Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 10th July 2013, 10:05   #2506
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Earlier I had a word with my dealer, they said cashless facility available only with Iffco Tokio (Honda Assurance). Other members can clarify this. The depreciation waiver amount is Rs.3400 and total Premium is Rs.13200 quoted by dealer. Where as company quoted Rs.17,000.
I guess the dealer OD premium must have included the dealer discount and the NCB discount whereas Company quote must have missed out on the NCB discount. Surprising that Honda workshop has cashless tie up with only one Insurer, surely there must be more.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 10:05   #2507
BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Guys, I have a general query:
I have a Ford Figo, whose 1st year insurance fee had been waived off. The insurer is Bharti AXA and in the times I have had to claim insurance twice (within a month) I never had a problem. As I know now, there is something you call a 0% dep policy.
Can I opt for the same when my renewal comes up next year?

Also, would what would be the % increase in premium? Does my preimum go up when I claim insurance?
Thanks
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 11:59   #2508
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Guys, I have a general query:
I have a Ford Figo, whose 1st year insurance fee had been waived off. The insurer is Bharti AXA and in the times I have had to claim insurance twice (within a month) I never had a problem. As I know now, there is something you call a 0% dep policy.
Can I opt for the same when my renewal comes up next year?

Also, would what would be the % increase in premium? Does my preimum go up when I claim insurance?
Thanks
You can opt for the zero dep during the next renewal but will cost in addition to already increased premium due to two claims. In fact Bharati Axa provides zero dep upto 5 yrs from the initial purchase.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 16:25   #2509
BHPian

The insurance of my Linea comes up at the end of this month. I had received quotations from some parties where the IDV ranges from 6.10L to 8.25L and the premium also varies accordingly. The car was purchased in 2012 and the IDV was 9.10L.
a. Is it advisable to lower the IDV and go for lower premium, or should I stick to the IDV of 8.20L (considering 10% depreciation from last year).

b. Can I go with any insurer or should I ensure from the dealer about who has a cashless policy with Fiat. In such case can anyone tell me which company has the cashless arrangement with Fiat. Last year the insurance was done by the dealer through Oriental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You can opt for the zero dep during the next renewal but will cost in addition to already increased premium due to two claims. In fact Bharati Axa provides zero dep upto 5 yrs from the initial purchase.
As far as my limited knowledge goes, no company allows zero dep beyond five years (or four in come cases) at present.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 18:56   #2510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
a. Is it advisable to lower the IDV and go for lower premium, or should I stick to the IDV of 8.20L (considering 10% depreciation from last year).

b. Can I go with any insurer or should I ensure from the dealer about who has a cashless policy with Fiat. In such case can anyone tell me which company has the cashless arrangement with Fiat. Last year the insurance was done by the dealer through Oriental.
a.No, dont lower the IDV just for paying lower premium. Stick to the standard IDV calculated as per the depreciation table.

b. You can opt for a different Insurer during renewal. Just check with the workshop with whom they have cashless tie up, they should be having the list. Future Generali definitely has a cashless tie up atleast with Fiat dealer, Thane.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 12:40   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Surprising that Honda workshop has cashless tie up with only one Insurer, surely there must be more.
Today I cross checked with the dealer (Deccan Honda). They said the cashless facility is available with four insurers like ICICI Lombard, Royal Sundaram, Bajaj Allianz and Iffco Tokio.

Now I have to get quotes from them and compare.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 20:17   #2512
BANNED

Default Re: Sx4 Zdi Insurance Query

I have an Sx4 Zdi the insurance is valid upto July end. I have received renewal quote from Bajaj its about 21k (Zero Dep) and today i checked with Policy Bazaar they have the lowest from Bharti Axa which for 16.5 K and from Reliance 14.5 K.

My concern is whom should i opt Bajaj, Bharati or Reliance for my renewal. I know Bajaj who's premium is for 21k has good service and prompt claim response, where as i not sure about Bharati or Reliance.

Though opting for Bharati Axa i would save about 5k but later don't want hassles incase there is some mishap.

Guru's would appreciate your help!

Regards

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 08:37   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Sx4 Zdi Insurance Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
My concern is whom should i opt Bajaj, Bharati or Reliance for my renewal. I know Bajaj who's premium is for 21k has good service and prompt claim response, where as i not sure about Bharati or Reliance.
I guess this has been the standard question being asked on the forum and my standard answer to that would be First ensure with which Insurance co does your car workshop has cashless tie up for that peace of mind. If you are OK with non cashless types then you can think about other Insurer options.

Amit - In your case did you cross check the renewal quote recd from bajaj on their website, does it match? If you have had good experience with BA then stick to them. Also you havent mentioned whether Bharati Axa quote was for premium with zero dep add on. If that the case, then negotiate with Bajaj reg the premium cost discount. My suggestion - research and then choose.
Old 12th July 2013, 16:35   #2514
BANNED

Default Re: Sx4 Zdi Insurance Query

Quote:
I guess this has been the standard question being asked on the forum and my standard answer to that would be First ensure with which Insurance co does your car workshop has cashless tie up for that peace of mind. If you are OK with non cashless types then you can think about other Insurer options.

Amit - In your case did you cross check the renewal quote recd from bajaj on their website, does it match? If you have had good experience with BA then stick to them. Also you havent mentioned whether Bharati Axa quote was for premium with zero dep add on. If that the case, then negotiate with Bajaj reg the premium cost discount. My suggestion - research and then choose.
Thanks Buddy!

I am inclined towards Bharati, but really not sure how other customers experience has been. Any idea how is Bharati viz a viz Bajaj?
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 16:28   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
a.No, dont lower the IDV just for paying lower premium. Stick to the standard IDV calculated as per the depreciation table.

b. You can opt for a different Insurer during renewal. Just check with the workshop with whom they have cashless tie up, they should be having the list. Future Generali definitely has a cashless tie up atleast with Fiat dealer, Thane.
The dealer was not willing to disclose this information except the name of Future Generalli, hope they have some good working arrangements with this company. I have been calling the dealer for the renewal for the last 15 days or more, but the agent never turned up inspite of repeated promises.

Lastly decided to get the insurance renewed from Future Generalli online, the first time I went for this route. The IDV is 8.57L with Zero Dep and the premium is 19966.
Old 25th July 2013, 21:01   #2516
BHPian

I am planning to switch to Tata AIG. My current insurance expires next week. If I do take Tata, I will be given a cover note and will receive actual insurance in a few weeks time. So my questions are:

1. Why does Tata take so much time whereas other companies do it online and send you soft copy almost immediately?

2. Is this cover note safe in terms of traffic police check as well as in case of any claim in the intervening period?
Guite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 21:16   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am planning to switch to Tata AIG. My current insurance expires next week. If I do take Tata, I will be given a cover note and will receive actual insurance in a few weeks time. So my questions are:

1. Why does Tata take so much time whereas other companies do it online and send you soft copy almost immediately?

2. Is this cover note safe in terms of traffic police check as well as in case of any claim in the intervening period?
1. I guess all companies take a week or two to issue the final insurance document.

2. Yes, the cover note is valid for 1 month from date of its issue.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 08:51   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am planning to switch to Tata AIG.
Why specifically Tata AIG then if you are concerned about the late policy paper receipt. IMO Tata does allow online policy purchase but dont know whether they hand out the policy online itself.
Why dont you try Royal Sundaram or Bajaj Allianz where you can buy the policy online and the policy is allowed to be printed from online itself. That should hold good till you get the original stamped document.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:32   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The dealer was not willing to disclose this information except the name of Future Generalli, hope they have some good working arrangements with this company.
Instead of calling sales department call up the service and talk to workshop manager probably you will get correct picture from them as service manager has no role in selling insurance.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 12:12   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Instead of calling sales department call up the service and talk to workshop manager probably you will get correct picture from them as service manager has no role in selling insurance.
I was talking to the Service Manager only and he was recommending only Future Generalli.

I have already renewed the policy from Future Generalli online.