Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 8th April 2013, 12:56   #2416
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
The Ex-Showroom price was 7.21L. So, do you still feel that 5,05,214 is less going in to the 3rd year. Also, is it anything to do with the total KMs run. Currently the ODO is close to 53K.
If the exshowroom cost is 7.21L then the ideal IDV should be 25% depreciated or 5.4L. I assumed 8.5L as the exshowroom cost, my bad. No, the IDV has nothing to do with the kms run.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 13:58   #2417
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

As Mayank stated in his post, try contacting the dealer to confirm if they have cashless settlement, if not then you can get the Spark repaired and get the amount reimbursed later. But Reliance is notorious of reimbursements, they will play spoilsport later.

Thanks for this.. and would be able to help and explain the term "cash loss" because, as per latest development, the insurance guys at reliance are behaving unprofessionally and trying to mislead my friend.
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 20:48   #2418
BHPian

I have a 45% NCB from the sale of my previous vehicle and have procured the NCB retention certificate. From reasons beyond my control, I could not use it for the purchase of my new car insurance. The query I had was if I could use this when the insurance is due for renewal next year?
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 00:24   #2419
BHPian

I renewed my brothers civic insurance through Bharti Axa. Pathetic experience. The payment got deducted 4 times before it finally went through. 10 days and I have no policy. Multiple calls and mails to them yielded nothing. Finally picked up all contacts on the site and sent a stinker.

Someone called and took vehicle details again. Then issued the policy. Guess what, the voluntary deductible is 2000 when the industry is at 1000. No wonder they quote the lowest premium.

I will never go with Bharti Axa again, I would advise all members to stay away even if they are 500/1000 bucks cheaper.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 08:47   #2420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I have a 45% NCB from the sale of my previous vehicle and have procured the NCB retention certificate. From reasons beyond my control, I could not use it for the purchase of my new car insurance. The query I had was if I could use this when the insurance is due for renewal next year?
Yes, you can use the NCB during the next insurance renewal, the NCB is valid of 3 yrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Someone called and took vehicle details again. Then issued the policy. Guess what, the voluntary deductible is 2000 when the industry is at 1000. No wonder they quote the lowest premium.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Regarding the compulsory deductible (not voluntary as stated), you can write to IRDA about the grouse. I am sure your complaint will be heard atleast.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 10:06   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. Regarding the compulsory deductible (not voluntary as stated), you can write to IRDA about the grouse. I am sure your complaint will be heard atleast.
yes i meant to say compulsory deductible. thanks for pointing that out.

are there sepcific guidelines around what this amount has to be? IRDA will be in a position to intervene only if its a regulated amount across providers.

Else its very easy for Bharti AXA to get away by saying its in the T&Cs. will give it a try however.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 10:22   #2422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are there sepcific guidelines around what this amount has to be? IRDA will be in a position to intervene only if its a regulated amount across providers.
IRDA is responsible for ensuring that the Insurance co adhere to the guidelines mention in the Indian Motor Tariff, hence they will be responsible if Insurance co are overcharging customers. Attaching the snapshot in word document.

Also below is the IRDA link. Hope this helps.
http://www.irda.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cms/...No225&mid=14.2

Bharati Axa website has put in the correct amount for compulsory deductible, wonder why are they overcharging you. You can point it out to the person you are dealing with.
http://adodis.in/balajib/bhartidump/...ory-deductible
Attached Files
File Type: docx Compulsory deductible.docx (145.8 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by ghodlur : 9th April 2013 at 10:26. Reason: Added Baharit Axa details
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 11:27   #2423
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have a Maruti Omni cargo van(commercial) which is not going to be used this year and is due for insurance renewal, well I would like to get just third party insurance for the van which I guess is mandatory. The van was previously insured with iffco tokio,I inquired at the iffco tokio office for 3rd party insurance and they said that it will be somewhere around 11,000 for the same.I always thought 3rd party was cheap,am I wrong about this and please guide me as to which insurance would be suitable for my case and through which company.
richie4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 12:15   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
IRDA is responsible for ensuring that the Insurance co adhere to the guidelines mention in the Indian Motor Tariff, hence they will be responsible if Insurance co are overcharging customers. Attaching the snapshot in word document.

Bharati Axa website has put in the correct amount for compulsory deductible, wonder why are they overcharging you. You can point it out to the person you are dealing with.
hi, thanks for all the links. i wrote to a contact in bharti axa. IRDA has revised the compulasry deductible to 1000 for <1500CC and 2000 for >1500 cc as of 2012. To that extent they are inline with the regulations.

Any idea what the other insurance providers are charging?
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-irda.jpg  

funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 12:51   #2425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
I have a Maruti Omni cargo van(commercial) which is not going to be used this year and is due for insurance renewal, well I would like to get just third party insurance for the van which I guess is mandatory. The van was previously insured with iffco tokio,I inquired at the iffco tokio office for 3rd party insurance and they said that it will be somewhere around 11,000 for the same.
The premium would depend upon which class does your vehicle fit in. Attached is the pdf document of the TP premiums which were recently revised by IRDA. You cant be charged more than that enforced by IRDA. Hope this helps

Quote:
hi, thanks for all the links. i wrote to a contact in bharti axa. IRDA has revised the compulasry deductible to 1000 for <1500CC and 2000 for >1500 cc as of 2012. To that extent they are inline with the regulations.
Thanks for the info, can you attach the circular which proposed the changes in pdf format if posssible. IMO all Insurance co should be charging the same amount as mentioned in the circular.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Order_-_Motor_TP_Liability_only_Cover_2013-14.pdf (2.58 MB, 546 views)
Old 9th April 2013, 14:41   #2426
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the info, can you attach the circular which proposed the changes in pdf format if posssible. IMO all Insurance co should be charging the same amount as mentioned in the circular.
the circular stating this change is attached.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 16:39   #2427
BHPian

Another question, which is not related to my previous one.

I have 'heard' of some insurace options, where the car is insured for the next 5 years at 0 Dep and the premium is paid upfront for such insurance policy for 5 years. Is this true? I say heard only because I have never really met anyone who has actually got this one, hence I am not very sure.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 09:43   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I have 'heard' of some insurace options, where the car is insured for the next 5 years at 0 Dep and the premium is paid upfront for such insurance policy for 5 years. Is this true? I say heard only because I have never really met anyone who has actually got this one, hence I am not very sure.
As of now none of the Insurance companies are offering policies for more than a year. There was a talk during this budget that FM is going to approve the demand from the Insurers lobby of offering Insurance for two years however that got squashed. Frankly I would not fall for these rumours and stick to renewing the Insurance every year, this way I get an option to choose based on the experience instead of locking my money for more than a year with the same Insurance co.
Old 25th April 2013, 09:11   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

If the Road ministry has it way, vehicles with tinted glass may lose their Insurance claims. The road ministry has asked IRDA to ask its members to refuse any Insurance claims for the vehicle found with tinted glass. This if becomes a reality will soon find its way in the Insurance policy warranty fine print. The motor vehicle amendment bill which was passed in Rajya Sabha last year and being tabled in Lok Sabha this year talks about the enhanced penalties for vehicles with tinted glass films.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-...1-1049402.aspx
Old 25th April 2013, 16:36   #2430

Quote:

@ghodlur

Does the compulsory deduction increase in case the policy is a 0% Dep Policy? I renewed the policy of my 2011 Vento today with an IDV value of Rs 6,23,000 and they charged me a Premium of Rs 23,832 (0% Dep policy without Engine Protection) from Bajaj Allianz. They informed me and took it in writing that the Compulsory deduction on this Policy will be Rs 5000 if I make a 0% Dep Claim. Can you please provide some insights on this? Thanks
khan is offline   Reply With Quote