know if the 6K extra is worth going after the zero depreciation plan? Is Tata AIG better than Bajaj Allianz?
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 11:50   #2347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. It was a renewal policy only.
Fair enough. And when you say rust, its where the paint has been scraped off, exposing metal?
I dont think you should have any issues with a claim. Speak to your SA, and he will guide you better as to how to convince the surveyor.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 12:25   #2348
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my neighbor on insistence from my friend who happens to from Icici Lombard took an all inclusive comprehensive policy for his Honda Unicorn Motorcycle.

Now this supposed friend of mine has started acting up & doesn't pick calls or responds because a claim needs to be settled. His (my neighbor) bike's tank has a deep dent & a scratch.

At other place as well, he has taken money from my erstwhile business associate for his 4 wheeler insurance renewal & is yet to get back.

I have written a complaint to lombard, but to no avail & they take good 3-4 days to get back (via mail).

Any suggestions?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 16:13   #2349
BHPian

I have current insurance from Chola MS which is up for renewal in 15 days time. I intend to buy Bajaj Allianz policy since they have cashless tie up with the dealer. My question is, would there be a difference in quotes between website of Bajaj and agent of Bajaj?
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 16:21   #2350
BHPian

Yes. It may differ. I tried taking my 2 wheeler renewal insurance from Bajaj and generated an online quote. I visited their JP Nagar office and they gave me a different quote which was higher than the online figure. They said that online quote is different and they cannot offer the same premium. Same should hold for cars as well.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 12:22   #2351
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

My Scorpio's insurance is up for renewal and this is the quote I've got from Bajaj Allianz with a NCB of 35% considered.

IDV - Rs.602,000, premium - Rs.12949, std deductible - Rs.1000, std coverage inclusions as follows:

1. Compulsory PA (owner driver) - Rs. 2 lakhs.
2. Third-party property damage - up to Rs.7,50,000.
3. Third-party individual-Unlimited as decided by the court.(In case of third party injury or death).
4. 24/7 road side assistance policy and Lock and Key replacement cover

Does this sound reasonable? Also, if I opt for co-passenger cover, the premium goes up to Rs.13343. Should I go for the co-pax cover too?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 21st February 2013 at 12:24.
comfortablynumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 13:45   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One of my neighbor on insistence from my friend who happens to from Icici Lombard took an all inclusive comprehensive policy for his Honda Unicorn Motorcycle.

Now this supposed friend of mine has started acting up & doesn't pick calls or responds because a claim needs to be settled. His (my neighbor) bike's tank has a deep dent & a scratch.

At other place as well, he has taken money from my erstwhile business associate for his 4 wheeler insurance renewal & is yet to get back.

I have written a complaint to lombard, but to no avail & they take good 3-4 days to get back (via mail).

Any suggestions?
ICICI Lombard has a Employee number for each agent that you talk to after calling their number (1800 2666). You can demand to raise a complaint against this agent friend of yours. But I guess if his business seems to be fishy then he would have definitely not provided you with his Employee ID. Again it might be that he is not a direct agent of ICICI and is selling insurances from more than one company.

Anyways, to make a claim you don't need the same person as long as you have the Insurance Policy documents. Call up ICICI Lombard # 18002666 and get the details on how to make a claim (via them or through a Authorized Service Centre). Hope it helps.
vidyanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 19:32   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I have current insurance from Chola MS which is up for renewal in 15 days time. I intend to buy Bajaj Allianz policy since they have cashless tie up with the dealer. My question is, would there be a difference in quotes between website of Bajaj and agent of Bajaj?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Yes. It may differ.
My experience of renewing insurance. As told by vidyanand, there was difference in online and brach quotes. Online it was showing around, 9500 whereas in the branch I got a quotation of 10,900. So decided to renew online.

The moment I gave correct mobile no., name, and generated first quote online, I got a call from the head office of BA. The person was with me all the time, around 20 mins, asking details and filling in his database, till I completed the entire transaction. I think the executives also have some discretion for reducing the premium. I had declined PA cover for co-passenger, hence I was getting a quote of around 9,200 which the executive reduced to 8,720.

After completing the transaction, immediately got a pdf copy of policy. The hardcopy will be sent in 7 days time.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 20:00   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I had declined PA cover for co-passenger, hence I was getting a quote of around 9,200 which the executive reduced to 8,720.
IMHO you should have opted for the personal accident cover for co-passengers also which would have costed you not much amount. Normally the premium amount increase would have been Rs 100/- per passenger for a 2L cover. So assuming 5 persons would travel with you, it would have costed Rs 500/- the difference in your earlier quote.
Although not compulsory, it would have always helped to have PA cover for people travelling with you.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 17:28   #2355
BHPian

Today my Alto got hit by APE pickup vehicle near my house . He was on the left side and god knows why he swerved to right. The car got hit on rear passenger side door causing an inch long dent on the door edge which is pretty bad. It looks as if the door edge has been ripped. There are also long scratches just below the door handle and on the panel behind the door (below Petrol door cover). I did not argue with the driver as the area where the incident occured is not one which where reasoning works.

I took the car to Bimal and the damages will be 5000 out of which 1500 will have to be borne by me and the rest by insurance (Royal Sundaram). I did not leave the vehicle as I was told that the surveyor will be available on Monday only. So the person at Bimal was OK if I can give it on Tuesday. Need to leave car for 3 days at BIMAL.

I have never claimed any insurance till date and have 50% NCB of 1550.

- Should I go for insurance claim and forgo NCB?
- Is 5000 reasonable charges or should I get repairs done outside?
AltoLXI is offline   Reply With Quote