Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 24th November 2016, 11:10   #3706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Thanks!
I checked the online Maruti Insurance renewal quote from their website and the premium is exactly the same as communicated to me by their agent with the same IDV.
So instead of renewing via the website, will most probably do it through their agent. Might as well help him in his targets.

Another question. Bajaj Allainz via coverfox is giving me an IDV of 99,xxx with same premium amount as Maruti. Where as the IDV by Maruti is 84,xxx. Now I read few last posts and came to the understanding that they actually dispute the increased IDV in case of claims and all.
I am yet to check what was the IDV last year.

So, Bajaj allianz or Maruti?
I suggest you to check the premium amount from Bajaj directly (and not through agents) for a better deal.

If you wish I can refer you an employee working in Bajaj (I have taken many policies from him from last two years and I have got good deal from him), he can give a quote for you. Then you can decide yourself.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 00:24   #3707
BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I have few questions regarding Maruti Insurance (Maruti don't have their own insurance, but have tie ups with various insurance companies).

When I purchased my Ciaz ZXi in January, I went for insurance via Maruti Insurance from Royal Sundaram. Reasons being, less hassle and the quote via Maruti was lesser than what I got directly from the insurance company. As I'm nearing insurance renewal, I have these questions:

1. Does it make sense to stick to Maruti Insurance? They say that claim settlement process will be much faster and hassle free compared to getting insurance from outside. Is this true from your experiences guys?

2. Is Maruti insurance tied to the dealer in any way? I relocated within the city and would prefer to do further services/policy renewals etc. with another nearby MASS/dealer. Can I go to a different dealer and renew policy?

3. Any issues if I renew online from Maruti Insurance website? (No chance of negotiation as there is no human interaction)

4. Irrespective of the insurance company, the premium is same if I get it through Maruti. Does the insurance company matter in this case? I'm wondering whether each company has difference in tie ups with Maruti service centers across the country. In my case, I'll be going to MASS in either Bangalore or Malappuram(Kerala). Which company will be better?

Thank you in advance!
Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 08:33   #3708
Senior - BHPian

Stick to maruti insurance and you can renew your policy online through the website of whichever insurer issued the policy you now hold

There is no need to use a dealer or his broker at all. You can also renew through https://www.marutiinsurance.com/rene...ce-policy.aspx
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 10:53   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There is no need to use a dealer or his broker at all. You can also renew through https://www.marutiinsurance.com/rene...ce-policy.aspx
The amount shown in website is the highest among all, and there is no scope of negotiation too. That's why I'm confused.
Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 12:32   #3710
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dear hserus

My year old ertiga insurance is due on 30/11. original insurance was from Royal Sundaram.
Royal sundaram has given me a quote of Rs 24623 for an IDV of 740880 directly.
My dealer has given me a quote of Rs 22470 for an idv of 751000 through Maruti Insurance and the insurer will be royal sundaram. they will also be giving a discount of rs 1000 when paying ,so the premium comes to 21470
All quote include Zero Depreciation cover,Invoice cover and Aggravation cover.

Through the Royal sundaram direct insurance i will be getting Unlimited Zero depreciation claim in a year. this they have given me in writing.whereas through maruti insurance the claim under Zero depreciation will be limited to 2 only.
I am in a dilemma as to go for which one ?
Please advice
fuzail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 08:06   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Through the Royal sundaram direct insurance i will be getting Unlimited Zero depreciation claim in a year. this they have given me in writing.whereas through maruti insurance the claim under Zero depreciation will be limited to 2 only.
You need to find out from Maruti whether the zero dep add on cover offered by Maruti or by RS. If so, why would RS offer unlimited claims under zero dep and Maruti limit to only 2. What are the wordings from Maruti in regards to this?

Alternatively you can speak to RS about this and also check whether they can match Maruti's quote. If so, then buying directly from RS makes more sense.

Its frustrating to see Maruti Insurance arm twisting customers on the Insurance part.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 11:27   #3712
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You need to find out from Maruti whether the zero dep add on cover offered by Maruti or by RS. If so, why would RS offer unlimited claims under zero dep and Maruti limit to only 2. What are the wordings from Maruti in regards to this?

Alternatively you can speak to RS about this and also check whether they can match Maruti's quote. If so, then buying directly from RS makes more sense.

Its frustrating to see Maruti Insurance arm twisting customers on the Insurance part.
Zero dep will be serviced by royal sundaram either way. I have spoken to Royal sundaram ,they are unable to match marutis offer. Thats their last and final rate.
Difference of rs 3000 between them. please advice. During the current year have not taken any claims
Need advice as soon as possible
fuzail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 11:35   #3713
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Difference of rs 3000 between them. please advice. During the current year have not taken any claims
Would suggest to go ahead with Maruti Insurance if you feel you can continue without any claims in the coming year.

But do bring it to Maruti Insurance notice regarding the discrepancy.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:09   #3714
BHPian

I own a Vento TDI Highline bought in Jan 2013. Current insurance is with Bajaj Allianz and is a Zero Dep policy (Drive Assure Economy). This year insurance premium quote for a 5.5 Lakh IDV is 25K for the same Drive Assure Economy - Zero Dep policy. SBI offers it for 18K and Royal Sundaram for 22K. Bajaj Allianz says they can't go below 35% commercial discount on the OD premium and hence cannot reduce any further. Can you please let me know whether SBI is a good choice when it comes to VW Vento as that is the least in terms of premium amount?
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote