Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 1st March 2013, 17:43   #2356
BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Today my Alto got hit by APE pickup vehicle near my house . He was on the left side and god knows why he swerved to right. The car got hit on rear passenger side door causing an inch long dent on the door edge which is pretty bad. It looks as if the door edge has been ripped. There are also long scratches just below the door handle and on the panel behind the door (below Petrol door cover). I did not argue with the driver as the area where the incident occured is not one which where reasoning works.

I took the car to Bimal and the damages will be 5000 out of which 1500 will have to be borne by me and the rest by insurance (Royal Sundaram). I did not leave the vehicle as I was told that the surveyor will be available on Monday only. So the person at Bimal was OK if I can give it on Tuesday. Need to leave car for 3 days at BIMAL.

I have never claimed any insurance till date and have 50% NCB of 1550.

- Should I go for insurance claim and forgo NCB?
- Is 5000 reasonable charges or should I get repairs done outside?
I suggest you to get it repair outside or without insurance. I am sure Bimal will charge around 4000 bucks if you are not claiming insurance as your NCB is 50%
You can try Suraksha also
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 18:22   #2357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today my Alto got hit by APE pickup vehicle near my house . He was on the left side and god knows why he swerved to right. The car got hit on rear passenger side door causing an inch long dent on the door edge which is pretty bad. It looks as if the door edge has been ripped. There are also long scratches just below the door handle and on the panel behind the door (below Petrol door cover). I did not argue with the driver as the area where the incident occured is not one which where reasoning works.

I took the car to Bimal and the damages will be 5000 out of which 1500 will have to be borne by me and the rest by insurance (Royal Sundaram). I did not leave the vehicle as I was told that the surveyor will be available on Monday only. So the person at Bimal was OK if I can give it on Tuesday. Need to leave car for 3 days at BIMAL.

I have never claimed any insurance till date and have 50% NCB of 1550.

- Should I go for insurance claim and forgo NCB?
- Is 5000 reasonable charges or should I get repairs done outside?
Anything below 10k actually doesn't make sense to claim insurance .
See what is the net damage you will have pay once you renew your insurance.
Depending on that take a call
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 18:54   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I suggest you to get it repair outside or without insurance. I am sure Bimal will charge around 4000 bucks if you are not claiming insurance as your NCB is 50%
You can try Suraksha also
If Bimal charges ~4000K, what will be approximate charges outside for similar damages - will the charge differentials vary a lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Anything below 10k actually doesn't make sense to claim insurance .
See what is the net damage you will have pay once you renew your insurance.
Depending on that take a call
Cheers
If I claim insurance does that mean from next renewal, my NCB will be reset to 0% and I need to pay full premium?
AltoLXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 18:58   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If Bimal charges ~4000K, what will be approximate charges outside for similar damages - will the charge differentials vary a lot?

If I claim insurance does that mean from next renewal, my NCB will be reset to 0% and I need to pay full premium?
You need to full premium for sure for the next renewal but not sure what happens to renewal after that .
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 21:26   #2360
BHPian

Dear Sir,
I have a query regarding transfer of insurance. Let us assume I am about to buy a pre owned car with transfer of insurance as part of the deal. Now the front bumper has a pretty big crack and is likely to require replacement but I cant confirm till i check with my body shop guys. In this case, what is the best way forward?
Do i make the original owner cllaim insurance and give me the car in mint condition ( which may take a bit of time)
OR
Do i take the car in an as is condition for a lower price and get it done myself. In this case, while i transfer insurance, will there be a second survey done by the insurance people? or Does it just involve paperwork and will it be okay if i were to repair it next month once the insurance/rc etc has been transferred in my name?
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 22:53   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Dear Sir,
I have a query regarding transfer of insurance. Let us assume I am about to buy a pre owned car with transfer of insurance as part of the deal. Now the front bumper has a pretty big crack and is likely to require replacement but I cant confirm till i check with my body shop guys. In this case, what is the best way forward?
Do i make the original owner cllaim insurance and give me the car in mint condition ( which may take a bit of time)
OR
Do i take the car in an as is condition for a lower price and get it done myself. In this case, while i transfer insurance, will there be a second survey done by the insurance people? or Does it just involve paperwork and will it be okay if i were to repair it next month once the insurance/rc etc has been transferred in my name?
Go with the 2nd option. Insurance will only be transferred after you get the RC and a survey is done.Its better to get it repaired by the time you get the new RC.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 10:48   #2362
BHPian

Hi,

My Honda Citi is due for Insurance renewal this month. I am getting various quotes from Honda dealers, somehow every one wants to sell Reliance Insurance. I have a few queries if anyone can help

1. I bought policy online last year from Bajaj and the renewal quote from them is much higher than the one being offered by other companies.
IDV - 436814 Premium : 7124 (OLD IDV was 567000, not sure why the quote is with such less IDV)
2. What should be my rigth IDV, I guess 567000 - 56700 (10%) = approx 510000, right?
3. Reliance is the cheapest with IDV : 5L and Premium 6928. Not very keen with reliance stuff, but just wanted to know the catch in this and what is the general review with Reliance insurance, how are they at claim
4. This is my 5th Insurance renewal (Car bought in 2009) and each year I had been switching companies. I thought this year I will renew with the same company but the quote for IDV 5L is 8K which is much higher than other companies offering. Also a honda dealer is offering me 7.2K for Bajaj., which obviously is not available for me as I am already there customer. Why such a dis parity for new and old and does it make sense to pay 1k extra or yet again switch to another company like ICICI or Reliance?
mailmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 12:59   #2363
BHPian

Any feedback on Bharti AXA?

I got renewal for my Swift (current insurer Tata AIG) coming up.
Tata is offering at around 6,300, Bajaj for 5,300 and Bharti at around 4,500

Any particular feedback about Bharti as compared to the other two?
Mostly I have alternating between Bajaj and Tata based on lowest quote for last 4 years. This is 5th year.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 13:09   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Any feedback on Bharti AXA?

Any particular feedback about Bharti as compared to the other two?
The best place to get the info would be the Maruti workshop where you get the usual servicing done. Try to find out how has been the claims processing for Bharati Axa customers, you will also get a feeling of the workshop's inclination towards the Insurance co. I hope Bharati does have a cashless tie up with Maruti.

By doing a comparison between the 3 insurance co shortlisted, try to find out what does Bharati Axa miss out by offering less insurance premium than others.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 15:07   #2365
Senior - BHPian

I have just sold my Thunderbird a few days back. I will need to transfer the insurance to the new owner. How can I go about doing this? It is ICICI Lombard 2-wheeler insurance.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 15:46   #2366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I have just sold my Thunderbird a few days back. I will need to transfer the insurance to the new owner. How can I go about doing this? It is ICICI Lombard 2-wheeler insurance.
You need to ensure that the RC is transferred to the new owner prior to Insurance transfer. Once RC transfer is done, all you need is to submit a simple application to the Insurance co for change in the Insurance ownership, a small fee is applicable for this transfer. Normally the new buyer takes the onus of doing it, no harm in you helping out for the process.

In case you have NCB eligibility, do ensure to take a letter from the Insurance co regarding the same. Hope this helps.
Old 13th March 2013, 16:19   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You need to ensure that the RC is transferred to the new owner prior to Insurance transfer. Once RC transfer is done, all you need is to submit a simple application to the Insurance co for change in the Insurance ownership, a small fee is applicable for this transfer. Normally the new buyer takes the onus of doing it, no harm in you helping out for the process.

In case you have NCB eligibility, do ensure to take a letter from the Insurance co regarding the same. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot! Then it is better that I wait for him to get it registered in his name.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 16:29   #2368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks a lot! Then it is better that I wait for him to get it registered in his name.
Did the fee thing made you rethink?. Its actually Rs 50/- which is taken by the Insurance co.

You need to provide the old RC, new RC copy along with the old Insuarance policy copy & application letter. Some Insurance co have a std format for the same, either way to do the Insurance transfer.
Old 14th March 2013, 21:43   #2369
BANNED

I couldn't resist but post this. I'm a customer with HDFC ergo and had a very seem less and pleasant experience during ncb certificate along with money promptly credited back to account with no followups or reminders. All transactions were over email and I got my ncb certificate in less than a week.
I highly recommend HDFC ergo for motor insurance.

Note: i don't work for HDFC, but I thought of appreciating the service when it rightly deserves so.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 10:58   #2370
BHPian

I am currently in the market for renewing the insurance for my swift. When bought, I got the insurance for 17k with 0 dep and 6.72 ad idv.

On enquiring, the lowest I am getting is 15k for 0 dep and 6 lakhs idv by bharti axa.

Royal Sundram is expensive at 19k!! Icici says they don't offer 0 dep for Maruti and Tata cars

How's the feedback on bharti axa? Which other provider can I look at.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote