Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 25th February 2017, 22:39   #3751
BHPian

Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

If I can get the quote from HDFC Ergo, then dealer will match theirs accordingly and it will be covered by the loan. Else If I take from HDFC directly, then I will have to shell out the premium amount (which is not much I agree). Question is how to get the quote from them? And what all factors do I need to inquire to get the best deal from HDFC? I am sure there are some tricks as are there in every financial deals
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 11:36   #3752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Question is how to get the quote from them?
Got the quote generated from their site :-

https://www.hdfcergo.com/

Will forward the same to the dealer if they can lower down their quote to match mine.

Please advise what does "First Registration Date / Sales Invoice Date" mean? Does it mean the date when I paid the booking amount? If not then how to get this date (will be required just in case I am required to insure on my own)
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 11:01   #3753
BHPian

At the time of purchase of my Ford Classic (2014), Kairal Ford Trivandrum had cashless tie up with two providers viz. Royal Sundaram and New India Assurance and I went with the former. Ever since I've been renewing the policy online with RS.

Today I visited Kirali Ford for replacing the broken windshield by claiming insurance (as I have NCB protector cover from RS and two claims/year can be made without affecting NCB) and the service advisor told that they discontinued the cashless tie up with RS 7 months back (i.e after my last renewal). He also added that if the surveyor from RS permits, he'll surely make arrangements for a cashless claim or else RS will credit the amount to my account.

This is my first insurance claim procedure and I'm fumbling in the dark. Is there any grounds on which I can ask adamantly for a cashless claim? Will the procedure be hectic if the cashless claim is not approved by the surveyor?
RiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 15:32   #3754
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
This is my first insurance claim procedure and I'm fumbling in the dark. Is there any grounds on which I can ask adamantly for a cashless claim? Will the procedure be hectic if the cashless claim is not approved by the surveyor?
Have you contacted RS as yet? If not, do so and confirm they have the cashless tie up with the workshop. I am sure RS will honor cashless tie up since the workshop has agreed for cashless repairs. In case RS does not entertain cashless repairs, get the repairs done by upfront payment and get the amount reimbursed. Looking at RS's history they are prompt in reimbursement too. The only thing you need to ensure is that the surveyor visit the workshops and approves the repairs before they can be done so that later there is no delay in reimbursement.

Did you get any message from workshop about the discontinuing of the cashless tie up?

Hope the above helps.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 16:55   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you contacted RS as yet? If not, do so and confirm they have the cashless tie up with the workshop. I am sure RS will honor cashless tie up since the workshop has agreed for cashless repairs. In case RS does not entertain cashless repairs, get the repairs done by upfront payment and get the amount reimbursed. Looking at RS's history they are prompt in reimbursement too. The only thing you need to ensure is that the surveyor visit the workshops and approves the repairs before they can be done so that later there is no delay in reimbursement.
Took the vehicle to another F.A.S.S (Harry Ford) and they agreed to push for cashless claim from RS although they don't have tie up with them (I still don't know how that is possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Did you get any message from workshop about the discontinuing of the cashless tie up?

Hope the above helps.
Didn't get any message specifying the same. Thanks a lot for the response mate. Will keep posted on the updates.
RiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 17:08   #3756
BHPian

I have a Maruti Insurance (from HDFC, I think) policy for my car. I am considering taking a new car on company lease. Will I be able to transfer my 40% NCB to the new car?

Anyone with prior experience of having done that?
mentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 19:23   #3757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentos View Post
I have a Maruti Insurance (from HDFC, I think) policy for my car. I am considering taking a new car on company lease. Will I be able to transfer my 40% NCB to the new car?

Anyone with prior experience of having done that?
The RC and insurance of the new car are in the name of the company, who is the lessor. How can you transfer NCB then - technically not possible but check with your insurer if they are willing to make the NCB transfer.

The reverse is quite possible, the company can issue a letter authorizing NCB transfer. http://www.livemint.com/Money/D6RAEU...ed-to-you.html
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:24   #3758
BHPian

Not sure if this has been answered already ( I checked multiple pages but this thread is 251 pages long!). Would really appreciate if someone can help here.

I may be selling my car in next couple of months and my insurance is due this month. This is for a 2015 model car with 0% dep bumper to bumper insurance. I do not intend to purchase another car to replace this.
If I do go ahead with same renewal, is there any benefit to me when selling the car in terms of selling price? I ask since buyer would anyway purchase own insurance. Can this insurance transfer (since it would be only about a month old) to the buyer?
vipulbatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:35   #3759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
Not sure if this has been answered already ( I checked multiple pages but this thread is 251 pages long!). Would really appreciate if someone can help here.

I may be selling my car in next couple of months and my insurance is due this month. This is for a 2015 model car with 0% dep bumper to bumper insurance. I do not intend to purchase another car to replace this.
If I do go ahead with same renewal, is there any benefit to me when selling the car in terms of selling price? I ask since buyer would anyway purchase own insurance. Can this insurance transfer (since it would be only about a month old) to the buyer?
The question to be considered is - Are you eligible for any NCB for claims free use for the last 2 years.

If so it may be worth cancelling the insurance when the car is sold. The NCB Certificate is valid for 3 years from date of issue and can be used should you buy any other car

If no NCB then you can transfer the Insurance to new buyer (he will have to repay any NCB you have availed.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 00:00   #3760
BHPian

Thank you Ram!
I had a claim in first year but current year I can claim NCB.
vipulbatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 16:28   #3761
BHPian

The insurance of our Elite i20 Asta CRDi from Bajaj Allianz will expire on 15-03-2017.
Our Indigo had NCB of 50% from New India Assurance while selling which I transferred while buying Elite i20.

I did not make any claim in two years of Elite i20 Ownership (Touchwood).
I am thinking of renewing it online.
I want to know what should be the Normal IDV for our car while renewing now. This is 3rd year of Ownership of car. i.e. Car bought on 16-03-2015. Bajaj Allianz is showing system generated IDV of Rs.546124/- And Premium including Taxes is Rs. 10982/-
For same IDV, New India is showing Rs. 7198/- Thats a difference of more than 3500
Would I need to submit NCB letter from Bajaj Allianz while renewing/after renewal from New India?

Please advise.
Thanks in Advance.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 19:50   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I want to know what should be the Normal IDV for our car while renewing now.
Would I need to submit NCB letter from Bajaj Allianz while renewing/after renewal from New India?
The Normal IDV for the car should be 10% less than last year's IDV. There will be difference in the quotes from different Insurance co. But ensure that you get the premium quotes including the add on covers for the same IDV from different Insurers. Then compare line to line, negotiate to get a better deal from them. Also ensure that the Insurance co's from whom you get the quote have a cashless tie up with the service workshop where you would generally service your car.

No you wont have to produce the NCB certificate to renew from BA or buying from New India. NCB endorsement is more than sufficient.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 17:47   #3763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I renewed my Cruze with New India in its 7th year with a Zero Dep coverage. New India and Oriental provides Zero Dep upto to 10 years. Good to know that private players have also started giving Zero Dep to 5+ years vehicles.
Can you (or any other BHPian) give the contact details of your agent at New India Insurance?

My car is going into 6th year and I am not getting Zero depreciation insurance from the preferred players.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 02:48   #3764
BHPian

Time to renew the insurance of my Brezza zdi+

Quotation from,
Maruti dealer (ICICI Lombard) : 16500
My regular agent (Hdfc Ergo): 19300
PolicyBazaar (Oriental) : 17000
PolicyBazaar(Hdfc Ergo) : 19300

PS: Zero dep & 35% ncb included

I was pleasantly surprised by the quotation from the Maruti dealer, they said they are running some heavy discounts hence the attractive quotation so I almost decided to go with Maruti insurance due to their excellent quotation & peace of mind that comes with purchasing insurance directly from the dealer.

There is a small catch though.

IDV in current policy is approx 9.42L so the ideal IDV during the renewal should be 8.47L & that is the case for quotations from my dealer & Policybazaar however Maruti calculated 7.92L IDV which is approx 55K less than the ideal IDV.

So I asked Maruti lady to resend me the quotation by adjusting the IDV to the ideal IDV (8.47) but she informed me that it is not possible because Maruti has disabled adjusting IDV in their software a few months back. Instead she suggested me to opt for 'Return to Invoice' addon. This addon allows me to claim the amount I paid at the time of purchasing the car (minus insurance policy amount) in case of theft/total loss regardless the IDV. The addition amount I need to pay for the addon is just 400rs. So here is the summary of final quotations.

Maruti dealer (ICICI Lombard) : 16500 (IDV: 7.92L)
Maruti dealer (ICICI Lombard) + Return to invoice : 16500 (IDV: 7.92L)
My regular agent (Hdfc Ergo): 19300 (IDV: 8.47L)
PolicyBazaar (Oriental) : 17000 (IDV: 8.47L)
PolicyBazaar(Hdfc Ergo) : 19300 (IDV: 8.47L)

I find Maruti deal with return to voice addon very tempting compared to others.

My concerns are:
1) Is there any hidden term or condition in return to invoice addon?

2) FAQ page on Policybazaar mentions that return to voice is usually offered only within the first year however Maruti dealer is offering me it during renewal (assured me that it will be mentioned in the new policy as well) and claims that it can be opted for upto 5 years along with zero dep addon. Do I need to investigate further about Maruti dealer's claim here?

3)The major one: Even if I get full amount in case of theft, total loss (which is a great benefit, IMO), IDV of the car will be reduced during future renewals. I may opt for return to invoice addon upto 5 years as well (I find the addon extremely VFM for 400 bucks) but after then, my IDV would remain approx 40k less than the ideal IDV if I go for the Maruti insurance right now. Is it worth to take the risk? (I plan to keep the car for approx 8 years)

Experts, please let me know your views on this.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 25th March 2017 at 02:54.
bhavik.1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 10:37   #3765
BHPian

I have just sold my car after expiry of insurance. No claims so I guess am entitled for a ncb of 20%. Am planning to buy a new car within the next month. What do I have to do to transfer the ncb from my previous policy as and when I buy it? Request guide.
handsofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote