Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 22nd March 2013, 11:00   #2386
BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In addition to the amount you will have to pay which you would be recovering from the transporter, suggest you also recover the NCB cost from them.
Thanks a lot Ghodlur for your inputs. I will be able to calculate now the amount which should be paid by insurance. The car is a WB registration and I was finding difficult to drive in Pune because of tax issues. So, I thought to sale it in West Bengal. But anyways, I will ask the transporter to pay for NCB because of the current damage.

Thanks again.
Livetodrive
livetodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:35   #2387
Senior - BHPian

On my 8 year old Baleno, done above 80K Kms, the Insurance is going to expire in April and i need to get it renewed.

Got an email from Bajaj Allianz to renew it before April 01 as third party insurance cover is going to be increased? Is that true?

Or would folks suggest after ~8 years its best to take third party cover only?
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 16:10   #2388
BHPian

My Hyundai i10 insurance is due for renewal in April. Existing insurance is HDFC taken through dealer. I am getting better quotes from Bharti for the same IDV, but Hyundai dealer is telling me that if I don't purchase through them, they will not provide cashless benefit. Can they really do so?

Last edited by sbiswas : 26th March 2013 at 16:14.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 16:14   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
My Hyundai i10 insurance is due for renewal in April. Existing insurance is HDFC Life taken through dealer. I am getting better quotes from Bharti for the same IDV, but Hyundai dealer is telling me that if I don't purchase through them, they will not provide cashless benefit. Can they really do so?
No they are just fooling you to earn quick bucks
Each service center has some list of insurers for cash less so please check with them. Infact you can check with other Hyundai service centers for such list.
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 12:28   #2390
BHPian

Question Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hi, a quick querry, if you buy a new car while keeping your old car can we get some discount on the new car insurance or do you have to pay full new car insurance? Basically looking to reduce the new car insurance as you are an existing premium payer with no claims made ever.

TIA
Kartik
kartikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 15:39   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Hi, a quick querry, if you buy a new car while keeping your old car can we get some discount on the new car insurance or do you have to pay full new car insurance? Basically looking to reduce the new car insurance as you are an existing premium payer with no claims made ever.

TIA
Kartik
Please see this (Automobile Insurance - FAQ) link, this answers your query
krishnaraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 16:41   #2392
BHPian

People i have a query. I claimed a body repair insurance claim during sept 2012. I renewed the insurance for this year during Jan 2013 with 0% NCB due to claim. Now i have sold of my car a week back. Is there any possibility for me to get the NCB claim when the insurance is renewed the next time and offcourse by the transferee.I personally see no chances for the same but one of my friend was pretty sure that the NCB of 20% is attributable to me.

People your ideas please?
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 17:56   #2393
BHPian

Somebody banged my fiesta in the rear, i can only guess where it could have happened. I was on the way from Ramanathapuram to Chennai via Madurai. I had stopped for breakfast @ Ramanathapuram ( i had parked the car on the other side of the road some distance away from the hotel) and noticed the damage only when i stopped at Madurai at my inlaws place, so didn't file a complaint . The boot and rear bumper are damaged, the boot it not locking properly. I need to force it as the floor has rises a bit due to the impact. I have a zero depreciation policy from Bajai Allianz. If the need raises to replace the boot and the bumper, will everything including painting be covered under insurance?? This is the first time i am making an insurance claim.

OT: I showed the damage to a FNG and he said that when the boot and bumper are replaced, they will not be of the same quality (especially, finishing on the inner edges in case of boot). Is this true??

Last edited by RajeswaranK7 : 27th March 2013 at 18:00. Reason: added one more question
RajeswaranK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 15:32   #2394
F50
Senior - BHPian

The new TP rates released by IRDA

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-order-motor-tp-liability-only-cover-201314-dragged.jpg
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 18:08   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post

Attachment 1066869
Wow .... gouge the people who own cars with engine more than 1500 cc :( Whats the logic of having TP based on engine CC ? Shouldnt it be just the nature of use ?
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 18:45   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
People i have a query. I claimed a body repair insurance claim during sept 2012. I renewed the insurance for this year during Jan 2013 with 0% NCB due to claim. Now i have sold of my car a week back. Is there any possibility for me to get the NCB claim when the insurance is renewed the next time and offcourse by the transferee.I personally see no chances for the same but one of my friend was pretty sure that the NCB of 20% is attributable to me.

People your ideas please?
There is no way you will get the NCB for the insurance of the car sold already and the transferee being endorsed on the new insurance. It belongs to the new owner now completely, forget about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
Somebody banged my fiesta in the rear, i can only guess where it could have happened. I was on the way from Ramanathapuram to Chennai via Madurai. I had stopped for breakfast @ Ramanathapuram ( i had parked the car on the other side of the road some distance away from the hotel) and noticed the damage only when i stopped at Madurai at my inlaws place, so didn't file a complaint . The boot and rear bumper are damaged, the boot it not locking properly. I need to force it as the floor has rises a bit due to the impact. I have a zero depreciation policy from Bajai Allianz. If the need raises to replace the boot and the bumper, will everything including painting be covered under insurance?? This is the first time i am making an insurance claim.

OT: I showed the damage to a FNG and he said that when the boot and bumper are replaced, they will not be of the same quality (especially, finishing on the inner edges in case of boot). Is this true??
You only need to pay the standard deduction for your claim and nothing more, everything else is 100% covered in the 0-dep policy without worry.

Don't know why your FNG is advocating so. But be practical, there is no way you will get the factory finish with even the company's own ASC workshop paint-booths. It really depends upon how meticulously the ASC workshop paint-booths follow processes, and do the work upto the last dot. Even Toyota's own ASCs are not able to get factory finish so why blame the others? However, if any issues are found, they (ASC) are liable to cover any and all anomalies in completeness for a certain duration without fail, which is called Warranty duration of the work.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 19:29   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am getting the Insurance renewed tonight. This is what I am getting for my 2011 March Beat LT Petrol (2 Years old).

Wanted your advice on the Zero Depreciation (ZD) value part. Should I opt for this ? It costs me an additional 2323 INR. What is the advantage of taking this option ?

Name:  Insurance.JPG
Views: 693
Size:  69.6 KB
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 08:50   #2398
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Got an email from Bajaj Allianz to renew it before April 01 as third party insurance cover is going to be increased? Is that true?
As posted by F50 the new rates for the TP liability are announced, suggest to renew immediately. IMO you should go for the comprehensive cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
.I personally see no chances for the same but one of my friend was pretty sure that the NCB of 20% is attributable to me.
NCB of 20% would have been applicable if you had an Insurance cover for one complete year. In you case it will be 0% only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Isnt this different from what was proposed? On what basis is this calculated is best known to the IRDA guys only. The <1000cc was expected to have the higher increase but it seems they got the lowest increase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hello Guys,
Wanted your advice on the Zero Depreciation (ZD) value part. Should I opt for this ? It costs me an additional 2323 INR. What is the advantage of taking this option ?
Since you car is only 2 year old, you can opt for the zero dep as it saves from shelling out anything in case of any claims (apart from the std deduction).
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 18:55   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
No they are just fooling you to earn quick bucks
Each service center has some list of insurers for cash less so please check with them. Infact you can check with other Hyundai service centers for such list.
Ok. Got a written reply from dealer today.

Respected Sir,

Please note that cashless facility is an arrangement between the workshop and insurance companies. Hyundai Insurance program is applicable only where the policy is renewed through Hyundai dealer. So,the dealer workshop may deny cashless facility if the policy is not renewed through them.

For any further clarification please feel free to call us.

Thanks and regards,

Mukesh Hyundai
Insurance Department
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:53   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Ok. Got a written reply from dealer today.
Please note that cashless facility is an arrangement between the workshop and insurance companies. Hyundai Insurance program is applicable only where the policy is renewed through Hyundai dealer.
As per the above they are taking about Hyundai Insurance program not about other insurance policy like from Bajaj/TATA etc. Cashless is applicable to other insurance provider at Hyundai workshop
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote