Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 12:46   #3346
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 240
Thanked: 251 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
NCB protection is not car specific, but Insurance co specific. It is upto the Insurance co to offer this dd on cover. Currently the add on cover is offered by Royal Sundaram, Future Generali, Bharati Axa, HDFC Ergo, Tata AIG, Bajaj Allianz etc. I think all major players do offer the NCB protection add on cover.
Not sure about this. I have had HDFC Ergo policy for the last 2 years on my Duster. They do not offer NCB protection coverage, as it is part of Platinum and Titanium plans only (in their definition), both of which are not available on the Duster. This add-on is offered only for higher end cars. Even if you see online, either directly on the HDFC Ergo site or on Policybazaar, you will not get the option of NCB protection.

The reason I know this is because the same HDFC Ergo had previously provided me a policy with NCB protection for my Jetta.
reverse_gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 10:57   #3347
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 33
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hi Team,

I am about to take the delivery of Scorpio S10 non 4x4. Dealer is pushing for zero dep insurance from Liberty Videocon.Please advice asap.
T Y A G I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:30   #3348
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
I am about to take the delivery of Scorpio S10 non 4x4. Dealer is pushing for zero dep insurance from Liberty Videocon.Please advice asap.
Does the Mahindra Workshop where you would service the car have a cashless tie up with Liberty Videocon? Get a confirmation before you buy. Also get the information about the claim process of Liberty Videocon as they are relatively new player in the car insurance segment.

I would suggest to buy the Comprehensive Insurance along with the Zero dep add on cover for your new car, at least during the initial years of ownership. Is the Insurance from Videocon provided free by the dealer??
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:37   #3349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 33
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does the Mahindra Workshop where you would service the car have a cashless tie up with Liberty Videocon?
Is the Insurance from Videocon provided free by the dealer??
Thanks for the quick revert.

I am not really against any new player in Insurance sector, but never heard about Liberty-Videocon insurance hence a bit too reluctant. Already had bad experience with Icici and Tata. I prefer Bajaj Allianz and dealer will call me once he gathers the relevant info. Insurance is not provided free by the dealer and he is charging 9000 total including zero dep.

Regards,
Lalit


Note from Support: Post edited for grammar.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th November 2015 at 01:00. Reason: See note.
T Y A G I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:56   #3350
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Red face Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Insurance is not provided free by the dealer and he is charging 9000 total including zero dep.
Hi Lalit,

9000 bucks for Scorpio??? Surprised at such low value of the Insurance. Surely the car IDV must be more than 10L, are you sure the premium is correct? try online quotes to get a more realistic figures so that the dealer does not take you for a ride.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 23:23   #3351
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Thanks for the quick revert.

I am not really against any new player in Insurance sector, but never heard about Liberty-Videocon insurance hence a bit too reluctant.Already had bad experience with Icici and Tata.I prefer Bajaj Allianz and dealer will call me once he gathers the relevant info.Insurance is not provided free by the dealer and he is charging 9000 total including zero dep.

Regards,
Lalit


Hi, are you sure it's 9000 ? Surely, must be a typo somewhere :-)

Even I need info on Liberty Videocon as my dealer is offering that for 20k upon delivery of my Figo 1.5 D next week. The other option would be 25-26k for a comprehensive Ford assured insurance with nil-dep, from any of their approved partners like Bajaj Allianz. The dealer is assuring me that the Liberty Videocon offer is also a cashless one and they are offering it without the dealer commission to me since I had bargained.
Still confused on which one to go for ! Could someone advise on which insurance package to go for ?

Regards

Last edited by aah78 : 12th November 2015 at 01:01. Reason: Quote edited.
dtox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 09:05   #3352
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,169
Thanked: 2,939 Times
Default

You can opt for Liberty Videocon without any worries. They have been in the market for sometime now. I had my Nissan sunny insured through them and also took a claim which was settled without any issues. Individual experiences may vary and can do so across all the companies. So if you are getting a good quote then you can definitely consider them.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 10:56   #3353
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You can opt for Liberty Videocon without any worries. They have been in the market for sometime now. I had my Nissan sunny insured through them and also took a claim which was settled without any issues. Individual experiences may vary and can do so across all the companies. So if you are getting a good quote then you can definitely consider them.
Thanks, I guess I'll be going for it. The dealer has a tieup and the Ford assured one is 5k higher which is valid all across India. Since there are no other discounts on offer, I will take this for the first one year and console myself that I have got something reduced atleast.
Hope I can take the ones with national coverage in the later few years.

Regards
dtox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 13:13   #3354
BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 1,562 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Have been shopping around for insurance quotes for the TUV300 and the best I have received is 21K (including Zerp Dep) from Oriental. Private players like Bajaj, Tata offering this at 26K. While on paper the terms and coverage from all players seem to be the same, I am a little perplexed by the 5K difference in price. The IDV is the same - 95% of ex showroom. Any pointers on why this could be the case?

Anyone here using Oriental? Please do share your experience.
procrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 10:01   #3355
BHPian
 
Astonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hi, I'm purchasing a new car (probably Polo with a ex showroom of 8.06L). I have already spoke to the SA and informed that I will be taking insurance from outside (reason being their comprehensive insurance is about 30K and then 15K extra for elite insurance). I spoke to the guy in HDFC who has renewed my old car's insurance twice gave me a quote of 24000 with B2B.

Is this a fair deal? And do I need to by the coverage for Hydro lock etc? I never had it earlier and I'm not sure if I will need it in future.
Astonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 15:11   #3356
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

My 2012 XUV 400 W8 is due for renewal. The current IDV will be for 10 Lakhs. I have asked for bumper to bumper with Zero dep. I have quotation from SBI - Rupees 24000, National Insurance - Rupees 24203 and Liberty Videocon - Rupees 26980. Kindly suggest which would be the best option.
iamnarayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 17:54   #3357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
My 2012 XUV 400 W8 is due for renewal. The current IDV will be for 10 Lakhs. I have asked for bumper to bumper with Zero dep. I have quotation from SBI - Rupees 24000, National Insurance - Rupees 24203 and Liberty Videocon - Rupees 26980. Kindly suggest which would be the best option.
24000 is about a good estimate. 26980 from Liberty Videocon is high. Please do also check with your dealership to see which insurance company has cashless transactions with them and then see their quotes. Anyone around the 24000 estimate will be good for that IDV.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 07:16   #3358
BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 585
Thanked: 1,450 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I took out a b2b policy from Royal Sundaram on 31st October for my new Aspire. On reading the policy document properly now I realised that the NCB protection clause had not been selected. Is there anyway I can include that in my policy now.
samaspire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:07   #3359
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Have been shopping around for insurance quotes for the TUV300 and the best I have received is 21K (including Zerp Dep) from Oriental. Private players like Bajaj, Tata offering this at 26K. While on paper the terms and coverage from all players seem to be the same, I am a little perplexed by the 5K difference in price. The IDV is the same - 95% of ex showroom. Any pointers on why this could be the case?

Anyone here using Oriental? Please do share your experience.
Ideally the difference between the quotes for the same IDV should not be huge. Just check the quotes line by line so that you know where the price jump is. Oriental is national Insurance player with sarkaari attitude. There have been good and bad experiences during claim processing. Just ensure that Oriental does have a cashless tie up with the workshop where you intend to service the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Is this a fair deal? And do I need to by the coverage for Hydro lock etc? I never had it earlier and I'm not sure if I will need it in future.
Have you compared the quote with online quote from HDFC or from other Insurers? If you had good experience with HDFC, you can opt for it.
Hydrostatic lock is an add on cover and would be an useful option if your daily commute involves travelling through water logged areas esp in monsoons. If you don't travel in such areas, then you can skip it. If the add on cover cost does not pinch your pockets much, then suggest you opt for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I took out a b2b policy from Royal Sundaram on 31st October for my new Aspire. On reading the policy document properly now I realised that the NCB protection clause had not been selected. Is there anyway I can include that in my policy now.
Add on covers cannot be purchased mid policy year. You will have to wait till the Insurance policy renewal for opting the add on cover.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 09:52   #3360
VKM
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Guys
Does royal sundaram provide 24*7 roadside assistance? in their website they say they do, but i cant find a separate add on cover.so when i buy online how can i make sure i have roadside assistance?
Also has anyone made a claim, how is their service & roadside resistance?
VKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health insurance queries? Ask me! Haste Shifting gears 350 22nd November 2016 19:29
Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section rocksterraghu In-Car Entertainment 695 9th August 2016 07:54
Automobile Insurance - FAQ rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 71 28th October 2015 18:28
P-150 classic for sale .What can i ask for jango Motorbikes 1 31st March 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks