Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 18:25   #3571
Newbie
 
knsivakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 8 Times
Post Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I am buying a new car (Celerio) and trading in the old one (Santro) with the dealer. Bharti AXA is the old car's insurer. Bharti is insisting on Form 29/30 to issue the NCB certificate. However, the dealer says delivery receipt is enough. And, he can issue Form 29/30 only when they can sell my old car. Can someone advise whose version is correct? Any links that can help me convince Bharti to issue NCB certificate, will be useful. Thanks in advance.
knsivakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:39   #3572
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,807
Thanked: 1,804 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
I am buying a new car (Celerio) and trading in the old one (Santro) with the dealer. Bharti AXA is the old car's insurer. Bharti is insisting on Form 29/30 to issue the NCB certificate. However, the dealer says delivery receipt is enough. And, he can issue Form 29/30 only when they can sell my old car. Can someone advise whose version is correct? Any links that can help me convince Bharti to issue NCB certificate, will be useful. Thanks in advance.
Insurance co version is the correct one. Ideally any Insurance co would provide NCB either on the changed onwership proof i.e RC or applied for change of ownership proof i.e Form 29/30. So I would suggest to get the dealer sign the Form 29/30 and submit to the Insurance co for the NCB certificate. Delivery note is not the proof Insurance co would accept for issuing the NCB certificate.

Any idea how would you absolve your liability on your old car by just exchanging the car at the dealer?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 21:08   #3573
Newbie
 
knsivakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Thank you. I now understand why insurance company insists on Form 29/30. An option the sales manager gave me seems to be ok.
1. I need to convert the comprehensive insurance to just 3rd party liability and take an NCB from Bharti. That NCB certificate can be used for new car
2. aapparently, the delivery note will confirm that my old car's responsibility is transferred to the dealer

Thanks again
knsivakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 08:06   #3574
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,807
Thanked: 1,804 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
1. I need to convert the comprehensive insurance to just 3rd party liability and take an NCB from Bharti. That NCB certificate can be used for new car
2. aapparently, the delivery note will confirm that my old car's responsibility is transferred to the dealer
Please note that for:
1) You will not get a NCB certificate per say but an endorsement by the Insurance co about your NCB eligibility on an application made by you. Better, let the old car continue having the comprehensive insurance. If you still intend to convert the Insurance to TPL only, you will have to payback to the Insurance co the NCB amount claimed for the policy year on pro rata basis.
2) Not quite correct. Unless the change of ownership happens, the car will be registered in your name only and any thing to happen to the old car will still be your responsibility.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 09:10   #3575
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Recently I got my car insurance renewed. ( I changed the insurance provider). I emailed them my previous insurance copy to fill in the values. They wrote engine no in chassis no section and chassis no in engine no section. ( The actual value is correct. But its interchanged). I failed to notice this before the online payment. I called him up and he told me not to worry. Can the experts tell me if this can lead to some issue?
adithya.kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 14:44   #3576
BHPian
 
HalfOctave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: DEL-TEZ-BLR
Posts: 39
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

For the first time in my life, I'll be claiming insurance on my car through New India Assurance. My car met with an minor accident last week and I am given total estimate of INR 45,000. The policy is offline policy and I'll have to pay the full amount to the workshop and then claim from Insurance. My queries are as follows:-

1. My car is almost 3.5 yrs old. How much will be depreciated on metal and plastic parts. If I read it correctly, 25% on metal and 50% on plastic will be depreciated.

2. After 3.5 yrs, can I change my Insurance Company? I want something like cashless and with 0 depreciation. Also someone told me that something like "Alternate Car Policy" is also available, which pays you for the period of days one didn't have his own vehicle with him.

3. I don't mind paying few extra bucks for safety of insurance. Which is the best insurance company to go for above mentioned requirements?

4. For a insurance policy changeover, what will be the vehicle IDV? The last IDV by the previous insurer? Or it will be calculated afresh? Any way to get it increased?

P.S. Vehicle is 2012 Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT. More doubts may follow.
HalfOctave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 08:40   #3577
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,807
Thanked: 1,804 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Can the experts tell me if this can lead to some issue?
Even if the Insurance guys say that it will not be an issue, better get it rectified at the earliest. Why did you not opt for renewing the Insurance online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
1. My car is almost 3.5 yrs old. How much will be depreciated on metal and plastic parts. If I read it correctly, 25% on metal and 50% on plastic will be depreciated.
Check the Insurance policy for the depreciation rates, it will be clearly mentioned.
Quote:
2. After 3.5 yrs, can I change my Insurance Company? I want something like cashless and with 0 depreciation. Also someone told me that something like "Alternate Car Policy" is also available, which pays you for the period of days one didn't have his own vehicle with him.
You cannot change the Insurance policy mid year. During the next renewal, you can opt for zero depreciation add on cover. The alternate car policy is again an add on cover and will cost you if you want to opt for it. Before you opt for it, read the terms and conditions to make sure the services which will be provided.

Quote:
3. I don't mind paying few extra bucks for safety of insurance. Which is the best insurance company to go for above mentioned requirements?
You need to opt for an Insurance co which is good when it comes to handling claims. The best people to tell you this are the workshop guys. Enquire with which Insurance co does the workshop have a cashless tie up and based on the response from workshop, buy the policy online. Will be cheaper that opting with an agent.

Quote:
4. For a insurance policy changeover, what will be the vehicle IDV? The last IDV by the previous insurer? Or it will be calculated afresh? Any way to get it increased?
During the renewal, ensure that the IDV for the coming year will be 10% less IDV than last year. Ideally it should be calculated as ex showroom cost of the variant less the % depreciation based on year of ownership, but rarely the Insurance co goes by this rule. Don't over insure your car by increasing the IDV, you pay additional premium plus would be an issue in specific case of total loss or Constructive total loss. Stick to correct IDV.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 16:50   #3578
BHPian
 
prkiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 92
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

My dealer just gave a quote of 27k for 2nd year B2B insurance for my Punto
Is this normal, considering I had a couple of claims last year?
Insurer - New India Assurance, IDV - 644,000.
prkiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 17:44   #3579
BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 905
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
he told me that my car's suspension wasn't damaged, radiator was OK, condenser was OK so the car was in drive-able condition. Hence the towing charge could not be passed. As per him, damage was on headlight, right side member running upto strut mounting, bumper, grille and wiper washer container. This did not seem massive enough, hence towing amount was not deducted. Am not aware if this is right or wrong, .
Absolutely WRONG. these surveyors will go any length to save few bucks for their company. How did he expect you know that the car was in a drive-able condition? Only when the car was put on the ramp and the parts removed/observed is when this could have been confirmed.

Write to Maruti insurance (email should be available on their website) and explain to them that this is not acceptable. I am sure they will refund part of the amount, if not the full one.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 08:41   #3580
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,807
Thanked: 1,804 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
My dealer just gave a quote of 27k for 2nd year B2B insurance for my Punto
Is this normal, considering I had a couple of claims last year?
Insurer - New India Assurance, IDV - 644,000.
Is this on online quote or an offline one (through agent)? Since you already had a couple of claims, your NCB is zero. The Insurer now sees you as a high risk customer and hence the higher than normal premium. The best you can do is get the online quotes from the Insurers who have a cashless tie up with Fiat workshop. If most of the quotes are in the same range, then the premium is correctly calculated. Just ensure that the IDV mentioned for the renewal is 10% less than last year's.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 22:38   #3581
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I am trying to check quotes for a new car insurance and came across something I wanted to share here and get responses.

TATA AIG --- B2B (add ons -- RSA, PA-7, legal liability)
1. Dealer provided quote -- b/w 32k - 41k based with 0 dep.
2. Online -- for the same data I get around 26k nett, Gold Package (includes key replacement, loss of personal belongings & Emergency Transport and Hotel). When I use the quotation number and revisit the site, the cost becomes 41k nett. (without any changes)

Now, from online, I dont know if this is 0 dep, doesnt show any other addons (though the site mentions 12 unique add ons), and why the cost climbs >75% from previous visit to the site.

Last edited by sawah : 30th July 2016 at 22:47. Reason: Gold package details
sawah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2016, 00:23   #3582
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,181
Thanked: 1,034 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I am planning to file a case against Bajaj Allianz, as they have not really given me the original NCB that should have been for 3 years! I realized, and moved away from them this year. I still have the payment details, and their NCB percentage on the policy with me, how do I proceed from here?
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 04:36   #3583
SKB
BHPian
 
SKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 36
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Hi guys,I am newbie here and this is my first renew of my Jazz.I am going tomorrow to renew my insurance.Can you guys please take a look and let me know your opinion on quote.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-1470006358203.jpg  

SKB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 07:52   #3584
BHPian
 
techiecal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 101
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Friends, I have recently sold off one of my cars which was comprehensively insured upto Feb 2017 with Bharti Axa. The buyer will do his own insurance. I have approached Bhart Axa with the Form 29/30, Delivery Note, to cancel the insurance and refund the premium but the company wants to see an alternate policy before doing this. Alternate policy will be done by the buyer at his own time. That means I have to chase the buyer to insure his vehicle and give me a copy. Is Bharti Axa correct in demanding the policy of the buyer?
techiecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 08:13   #3585
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,807
Thanked: 1,804 Times
Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Hi guys,I am newbie here and this is my first renew of my Jazz.I am going tomorrow to renew my insurance.Can you guys please take a look and let me know your opinion on quote.
Your IDV looks less, ideally it should be around 6.8L (based on ex showroom cost seen in the post i.e 15% less than ex showroom cost). Is this the correct ex showroom cost? IDV can also be calculated as less 10% than last year's IDV. First get the correct IDV and then request an online premium quote for the IDV. Also the addon cost of 5.5K, is this for zero dep add on? Confirm with the Insurer what is the calculation of the same? Ideally it should be about 0.47% of IDV. Rest seems ok. Who is the Insurer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
Friends, I have recently sold off one of my cars which was comprehensively insured upto Feb 2017 with Bharti Axa. The buyer will do his own insurance. I have approached Bhart Axa with the Form 29/30, Delivery Note, to cancel the insurance and refund the premium but the company wants to see an alternate policy before doing this. Alternate policy will be done by the buyer at his own time. That means I have to chase the buyer to insure his vehicle and give me a copy. Is Bharti Axa correct in demanding the policy of the buyer?
Why do you want to cancel the insurance on the car being sold. The premium paid can be got from the new buyer as he gets the assurance of Insurance being there on the car. There is no point on you cancelling the Insurance and waiting for the new buyer to first buy because unless the ownership of car is transferred, he will not be able to buy Insurance on the car. The best you can do is:
1) Let the Insurance remain on the car. You can obtain the NCB certificate from the Insurance co. Bear in mind you will have to return back the NCB amount claimed during renewal on pro rate basis.
2) Get the ownership on car transferred.
3) New buyer applies to the Insurance co for the change in ownership.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health insurance queries? Ask me! Haste Shifting gears 350 22nd November 2016 19:29
Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section rocksterraghu In-Car Entertainment 695 9th August 2016 07:54
Automobile Insurance - FAQ rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 71 28th October 2015 18:28
P-150 classic for sale .What can i ask for jango Motorbikes 1 31st March 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks